Terrible iracing drivers

The one thing Ive noticed in my week and a half with iracing is that there are some bad mannered drivers who seem to be on there getting away with a terrible driving style. Now at first I thought it was confined to the rookie series, with inexperienced drivers coming to grips to the fact they are no longer playing need for speed, but having since fast tracking my way to a C liscense ive noticed that these drivers keep appearing. Just that the ones with higher licenses know that in order for you to protect your precious saftety rating they can block, brake check, weave and divebomb you because they rely on you to get out of their way (even if you are much faster).

Just in a race I did moments ago, a guy was doing all these things. Eventually I got sick of him as he tried to run me off the start straight as I tried to pass him (if he let me, I would have had him passed well before turn one) so I held my line, he turned in and was speared off. Cue torrent of abuse from him but was I justified? Or have I become one of them?

Also, any tips on avoiding these drivers? Will they eventually dissapear by the time I get to A level?

It's a bad idea to make your judgement based on the rookie series. They are the play and testing ground for everyone. Sure, the racing there is worse than any other place.

I agree with you, this is where the inexperienced start out so some incidents are to be expected. However, I believe more effort should be put forward by iracing to educate the new drivers. Or at least encourage them to practice these types of situations outside of offical servers. Perhaps a racing school would be beneficial? Perhaps it might cost a tiny bit extra but that little bit of training surely would be good for everyone.

IT's best not to worry to much about SR or irating because they will both naturally progress to your level, It's also not too bad of a thing to have lots of incidents early on as everyone will have incidents during iracing so its best to learn to deal with them in the early stages :) get used to the damn meatball flag too :)

IT's best not to worry to much about SR or irating because they will both naturally progress to your level, It's also not too bad of a thing to have lots of incidents early on as everyone will have incidents during iracing so its best to learn to deal with them in the early stages :) get used to the damn meatball flag too :)

Well yeah its better they do it there where the races are frequent and dont mean much than in the more important races! But still, while all of us made mistakes when we were starting out I think there is a small minority who tend to make a lot more of them, and are unwilling to practice and use patience. The kind of people who are merely there to win and dont fully grasp the bigger picture. Whilst its a minority, their actions tend to be very visible to everyone else. Fortuantly, most dont make it up the SR foodchain, so once you get out of rookies it all gets much better.

Still, whilst I love iRacing, it doesnt hold a candle to organised league racing, where more than a SR is at stake :) But its the next best thing :p

I've experienced the same problem, especially in the rookie series. I was lapping a guy, blue flags waving and he smashes into me.
I lost my 4th place. I was so p***** off.

I've been in both situations, being lapped and taking a hit from the driver who is lapping me, and the other way around with the guy being lapped by me trying all these unnecessary defensive driving positions. Either way, I really think the blue flag system should be reviewed, as currently it only displays a blue flag and does not enforce it.

I've been in both situations, being lapped and taking a hit from the driver who is lapping me, and the other way around with the guy being lapped by me trying all these unnecessary defensive driving positions. Either way, I really think the blue flag system should be reviewed, as currently it only displays a blue flag and does not enforce it.

I guess I don't have a problem with the blue flag as it is, because you should have the F3 window open all the time so you should be aware that leader or other guys are coming before the blue flag comes up. If you are trying to lap someone they are not obligated to move over and let you by, its more out of courtesy if the do. F1 is the only one that I know of that it's mandatory to move over. But then again this is just a game so just because it's in the real F1 doesn't mean it's in the game.

I guess I don't have a problem with the blue flag as it is, because you should have the F3 window open all the time so you should be aware that leader or other guys are coming before the blue flag comes up. If you are trying to lap someone they are not obligated to move over and let you by, its more out of courtesy if the do. F1 is the only one that I know of that it's mandatory to move over. But then again this is just a game so just because it's in the real F1 doesn't mean it's in the game.

Taken from the sporting code:

It is strongly recommended that a slower car being lapped makes every reasonable effort to facilitate a safe pass.

I'm not saying you should stop your race to let the leader by, but you really shouldn´t try and make the pass harder by blocking.

I'm not saying you should stop your race to let the leader by, but you really shouldn´t try and make the pass harder by blocking.

Some people (wasnt saying you) think the slower cars should move over, slow down and let them by, and if they don't it's a travesty. So ya I know what you mean.

Its a big gray area still, believe me I have been on both sides as well. If you have run the GT cars in the prototype/gt series you know what a pain it was when being lapped by the HPDs. Most of them where respectful and didn't push the issue but some had a real issue if you made them brake early or if they had to follow you into a corner, then they would yell at you for blocking and you should have moved over even if it was in the middle of the corner.

I am just not sure how you can enforce the blue flag, since the SR is a no fault system they can't enforce penalties for purposely blocking during the race. I guess protest afterwards could work but that's a long shot. I just race my race respectful to others and try not to get worked up with the trolls.

I am just not sure how you can enforce the blue flag, since the SR is a no fault system they can't enforce penalties for purposely blocking during the race. I guess protest afterwards could work but that's a long shot. I just race my race respectful to others and try not to get worked up with the trolls.
Just give a Stop/go penalty to the backmarker if he ignore the blue flag for x corners or seconds.

This largely about both the drivers. If I am slow for example, I always wait until there is a safe opportunity for faster driver to overtake, even if it meant that I would have to brake a bit. If he's stupid however and tries to overtake me at a dangerous section of the track, well, I don't want to be held responsible for anything.

If SR is a measure of my driving skill, then they fluctuate with the day. I jump up and down between A1.00 and A4.99 regularly.

If iRating is a measure of skill I must have lost about 33% of my skills over the past three months.

Both are rating systems from which very little meaningful conclusions can be drawn. A best they tell you something about the progression in terms of relative results and incidents, but you can't really tell from them whether you are becoming a better driver or not.

I hit anything that moves, and when they've all been towed away, I seem mesmerized/magnitized by trees and guard rails.

:D thats a good post David.

So I am really excited with the new GT challenge series, so I joint my first race tonight and I only made it to the 3rd lap :cry: . Some guy spun in front of me and I panicked and spun around not paying attention to my car but watching his. I was facing the wrong way in traffic and coasting backwards but in a straight line, and the next guy came around the corner and nailed me head on, I tried to drive off because I didn't get the doughnut flag right away and the spotter didn't say I had wheel damage, but as soon as i turned the wheel a little, instant spin, and as I am spinning I get the spotter saying that I have wheel damage, oh well. Try again tomorrow.

I've run two races with a success. I am qualified (high .43) so I start from fifth or sixth place usually. It's not as dangerous as starting from 20th position. But I was a spectator in an evening race and that was a wreck fest, only 5 drivers (out of 21) made it till the end.

I hit anything that moves, and when they've all been towed away, I seem mesmerized/magnitized by trees and guard rails.

Now give that man a cold one for honesty :) You guys should try X Box Live. Snotty nose teenagers screaming in your ear that you suck for he just got stuffed or others running backwards simply to try and cause the biggest wreck.

It's funny how sim racing is just like real life :)

Now give that man a cold one for honesty :) You guys should try X Box Live. Snotty nose teenagers screaming in your ear that you suck for he just got stuffed or others running backwards simply to try and cause the biggest wreck.

It's funny how sim racing is just like real life :)

I don't own a console, and unless GT6 becomes a true sim, I doubt I ever will:geek:
I haven't done much iracing racing, but so far there's no wreckers, nor in rf2, but iracing has more careful drivers{trying to preserve their SR} so by and large you get value for your racing, but there's always exceptions.

David I started on a quest to build me a little sim to save money and stay inside since I have bought enough houses cars and boats for my Dr's over the years and have to say the I series guys take it a lot more serious. Here in the Us it's a hobby from what I have seen over there it's a passion, almost religion.

That's racing to me when it runs in your veins and the child like banter you see on the consoles leads to a quick boot in the arse as admin holds the door open :)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.