TCR Assetto Corsa? Official series due to start 2020?

There is some kind of official TCR championship starting for what is quite obviously AC.

Any ideas? Is this going to get a public release?

Nice, they are aligning with other series and offering "replacement" esports events. Nice. What is really original is that they want to award bonuses for the real championship to those drivers who win the esports events. This is something I never heard before and may make the championship really interesting, because they would fight for the 'real' championship even when racing in AC.

Hmm, thats a good bet.

Unless someone is re-packaging up the Assetto Corsa assets as a "new TCR title", but thats doubtful...

Interesting also, because I thought Raceroom and iRacing were kinda the semi-official TCR home...?

From https://europe.tcr-series.com/index...9GwLTM3BLfPZTH8FD6tdJA5df6CZoK9XVvZ9kaSIq5ngs

The opening round of the TCR Europe SIM Racing series has unveiled the virtual versions of the TCR racing cars that have impressed motorsport insiders and fans alike for their realistic and detailed look. To enter the SIM racing arena in the best possible way, the WSC Group has appointed Italian expert Luca Ragusa who has made a stunning job in programming the homologated models and rendering the liveries of the different drivers. “My job consists of programming the cars for virtual racing. I start from 3D renderings realised by Lorenzo Prati of LP Design, and through a bespoke tool I work on the look and the functional behaviour. It takes about 300 hours of work to complete each model; then my partner Marco Sabbatini works on rendering the livery of each driver and it takes him 20/25 hours more per car, depending on the complexity of the decoration. The final touch is given by Tino Hartmann who adds the sound of the cars,” Ragusa explained. The drivers may adjust only a limited number of parameters. “During the programming I fix some features such as gearbox ratios, aerodynamic drag and suspension range, while the drivers can later set up tyre pressure, brake distribution and differential calibration.” In cooperation with the car manufacturers’ technical departments, Ragusa will be soon working on the 2.0 versions of the virtual TCR cars. “We will improve the graphic so that the cars will show body damage after an incident, making everything even more realistic.” Currently reserved for the real drivers, the TCR digital cars are already coveted by the fans, as was proved by the comments posted in live chat during the Spa races. “We are pleased to see that the fans loved them. All we can say to them is to be patient. Soon our cars will be available for them too,” said WSC president Marcello Lotti.

Sorry to ask but what mod are they going to use? I've never heard about any TCR mod for AC.

There's been a TCR Cupra around forever ( I've run races in it here at least two years ago ) and I'm pretty sure there's another mod of somewhat unknown provenance around. The ETRC virtual series is run on AC and they just got trucks built for them, so there's no real reason the TCR lot can't do the same.

Have any of you heard any update on this I have been looking for either the pack of cars they said WSC planned to release?

I have never found them either here or anywhere else.

- Was the release canceled?
- Shifted to ACC instead?
- A limited-time thing that has since been pulled and I missed it?
- Or am I just looking in the wrong place?

Hopefully, someone knows and can either point me in the right direction or let me know it isn't there yet?

Thanks,
Jason

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back