Tactile Immersion - General Discussion - Hardware & Software

You should fee free not to engage in any topic that has no relevance for you. Its only gone on so long because you want to engage in something that has no interest for you.

If I have something else I want to share I will, feel free not to reply if it doesnt interest you. Thats really how forums work.

The topic is relevant, the need to have it continue to flood this thread isn't.

Goodbye

.....or people should STOP asking you embarrassing questions about what you are going to OFFER and SELL :D

yes maybe you did sign a NDA with Simtag and they are the only one entitled to say anything.....:confused:

I see it as a good sign that it has an entertaining effect of you! Or that you do see it with British humour ! :)
Happy Sim racing!

Tony, show some respect for what not only I have tried to work on and do to change/improve tactile.
You have no idea of what is going or how others in the community have offered a lot of their free time towards helping.

This is my last post in this thread....

May I suggest that you guys that are interested in the application of the sensor and applying that approach create a new thread for that topic?
@RacingMat already has quite a nice thread on it:
Hi!

I've been reading some very enlightening topics!
BUTTKICKER BOTTOMING / PISTON PANG / THERMAL CUT OFF ? Working Solution!

Behringer NX3000D DSP Settings Starting Point

Here is my tactile setup (bought in 2014):
- 1 Throne Thumper under the fiber seat + Pearl 200W amp
- 2 bass shaker 100W left and right side of the seat + 200W car amp
- 4 Dayton pucks (not mounted but suitable for pedal and shifter ?)
- SimHub software

(+ pressure gSeat + 2 DOF harness tensionner + direct drive)

View attachment 442760

I was frustrated with my buttkicker because of (frightening) piston pangs forcing me to lower the gain.
Before the Throne Thumper, I burnt 1 DIY subwoofer buttkicker since that I'm wary with gain...
So the overall results were poor...
And when I read this :cool:

DSP is the way for me to go!

from this clear post, I have understood that DSP can reduce power given to the frequency range causing the pangs
and redirect power to lower or upper range for more powerful effects!

I'm in :)

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Stream deck android alternatives and ressources -/- 2DOF harness tensionner with Fly PTmover

• Deleted member 1449502

Yeah I've been reading through that. I just rely on pings in RD to catch up on watched threads, I forget it's broken sometimes and don't check manually very often.
Yeah I'm the same, missed out on heaps without knowing and spent awhile catching up

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Deleted member 197115

Just finished little "remodeling" using 40x40 profile and sim-lab cantilever mounting plates. Corbeau FX-1 has mounting posts at the bottom of the seat so mounting is just simple bolting profile to these posts.
Outstanding results, tactile never felt so good, we desperately need separate thread with different transducer setups, mounting options etc. so people can share ideas.

One more thing, for peeps with high mileage piston type transducers, try lubing them up, I have done my mini LFEs and all the rattling is completely gone, smooth as a butter throughout whole range.

1022211304-2.jpg
1022211305-2.jpg
1022212030-2.jpg

• Deleted member 1451080

Deleted

I have not had mine for long and have it unlimited in the setting, so 900W max. The settings I have dont seem close to clipping and I dont think I am needing more power..

Bridge it and see if it feels better?

• Deleted member 1451080

Deleted

I used to be well in to my home theater so well aware that not everything is as advertised :)

The grass is greener on the other side but its never hard to get there, it just takes $$

Of course, there is what the lfe is rated for and what it is really rated for as well. There is also the cost of amps that will deliver that promised power if indeed there would be good returns from it.

Not only that but potential running costs. If you are like me and leave stuff running in a cupboard, I bet the 2 class AB rotel's I have doing my other tactile eat a bit while I am sleeping, tery certainly keep the cupboard warm being used or not :)

Thats the thing with this game, always wondering what we are missing out on.

It would be interesting to know though, how might 5-15hz or so may be with double the power.

• Deleted member 197115

Yes also with the theoretical 900W in my settings for the NX3000D.
But if IRL it is only 300W, that would be a shame not to use the full potential LFE.
I could understand that in the past the rigs were not as strong as a P1X however so that could be problem. Who knows.

I may buy the NX6000D to see if I get more out of the BK LFE as I have 2 BK LFE under my seat :D (and then do the fan mod again but with 2 fans this time as the NX6000D has 2 fans sit seems. Can't imagine how the NX6000D sounds when it is with the 2 stock fans. Surely like a plane taking off ...:roflmao:)

Maybe other people with some experience with different amps and the BK LFE can chime in.
There must be some Audio/ home theatre fans in this community with such an experience I suppose.
Crown amps have smart cooling that only turns on when overheated (practically never), next step up from Behringer without going for crazy expensive stuff, DSP is pretty basic though, just high/band/low pass crossover.

• Deleted member 1449502

I have a nx6000d with 2 x q10bs . They pull 900 watts @ 8 ohm each. I've limited them to 900 watts per channel since the beginning and never thought to try removing the limit. I'll try it out tomorrow and see if any performance is gained and report back

For those of you not following my build thread, I thought I'd mention the following:

1. My 3D printed Race-Base mounts on my foot plate were a mistake. They were absorbing some tactile information. After I replaced them with metal mounts more vibration came through.

2. I am running my 40W exciters with my EPQ 304 at only 2 notches above 0 as Mr. Latte recommended and they work at that volume.

I'm working through the first profile that Mr. Latte sent me and the effects are better and more natural feeling than what I had. They are all multi-layered and expect BK and TST pairs. The first file he sent me was effectively a full replacement for the effects I was using in iRacing and once I had the levels adjusted to preference I was happy with it.

This profile is a generic profile, the engine effect has more layers to it than the one he made available here for the Austin Martin V8. I need to test it out on more cars.

I am running an NX1000D with 1 x BK Concert and 1 x TST 239. For me, it's fine. The Concert gets more power since at 2 ohm the amp gives me "500W" per channel in dual channel mode, so running at 4ohm you're going to get less than the output I am getting. Even though the amp might not be giving you exactly what it says on the box, does it really matter if it's shaking your teeth out? I mean I can put my BK even at half strength with the power I am feeding it and more than likely, unless I am in the middle of the day and home alone, I'll never even be able to run it at that level.

Sure, spend thousands on amps that give the performance out of the box close to what it says on the box, or, just accept that for the money and for what we're using them for, the Behringer amps are decent value and as long as they're giving ample power to your units, who cares if you're getting X watts from it?

For me, it's fine
While this is (in theory) a tactile-immersion-general-discussion thread,
it was after all launched by @Mr Latte, who has crafted profiles for a specific transducer configuration.

Expecting complex layered effects tweaked for one configuration to work well in others is fanciful.
Supposing that the same transducers require even approximately the same power,
much less equalization, in different configurations is beyond fanciful.

While this is (in theory) a tactile-immersion-general-discussion thread,
it was after all launched by @Mr Latte, who has crafted profiles for a specific transducer configuration.

Expecting complex layered effects tweaked for one configuration to work well in others is fanciful.
Supposing that the same transducers require even approximately the same power,
much less equalization, in different configurations is beyond fanciful.

FWIW I was able to use most of the effects Mr. Latte gave me only adjusting the overall power level of each effect. They were designed for BK/TST pairings, with DSP curves and Race-Base isolation. There was one exception that I've mentioned to him. I tweaked it quickly to make it work and it may be an LFE vs. CT thing, but otherwise I don't think what he is trying to accomplish is fanciful at all.

He's mentioned trying to standardize a number of variables so that there would be known level of performance that one could expect.

I've now tested effects designed for ACC in both iRacing and Dirt Rally 2.0 and they do come across.

Last edited:
I don't think what he is trying to accomplish is fanciful at all.
I agree with that; you have nearly the setup for which his profile was refined.
I should perhaps have more clearly emphasized that part of my opinion:
expecting it working well in other configurations is fanciful.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea