Talent files refuse to work no matter what i do

I tried every single thing that ive found online but the AI grid is still random
It makes running custom championships completely pointless as, for example, when recreating f1 2012 the HRT team is on pole ridiculously often (making me question if the talent file strength parameter is getting inverted or is my luck that bad?)

So far i've tried:
-precisely checking the talent folder path in series files
-correcting file names, driver names inside the files
-temporalily removing all talent files except the ones for the series i use
-changing around all the AI parameters in the PLR file
-testing with official tracks and cars as well as the modded ones
-reinstalling the game (with documents folder removed)

Am i missing something obvious or is my game corrupted in some crazy rare way?

Hopefully, you are not losing your mind and just suffering from file juggling anxiety like me.

So firstly, check the series file (SRS) for the cars you are driving. I don't have the F1 mod you have, so I will use the Mini Challenge as my example. Look for the line, Vehicle filter = |Mini
This is the car class we are dealing with.

Now go to the GameData\Vehicles folder and look for the folder with the cars in it. In my case, its Mini_Challenge

Now open the folder containing one of the team cars. For me, it's the BMR folder, then open the VEH file in notepad.

Look for the line Classes= "Mini"
This should be the same as in the SRS file. In my case, it's the same. Fantastic, now I know I am dealing with the right car.

Now look in the VEH file again for the line Driver="Paulo Amatti"
This is our driver's name for the Talent file.

Now go to the Talent folder GameData\Talent\Mini_Challenge, find our driver's file, and open it in notepad.
The first line in the Talent file (RCD) must be the same as the driver's name in the VEH file. Check it and change it if necessary.

Now, if everything is correct, we are good to go with adjusting the talent file.

Change the Speed= setting. (any number between 1-99)

If you use an advanced text file editor like notepad++, you can open all the talent files simultaneously and tab between them, adjusting the speed setting, then get more advanced and do the aggression and composure settings. Take it slowly. It's easy to get confused and frustrated. Remember to copy the files into a backup folder when you get it all screwed up and need to go back.

I hope this helps you find a simple mistake, fix it, and enjoy your racing. If not, then get back to us, and we will continue to try and help.

Last edited:
Hopefully, you are not losing your mind and just suffering from file juggling anxiety like me.

So firstly, check the series file (SRS) for the cars you are driving. I don't have the F1 mod you have, so I will use the Mini Challenge as my example. Look for the line, Vehicle filter = |Mini
This is the car class we are dealing with.

Now go to the GameData\Vehicles folder and look for the folder with the cars in it. In my case, its Mini_Challenge

Now open the folder containing one of the team cars. For me, it's the BMR folder, then open the VEH file in notepad.

Look for the line Classes= "Mini"
This should be the same as in the SRS file. In my case, it's the same. Fantastic, now I know I am dealing with the right car.

Now look in the VEH file again for the line Driver="Paulo Amatti"
This is our driver's name for the Talent file.

Now go to the Talent folder GameData\Talent\Mini_Challenge, find our driver's file, and open it in notepad.
The first line in the Talent file (RCD) must be the same as the driver's name in the VEH file. Check it and change it if necessary.

Now, if everything is correct, we are good to go with adjusting the talent file.

Change the Speed= setting. (any number between 1-99)

If you use an advanced text file editor like notepad++, you can open all the talent files simultaneously and tab between them, adjusting the speed setting, then get more advanced and do the aggression and composure settings. Take it slowly. It's easy to get confused and frustrated. Remember to copy the files into a backup folder when you get it all screwed up and need to go back.

I hope this helps you find a simple mistake, fix it, and enjoy your racing. If not, then get back to us, and we will continue to try and help.
yeah sorry mate but sadly this isnt anything new to me, maybe except checking if the car class is correct (which, of course, it was)

there must be something deeper going on with my game

outside of talent files ignoring me i also have two different problems:
-sometimes when i try to launch the game the config opens instead and resets my video settings
-very often i have to reset FFB multiple times when i enter a session
for it to work at all (started to happen since i upgraded from g27 to t300)

im guessing thats some specific software/hardware compatibility issue but i dont think it would really affect the talent files, would it?

Last edited:
For what I know, the talent files needs to have very sparse values between them to make any difference on AMS, like the faster driver have 95-100 of speed and the slower like 50-30, especially if you're using a LE mod.

Maybe the values are too close?

For what I know, the talent files needs to have very sparse values between them to make any difference on AMS, like the faster driver have 95-100 of speed and the slower like 50-30, especially if you're using a LE mod.

Maybe the values are too close?
top drivers got speed set close to 99, the bottom one i set to 16

guess which one often gets pole in quali lol

The name in the talent file itself should have no spaces. So JeanAlesi.rcd rather than Jean Alesi.
i know all of the basic stuff, im 99.9% sure it has nothing to do with file names and file paths

top drivers got speed set close to 99, the bottom one i set to 16

guess which one often gets pole in quali lol

i know all of the basic stuff, im 99.9% sure it has nothing to do with file names and file paths

But for some reason it's not getting picked up.
Do your .srs file entries look exactly like this?

// Game/Season Info:
Mod Name = Formula One 1975
Track Filter = *
Vehicle Filter = F1 1975
SafetyCar = 71_PC.veh

Matchmaker = match.reizastudios.com
Matchmaker TCP Port = 40001
Matchmaker UDP Port = 40002
Loading Bar Color = 13244190

OvertakingRadiusRiskBypass = 700 //radius in meter, from this radius and above the AI will be bypassing, bellow it will not
OvertakingWaypointsAhead = 15 //Number of waypoints ahead of the current one to calculate the radius

Max Opponents = 27 // maximum opponents in practice/quick race/grand prix/championship
Min Championship Opponents = 15 // minimum opponents in championship only

ConfigOverrides
{
DriversDir=GAMEDATA\TALENT\F1 1975\
}

// Seasons:

Season = Formula One 1975
{
FullSeasonName = Formula One 1975
BaseCreditMult = 0.0
MinExperience = 0
EntryFee = 0
Vehicle Filter = |F1 1975

etc...
==========================================

Do you run the game as admin? If you do, everything will be kept inside your install, rather than having stuff in the documents folder potentially causing conflicts.

Alright i've found out what the issue was and now the talent files are working (although i can tell they get mixed up with different series where both drivers are present)

the problem was:
Autocalibrate AI Mode set to "1" in the PLR file
It turns out that if this option is enabled, the game completely ignores talent files.
It's off by default but i had it enabled as i was experimenting with getting the AI to drive better on monaco few months ago.

Thanks to everyone that tried to help tho!

Autocalibrate AI Mode set to "1" in the PLR file
It turns out that if this option is enabled, the game completely ignores talent files.
It's off by default but i had it enabled as i was experimenting with getting the AI to drive better on monaco few months ago.
Out of curiosity, did you get the feature to work in AMS?

Out of curiosity, did you get the feature to work in AMS?
It looked like it work
Tried it on test day with 1 AI just like it says in the PLR file and the bot did report its progress through in-game messages but i havent seen any improvement in the lap times except the first 2 maybe

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.