The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
flyertc65.jpg

Servername: RACEDEPT.COM TEAM
Class: Alfa GTA + Lotus Cortina
Track: Birmingham GP
Event Start: 20.00GMT
Practice: 20 min
Qualification: 10 min (1 timed lap only)
Race: 2 x 14 laps
Note1: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
Note2: You must choose a different car for each race

Event Notes:
1. Teams will be randomly selected from the sign up list. Please do NOT ask if you can choose your own team mate.
2. Driver will be allocated as "Driver1" & "Driver2" within the Team.
3. In Race1, Driver 1 will drive the Alfa, Driver 2 will drive the Cortina
4. In Race2, Driver 1 will drive the Cortina, Driver 2 will drive the Alfa
5. Team liveries will be assigned by me.
6. I will announce the teams on the Sunday before the event so people can have a chat if they want to.
7. Scoring will be done the same as the previous Team event

P1 = 1 point, P2 = 2, P3 = 3 etc.

The team scoring the lowest aggregate points across the 2 races wins.

This was put up this far in advance so I can do the required admin, so people (hopefully) have enough time to consult within their teams a little if they want to.

My first event back after a break, and no practice, so pretty rusty. Birmingham is such a good track though.

Race 1: Started from P4 which was actually my qualy spot from the first attempt, but this time I didn't get the same great start. Copped a couple of "hip and shoulder" passes early but then settled into P3, but was tagged by Piotr in the final turn and spun off. My team mate Knut then dropped in behind me as "protection", but Piotr then pushed him off track. From then on, it was a lonely drive to finish P3.

Race 2: Another start from P4, but yet another bad start. Sam got sideways off the line and nudged me into the grass (it wasn't Sam's night for starting lol), allowing Piotrek and Stu to pass. Then, under brakes into the hairpin, Carlos tagged me resulting in Carlos, Hans, and I all ploughing into the sand and bogging the cars. Hans recovered first, so Hans and I had a few nice laps together, until I passed Hans when he got wobbly exiting the last chicane, but I touched the grass and wobbled in front of Hans causing us both to spin off (sorry Hans ), and I then slapped the wall twice getting back onto the track. Hans and I then resumed our nice race together until Hans spun. I then had a terrific battle with Piotrek (very enjoyable mate), for many laps, but sadly Piotrek spun off at the hairpin, and I then cruised on to finish P5.

Thanks Stu, great event, and thanks to all who raced.

Team results

Code:
[B][U]Team1                      Race1      Race2      Total       Positions[/U][/B]
Warren Dawes                 3          5          8 
[U]Knut Omdal Tveito            5          2          7 [/U]
[B]Total                        8          7          15          1st[/B]

[B][U]Team4                      Race1      Race2      Total       Positions[/U][/B] 
Stuart Thomson               1          3          4 
[U]Philip Antonia               8          10         18[/U] 
[B]Total                        9          13         22          2nd[/B]

[B][U]Team3                      Race1      Race2      Total       Positions[/U][/B] 
Carlos Diaz                  6          6          12 
[U]Piotr Misiorek               10         1          11[/U] 
[B]Total                        16         7          23         =3rd[/B]

[B][U]Team5                      Race1      Race2      Total       Positions[/U][/B] 
Sam J Simpson                4          4          8 
[U]Hans Sneep                   7          8          15[/U] 
[B]Total                        11         12         23         =3rd[/B]

[B][U]Team2                      Race1      Race2      Total       Positions[/U][/B] 
Piotrek Blaszczak            2          7          9 
[U]Andrew Jarnell               9          9          18[/U] 
[B]Total                        11         16         27          5th[/B]

Well done to Warren & Knut - showing that consistency and no bottom half finishes across the team reaps dividends.

Congrats Warren! Well done

It was great to be back in business even though I was a bit rusty. And it was hard work so I got a bit tired. At one point I had intense pains down my left arm (felt like it was on fire:D)

Race 1: After the restart I forgot to load my setup which left me with 15 degrees of lock and wrong brake balance. With 720 degrees on the wheel it felt like steering a ship with no feeling of tiregrip. I did my best but I couldn't wait for Race 2:)

Race 2: In the Alfa this time. I'm liking this car more and more each time I drive it. I started 2nd on the grid, side by side with Piotr. Got off to a good start and took 1st. For the first part of the race I was watching my back as I couldn't escape Piotr's Alfa. I had a little accident where I hit Andrew and lost my position to Piotr. It was no big deal and Piotr actually waited for me and let me pass! With Stuart joining in it was hard work the following laps.
Piotr was a little faster than me and eventually he made a very elegant pass. For the last few laps I was chasing Piotr and ended up only 0.5s behind. Great fun!

Many thanks Stuart and RD for another great event

Horrible night for me. In both races I tapped someone right at the beginning. Race1 I think I hit Hans and Race2 I broke too late right into Warren and then we all got stuck in what felt like quick sand. I was stuck there for about 15 to 20 seconds, very frustrating, but I guess that's what I get for not paying attention and messing up someone else's race.

I did have a little fun at the end of race2 with Piotrek though, so it wasn't all that bad.

Also, big thanks to Piotr for letting me follow him around the track. It improved my time by a little more than a second per lap. Unfortunately I couldn't put the training to any good use since I was playing "Bumper Cars" all night.

And thanks to Stu and RD for setting up these events, you guys are great.

Sorry for my poor first GTL outing :(. First race I just took too long to learn to treat the car right and it kept bitting me in the arse. When I got a clean lap it was pretty good time wise and I had a brief battle with Sam and Carlos. I know and love the track, but I just tried too hard. Crashed near the end and decided to watch the rest of the race from the pits to see where I was going wrong, but my power had a brief outage and I didn't get the chance to try and do better in Race 2.

I will try and get some more time with GTL. I'd forgotten how nice the cars feel and get comfortable with them b4 trying to race you guys again.

Thanks Stuart for organising and well done for getting 2nd all by yourself.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 26 22.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 24 20.7%
  • Prizes

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • Trophies

Votes: 12 10.3%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 6 5.2%