Tactile Immersion - General Discussion - Hardware & Software

• Deleted member 197115

I understand it does too - I think the case pointed out was that when you press test in the outputs section it ignores the global gain and sends a 100% signal.. which might not be idea for the small exciter.
Not really, Effect test signal strength varies based on global gain setting, at least in my setup, goes mute as well when I mute global gain.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not really, Effect test signal strength varies based on global gain setting, at least in my setup, goes mute as well when I mute global gain.
I just gave it a go, you are absolutely right, the test button will not play if global is muted and adjusts its gain based on global. So I just assumed he was right in what he was saying.. maybe that wasnt the case at some point but it is right now.

I just gave it a go, you are absolutely right, the test button will not play if global is muted and adjusts its gain based on global. So I just assumed he was right in what he was saying.. maybe that wasnt the case at some point but it is right now.

Ahhh, here's why.

I suspect the difference is in regards to "Output Tuning" when you have a soundcard set with:
A) Sound Card Volume
B) Generated Sound Output

I think most still use option "A" which is what I had set. :whistling:

The main difference I have seen with these modes is that one will let you apply independent soundcard volumes which may be useful for people using different models/make of soundcards for different units.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

Found that post from Wotever on why "generated sound gain" could be better, seems like in this case FMOD limiter can gently scale down gain instead of clipping.
1667183700230.png

Anyone here use pedal rumblers [the small motors found in game controllers] and care to share their Simhub settings?

Have a set on both pedals and can feel the slip on the accelerator pedal, but never seem to notice anything through the brake pedal for lock ups [ACC or iRacing]

My set up is through arduino, made by my pedal company, DC pedals.

Finally i had some time to 3d print a mounting plate for the Dayton Exciter to the Heusinkveld Sprint Brake pedal. Then i did a bit of adjusting in SimHub and i can say i am totally impressed about the result. I only use as effects for the pedal ABS and Wheel Lock. Here are some photos.
Now i just need to add the 4 other Exciters on the back of the seat + 1 transducer under the seat.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    262.6 KB · Views: 169
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    245.9 KB · Views: 179
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    227.6 KB · Views: 148
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    181.5 KB · Views: 153
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    254.2 KB · Views: 150
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    217.7 KB · Views: 164
Oh my God.

Just started up Simhub and it said my setting were corrupt. It refreshed them, and I lost everything I had been tweaking for 2 years. No profiles. All gone! I had a complicated setup with 6 exciters on the seat and with a big unit under the seat and pedals.

I don;t even remember how to create a effect? I got the setup info over a long period of time reading hundreds of posts over 2 years. All those frequency ranges for road vibration , rpm gear changes, all gone

Where do I even begin? Where could the old profiles be?

EDIT -

I guess I have to start at the very very beginning (crying!)

Mr Latte gave a low freq limit number to protect the Dayton exciters. What was that freq, and where to set it? Sim hub or card driver EQ? I can't remember?

I guess everything abaove that freq should be directed the the exciters and everything below to the LF units?

My LFE's freq range is still configured in the NX3000 amp. Thank goodness

Last edited:
Yikes sorry to hear that but did you never just backup your files, aaaaarrrrrggghhh!

Crossover for EXC can be set to @20 but they may produce some noise with low frequencies still being used. If so try @28Hz

Continued tests:

With more time and effort I setup a configuration to better showcase some examples of the "Channel Test". I can now look into all output options for comparisons and to see both soundcard modes available with any volume levels applied to Simhub Global or individual Effects Layers.

Much more to be done...

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

Next time make sure to export your profiles AND sound settings especially if you have custom setup with individual effects assigned to different channels.
SimHub sometimes resets those after updates or system audio configuration changes.

Next time make sure to export your profiles AND sound settings especially if you have custom setup with individual effects assigned to different channels.
SimHub sometimes resets those after updates or system audio configuration changes.
I had tried to previously, but wasn;t able to for some reason ?(regrets)

I know the answer but -

Has any set up examples for effects (rpm, road vibs, gear shift. etc,) been accumulated in one spot anywhere, so I don't have to do another 200 hours reading again? Seems like RPM was the most complicated if I remember right.

Examples for some one using exciters as well as a couple large shakers that is....

Last edited:
Hey all, to use NX3000D amps in the US that are made for 220V, do I need a 5000W (>=3000 x 1.5) transformer or would I be ok with a lower wattage? The back of the amp by the power input says 350W, even though it's a 3000W amp - so I'm confused.
View attachment 594202
This reminds me of a little adventure I had,
I bought a "like new " NX3000D from Amazon US, briefly look at the unit but did not check the voltage. When I was finally ready to set up my system 6+ months later, it was an EU unit instead of the US one with the proper voltage.
I figured out that some unprincipled character bought the cheaper unit from Europe (from a place like Thomann), bought another unit from Amazon US, made the swap, and then returned the Amazon unit for a "free" upgrade.
Fortunately, Amazon refunded most of my cost and I bought a new unit from Sweetwater.

Still working on my dive into tactile.
I mounted my LFE under seat last night and am now drawing up a new pedal plate to get waterjet cut so I can isolate my pedals.

While I'm designing the new pedal plate, should I be considering adding another full sized LFE there? Or is a BK Advance better suited? There is a AU$80 difference between the two here.

This reminds me of a little adventure I had,
I bought a "like new " NX3000D from Amazon US, briefly look at the unit but did not check the voltage. When I was finally ready to set up my system 6+ months later, it was an EU unit instead of the US one with the proper voltage.
I figured out that some unprincipled character bought the cheaper unit from Europe (from a place like Thomann), bought another unit from Amazon US, made the swap, and then returned the Amazon unit for a "free" upgrade.
Fortunately, Amazon refunded most of my cost and I bought a new unit from Sweetwater.
Had the same thing happen with an Amazon purchased unit. I reached out to Behringer and got the instructions from them on how to solder a jumper wire to change the voltage. Was super simple, even for someone like me that had never soldered anything previously.

Attachments

• C3E89D1D-1148-4C61-9721-BF3A050F9506.jpeg
    C3E89D1D-1148-4C61-9721-BF3A050F9506.jpeg
    336.5 KB · Views: 73
  • 5E6B2815-25F1-4C1D-B3A8-D353BCF1820C.jpeg
    5E6B2815-25F1-4C1D-B3A8-D353BCF1820C.jpeg
    393.3 KB · Views: 69
Hi again,

AS posted earlier this week, I had lost all my Tactile profiles. It all came back to me easier than I had thought it would, and I was able to rebuild a basic set of effects. Some may be better than even before! Lots of tweaking needs to be done, but they were originally just initial profiles anyway.

I've been away with other projects for a while, and have been catching up here. A LOT has changed. I see the TST is now a must have item, as part of a 3 transducer type set.

My setup currently consist of 6 exciters mounted to the seat back and a LFE mounted directly under the seat with one under the pedals ( this used to be a "good" recommended set up) I'd love to add a TST, but my rig is complete and looking everything over the install would be hard do.

Questions -

1. How big of a gap do I have in my set up with just LFE's and exciters, and skipping the TST?

2. Where could I possibly mount the TST? There is no room under the seat. That area is finished with a LFE centrally mounted directly to the seat bottom, and I do NOT want to reconfigure it! I could remove the 2 lower exciters ( I 'm using 6 currently) and install a TST to the lower set back?

Is that a bad location for a TST? The issue is the lower seat back is very unlevel with a center rib (NRG seat) I could mount a small aluminum plate to the lower seat back with some 1" aluminum standoffs then mount the TST to the small plate?

Thoughts?

Last edited:
I only have a basic tactile setup with Aurasounds, an BST-1 and Puck that I don´t feel pressured to upgrade any time soon.

Still I have an opinion for you:

if you are happy with what you feel and like driving it, why deal with trouble of upgrading a working system, drive and enjoy.

if you have the nagging feeling "something is missing here" and you can´t enjoy driving I hope we find a solution here.

and if it´s just "the upgrade train running away from you", well, there´s nothing we can do about it.:rolleyes:

Hi again,

AS posted earlier this week, I had lost all my Tactile profiles. It all came back to me easier than I had thought it would, and I was able to rebuild a basic set of effects. Some may be better than even before! Lots of tweaking needs to be done, but they were originally just initial profiles anyway.

I've been away with other projects for a while, and have been catching up here. A LOT has changed. I see the TST is now a must have item, as part of a 3 transducer type set.

My setup currently consist of 6 exciters mounted to the seat back and a LFE mounted directly under the seat with one under the pedals ( this used to be a "good" recommended set up) I'd love to add a TST, but my rig is complete and looking everything over the install would be hard do.

Questions -

1. How big of a gap do I have in my set up with just LFE's and exciters, and skipping the TST?

2. Where could I possibly mount the TST? There is no room under the seat. That area is finished with a LFE centrally mounted directly to the seat bottom, and I do NOT want to reconfigure it! I could remove the 2 lower exciters ( I 'm using 6 currently) and install a TST to the lower set back?

Is that a bad location for a TST? The issue is the lower seat back is very unlevel with a center rib (NRG seat) I could mount a small aluminum plate to the lower seat back with some 1" aluminum standoffs then mount the TST to the small plate?

Thoughts?
Since you now understand the difficulty of gathering and applying this info from thousands of posts, can you kindly upload your discoveries and settings in an easier to digest than the entire forum post?

Thank you so much in advance!

A TST (or few) is a great addition to a tactile build, but with exciters and LFE, you're not totally missing out on everything it offers. If there was a way to tweak the way the BK's are mounted, it would be a worthy addition to a seat and if you were to find a good deal on a couple, the pedal deck too. You can mount all but the 429 Platinum models vertically, so you could put one on the lower back of the seat and they come with a universal mount that would be able to bolt onto the seat shell.

Quest about Assetto Corsa wheel slip effect:
Cheers to all!Im using simhub for some time so I know how to setup effects etc...but still effect Wheel Slip is hard to adjust.I play mostly Assetto Corsa (+ACC.DR2) so I use AC when adjusting effects.
-My problem is Wheel slip is so hard to adjust for all cars to feel helpful and good.
If I adjust it to start early when car stars to slide so I can feel it loosing grip immediately it feels great on some cars but on others effects starts far to early even if I just take a corner at normal speed and then effect starts to be annoying and not helping at all.
So I end up adjusting wheels slip to start later and I keep that very important effect at low volume...
Is there a way or I just have to accept that every car class have different tyres ,suspension etc..
Thanks!

Last edited:
There are a couple things that surprise me about it and make me think that someone just tried throwing something together, thought it felt better than their previous setup and marketed it as the way to go.

Here is what it has going for it - its relatively easy to add to your rig. and adds some tactile if you have none.

I would never go back to chassis mounted. It's certainly more work to add these more directly to your seat etc.

For crying out loud, why are they mounted directly on top of the springs with some of the energy going directly in to the springs before they go in to the rig? if there was benefit to this and I was to do it then the tactile would not be mounted directly on the springs.
I bought this setup, I figured it was worth a shot at the price, and I will report to the forum how it performs, here is a video they sent out on their philosophy behind their mounting design:
. Even if it turns out to be less than perfect I can always reuse the transducers and possibly the mounting brackets elsewhere... right?...lol

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 205 88.7%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 39 16.9%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 32 13.9%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 34 14.7%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 64 27.7%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 79 34.2%