Tactile Immersion - General Discussion - Hardware & Software

One doubt I came across this week.
I have been driving ACC small cars like BMW GT4 and BMW M2. My shakers setup feels great.
However, following a friend racing GT3 @ Donington LFM races this week, I joined two sessions. Lambo Huracan and BMW M4. And the same shakers setup feels useless. All effects are messy and diluted during driving. Only thing I truly notice is firing up the engine before the race starts. Not even the gear shifts.

My questions being, do you create the same shaker base setup, and then clone it for as many categories(GT3, GT4, Porsche cup, BMW M2...) as you drive? And choose properly from the simhub profile before racing?

I am sorry if it feels pretty obvious to you , but I never found a feeling difference that big as I did this week, switching cars.

Regardless of who/what effects are being used.

Would be interested to hear more on what effects you were applying and if certain effect types were the main culprits with this issue. Could you give more examples with two specific cars between GT4 and GT3.

Sometimes Simhub goes a bit wonky and needs a reboot, Ive noticed an issue a few times when the game is paused for a while, but maybe that was more to do with my own system?

You don't give much detail on how the output changed/altered between the cars that felt good or the ones that felt bad. It could be that the telemetry output generated is higher/lower on some cars to others and with the same settings applied this could cause issues as often for tactile to feel good suitable volumes plays a key part in things.

It would be possible to use spectrum analysis from a basic to advanced level to look more into things to see if certain cars have issues. If one does create more excessive output in telemetry then seeking to see which effects are at fault or if you simply need specific settings saved for a different car/game preset is possible.

Most budget tactile will not handle well, operation of constant effects combined with other effects. Firstly as with these you will be restricted in the frequencies that you can enjoy or properly feel. Also that its likely several of the effects will be using the same or quite similar frequencies. Overlapping frequencies increase the amplitude of those frequencies when you have different effects operational at the same time and that same transducer/exciter/shaker unit being used to generate those effects on that specific channel.

In general we cant really have very good engine based effects operational but then also have very good positional effects for chassis/suspension/tyres. Different users may want one more over the other but I still don't see anything regards engines that delivers something that is "accurate" to any specific car. It's a very complexed thing, even with two very different V8 cars, but Simhub alone with just tone generation is not really enough.

This even moreso with a lot of popular used hardware that is limited to only offering perhaps 30-50Hz of good operation "in range" for it's best usable frequencies. This is where the "less is more" you often here people talk about factor comes into things.

Different Approaches ?
Ways to go beyond this but single units and channels responsible for trying to generate a whole range of effects is the primary limitation. To go beyond that, we need to think differently and seek to use combinations of certain hardware that can better deliver a wider frequency range. We also need to expand how we utilise body locations/regions beyond the normal approach or methods.

Tailored Effects - Specific Hardware?
With this, we can learn to build effects applying frequencies that then suit tried/tested models of units that are more accomplished or better matched for specific frequency roles. To then build for the selected hardware, effects that offer optimal performance of each make/model of unit's capabilities and output character.

Why?
Different models and types of units also can vary in how they feel even with the same frequencies based on their own operational character and performance or how/where they are installed. So someone, making or using effects on one rig and trying to experience those effects on wide range of quite different rigs. That also combined with using various makes/models of units and with different installations too, it will not bring about the same felt experiences neither.

So the whole idea of making effects "in general" to work across a wide range of altering factors like these highlighted, is a bit flawed. What the people creating/developing the effects feel/experience on their own rig/installations, will not be the same as what many others do...

On The Horizon?
I will focus on continuing to create effects , firstly that will be available here and can be discussed or evaluated here. :) Bringing something that goes beyond the basic abilities and immersion most people today "make do with". That raises the potential above the "less is more" scenario and mindset.

To build effects that offer certain sensations, that is only possible with the selected hardware. Effects that are based on musical principles that combine better together, that complement other operational effects at the same time, but with a crucial difference.....

Doing so that enables within an affordable budget, and installation approach others can follow. To then let these people experience much more closely what "the intended felt sensations" from the specifically created effects were created to bring. So others get to experience what the intended felt sensations are...

In doing so, making the most from what was/is determined to be the best performing and desired/chosen hardware (in progress) within the reasonable budget that makes it appealing for people to consider.

Last edited:
Regardless of who/what effects are being used.

Would be interested to hear more on what effects you were applying and if certain effect types were the main culprits with this issue. Could you give more examples with two specific cars between GT4 and GT3.

Sometimes Simhub goes a bit wonky and needs a reboot, Ive noticed an issue a few times when the game is paused for a while, but maybe that was more to do with my own system?

You don't give much detail on how the output changed/altered between the cars that felt good or the ones that felt bad. It could be that the telemetry output generated is higher/lower on some cars to others and with the same settings applied this could cause issues as often for tactile to feel good suitable volumes plays a key part in things.

It would be possible to use spectrum analysis from a basic to advanced level to look more into things to see if certain cars have issues. If one does create more excessive output in telemetry then seeking to see which effects are at fault or if you simply need specific settings saved for a different car/game preset is possible.

Most budget tactile will not handle well, operation of constant effects combined with other effects. Firstly as with these you will be restricted in the frequencies that you can enjoy or properly feel. Also that its likely several of the effects will be using the same or quite similar frequencies. Overlapping frequencies increase the amplitude of those frequencies when you have different effects operational at the same time and that same transducer/exciter/shaker unit being used to generate those effects on that specific channel.

In general we cant really have very good engine based effects operational but then also have very good positional effects for chassis/suspension/tyres.

This even moreso with a lot of popular used hardware that is limited to only offering perhaps 30-50Hz of good operation "in range" for it's best usable frequencies. This is where the "less is more" you often here people talk about factor comes into things.

Different Approaches ?
Ways to go beyond this but single units and channels responsible for trying to generate a whole range of effects is the primary limitation. To go beyond that, we need to think differently and seek to use combinations of certain hardware that can better deliver a wider frequency range. We also need to expand how we utilise body locations/regions beyond the normal approach or methods.

Tailored Effects - Specific Hardware?
With this, we can learn to build effects applying frequencies that then suit tried/tested models of units that are more accomplished or better matched for specific frequency roles. To then build for the selected hardware, effects that offer optimal performance of each make/model of unit's capabilities and output character.

Why?
Different models and types of units also can vary in how they feel even with the same frequencies based on their own operational character and performance or how/where they are installed. So someone, making or using effects on one rig and trying to experience those effects on wide range of quite different rigs. That also combined with using various makes/models of units and with different installations too, it will not bring about the same felt experiences neither.

So the whole idea of making effects "in general" to work across a wide range of altering factors like these highlighted, is a bit flawed. What the people creating/developing the effects feel/experience on their own rig/installations, will not be the same as what many others do...

On The Horizon?
I will focus on continuing to create effects , firstly that will be available here and can be discussed or evaluated here. :) Bringing something that goes beyond the basic abilities and immersion most people today "make do with". That raises the potential above the "less is more" scenario and mindset.

To build effects that offer certain sensations, based on musical principles but with a crucial difference..... Doing so that enables within an affordable budget, and installation approach others can follow. To then experience much more closely what "the intended felt sensations" from the specifically created effects were created to bring. Making the most from what was determined to be the best performing and desired/chosen hardware within the reasonable budget that makes it appealing for people to consider.
Appreciated your input, as always :)
Firstly, it´s my fault, I messed up the engine parametric reverb, which diluted everything else.
I am still finding a decent setting for this effect. Also, I have two BS200i and a BK mini concert 2ohms unit to be installed in the cockpit, so lots of scratching my head these days for upgrading the tactile section of my rig.

These days I am using ACC Lambo GT3 and BMW M4 GT3.
For GT4 category, it´s BMW M4.
Porsche Cup 991.2
BMW M2.
Currently installed, just 2 basspump shakers with nobsound amp. Yes, it is a low budget setup indeed.
One shaker for gear shift and road impacts.
Other one road rumble and RPMs. RPMs I modified the curve so it only kicks when firing up the engine, and when activating pit limiter. More on that later.
I have two small Dayton exciters attached to the pedal plate, but they are off because of becoming quite noisy. In the past, they provided a decent engine reverb effect, which I miss. Also worth mentioning current pedal plate isolation is nonexistent.

by the way thanks for your pedal HPR and new exciters review, quite interesting.

Regarding pit limiter, I noticed different cars have a different engine regime for pit limiter, so my common effect settings approach is wrong. So it´s either a create different profiles, or turn on/off a clone effect covering each.

Appreciated your input, as always :)
Firstly, it´s my fault, I messed up the engine parametric reverb, which diluted everything else.
I am still finding a decent setting for this effect. Also, I have two BS200i and a BK mini concert 2ohms unit to be installed in the cockpit, so lots of scratching my head these days for upgrading the tactile section of my rig.

These days I am using ACC Lambo GT3 and BMW M4 GT3.
For GT4 category, it´s BMW M4.
Porsche Cup 991.2
BMW M2.
Currently installed, just 2 basspump shakers with nobsound amp. Yes, it is a low budget setup indeed.
One shaker for gear shift and road impacts.
Other one road rumble and RPMs. RPMs I modified the curve so it only kicks when firing up the engine, and when activating pit limiter. More on that later.
I have two small Dayton exciters attached to the pedal plate, but they are off because of becoming quite noisy. In the past, they provided a decent engine reverb effect, which I miss. Also worth mentioning current pedal plate isolation is nonexistent.

by the way thanks for your pedal HPR and new exciters review, quite interesting.

Regarding pit limiter, I noticed different cars have a different engine regime for pit limiter, so my common effect settings approach is wrong. So it´s either a create different profiles, or turn on/off a clone effect covering each.

Well thats good news, it seemed like the issue was one of a certain effect swamping everything.
Although I was curious to see if you experienced a car specific issue...

It may be that you broke/damaged the exciter, web/ring underneath is split?

We can build pretty decent engine effects with only a few layers, but often people want key "scenarios" to stand out. Idle, max rpm or acceleration, deceleration cues. Different ways to do this but we are not limited to RPM only.

Thanks for feedback, and yes as shared, I have personally went out and bought most of the budget tactile and several budget amps for future testing/comparisons of my own work or approach to others.

I also want to compare how units operate with the effects I am working on. The truth is, I already have seen what the benefits of the BDS now brings and it has elevated what, myself (or others who may be experienced at making effects) can now achieve from a budget model in particular with regards bringing very noticeable upgrade in felt sensations.

Others have sought to try to group different units into categories, as if they all operate the same or equal just because they operate within certain frequency ranges. My thoughts on this are that, you just cant achieve constant or specific desired sensations from your created effects when you do that.

Yes people will experience something that is maybe working fine, often (staying within the common 30-60Hz frequencies) but how does each user know or get what the person creating the effect intended when they made/tested their own effects?

They can/will differ with how strong or detailed they may be with specific frequencies, yet they all share the same limitations we have had since this all began and that is how limited or restricted a single unit/channel is for scenario's of trying to apply more effects.

The only way to get around this is two fold.

1. Apply units with more operating dynamic range
2. Maximise body contact regions more efficiently to deliver/detect wider number of effect sensations

How About This?
Let me entice you, as others have also been contacting me privately interested in the BDS and new developments with effects. Some having bought 2,4 or even upto 10 units just based on the comments I have been making about them.

This easter, treat yourself and buy 2x BDS units for your pedals.
Contact me when you have, lets chat....

Perhaps you and some of the others can convince me to create a Simhub - BDS effects thread.
To we seek to openly chat about and build effects specific for the BDS unit. Do you want to start with RPM? Would this interest people?

---------------------------------------------

Grass Is Greener On The Other Side?
Not arguing here, but I do not agree with or think it is right for others to promote their own (invitation based) Discord channel here. The situation seems to be, a bit narcissistic, to direct people with intent towards...

1. Content and effects they will not openly share with the community here.
2. Place controls/restrictions on their own members that they cannot even discuss those effects outside of their own community, including here and/or make comparisons to other concepts/approaches.
3. Use (Overtake / Race Department) for their own agenda or ego.

People should be free to chose and use what effects they want and also able to exercise their own opinions or experiences of them freely wherever they want!

I have no problems others bringing different approaches in tactile, or for my own continued efforts to be compared/tested to those.

People can have different preferences, methods/concepts or ideas and only with comparisons or seeking/discovering new or improved creative methods with productive discussions, may we help to improve tactile in general and for the general community...

I have said before, this thread should be laid to rest with new threads created on what is such a wide topic. To have more up to date understanding/experiences shared within new threads and also relative to changes in hardware/Simhub etc that have happened over the last few years..

I don't know if I can request if this thread I created can now be deleted?

Last edited:
Deleted no, but closed to new comments maybe. Infos here might be both overwhelming and dated I agree.

Should there be subcategories in Sim Racing Hardware?

Last edited:
In the be careful category, I have learned that the isolation necessary for good tactile definitely can take away from the feeling of a motion system.

I recently installed some stout linear bearings under my seat's tactile plate and my motion system feels a lot more immediate and my seat no longer rocks and my brakes feel firmer becauses my seat isn't rocking backwards on it's springs. FWIW I have linear bearings on both my pedal deck and seat plate now.

The before and after tactile effects are basically unchanged even under heavy braking forces.

Deleted no, but closed to new comments maybe. Infos here might be both overwhelming and dated I agree.

Should there be subcategories in Sim Racing Hardware?

The thread in how it evolved and what it contains over such a long period is a journey and part exploration in many facets. At the same time it is not a journey others need to take. Outdated, confusing and often lots of my own rambling...

Much has changed or been learned and also in what others have done or learned too.
Tactile hardware has risen in price in recent years, the reality is that very few people are going to install multiple large BK or TST units.

Recent models like the BDS and Dayton 300EX help to bring enjoyment from lower bass frequencies at a price-point that is achievable to many. With this and I referred to the BDS as a gamechanger. Simply because it opens up more potential for experiencing better effects than any piece of tactile hardware in recent years. Doing so at a price it makes little sense to buy some of the now more restricted or lesser performance transducer/exciter alternatives.

Today in 2024, their does not seem to be a clear path, or one that is available as to what is the best combination of hardware to buy. Why it is better, what it offers over others and the benefits it brings. Not only that, but with this have such, were exclusive effects have been specifically tailored to the recommended hardware used.

My suggestion is, that what we need, is to revitalise tactile on these forums with a method and hardware approach that is affordable. To determine with others both, new to tactile or those experienced, going along on a new journey based on many things that have been learned by me and others....

To bring potentially a place where people can follow my approach/ideas or work. As well as any others that share what they do. Giving people free access to new and creative effects being shared to compare with other approaches or effects creators ideas. Even to combine ideas with these newly released hardware options and the benefits they bring to achieving better tactile on a low to mid price budget.

Last edited:
How About This?
Let me entice you, as others have also been contacting me privately interested in the BDS and new developments with effects. Some having bought 2,4 or even upto 10 units just based on the comments I have been making about them.

---------------------------------------------

Grass Is Greener On The Other Side?
Not arguing here, but I do not agree with or think it is right for others to promote their own (invitation based) Discord channel here. The situation seems to be, a bit narcissistic, to direct people with intent towards...
1. Content and effects they will not openly share with the community here.
2. Place controls/restrictions on their own members that they cannot even discuss those effects outside of their own community, including here and/or make comparisons to other concepts/approaches.
3. Use (Overtake / Race Department) for their own agenda or ego.

I just want to point out how weird it looks to me that you have not 'publicly' released any effects at all since march 8, 2021, over three years but you constantly are talking about your new effects that you are going to release.
You invite people to talk to you privately often like you did in this message and then a couple sentences later opine on how bad it is that others do that.

I would like to point out that you sold your effects when you were looking after that discord.. When you got upset and left any donations asked for for YOUR PROFILES was removed and never a dollar taken again for them.
Now a number of people making and sharing their effects in great contrast to what you could were able to accept. To counter your points, some people do share here and you usually have a tdlr post about them, it is complete BS that people cannot talk about anything in that discord outside of that discord. I have tried to talk to you and I just get rude tldr posts about 'other approaches'. You are trying to be the RD bully and it is very revealing that you point the finger at others parroting what you have done for years.

Its usually peaceful around here until you get going.

I just want to point out how weird it looks to me that you have not 'publicly' released any effects at all since march 8, 2021, over three years but you constantly are talking about your new effects that you are going to release.
You invite people to talk to you privately often like you did in this message and then a couple sentences later opine on how bad it is that others do that.

I would like to point out that you sold your effects when you were looking after that discord.. When you got upset and left any donations asked for for YOUR PROFILES was removed and never a dollar taken again for them.
Now a number of people making and sharing their effects in great contrast to what you could were able to accept. To counter your points, some people do share here and you usually have a tdlr post about them, it is complete BS that people cannot talk about anything in that discord outside of that discord. I have tried to talk to you and I just get rude tldr posts about 'other approaches'. You are trying to be the RD bully and it is very revealing that you point the finger at others parroting what you have done for years.

Its usually peaceful around here until you get going.

Lets confirm some points you raise...

Firstly his post was deleted as the admin agreed with my perspective that this thread is not for others to pimp/promote their own Discord channel.

Does the GV Discord, still ask members not to share effects or material shared there?
This certainly was what Peter put in place in the beginning...

Did I release or leak effects, or do things in haste or with malice intent regards GV?

I have asked several times to you and others that if you want to compare effects you prefer to use, to then offer them. It is you that goes about making comments that apparently I used to make good effects, but now better is available. Thats fine its your opinion or choice what you use as I stated....

For a while I have worked in the background on/off for effects with approaches I perused and have learned to incorporate to improve how frequencies are utilised. It appears by doing things that I did not see others doing. It is not the first time I wanted to persue some creativity with tactile and clearly not the last.

Actually, shared a range of effects applying early work with some of those approaches last year on GTP. You have to realise, most people will take free effects and offer zero feedback or help towards testing. This was evident with @50 people that joined a private chat and still today I get asked for people wanting those effects. I do not have the time to respond to that thread and continue to work on those effects.

At most 5 people gave good feedback, some excellent to be fair. But few would put time in to help me regards how the effects felt to them or how they might be improved. A large portion of the people that asked for invites or stated they would contribute did not. Some not having any communication with others in the thread at all. I do not see that as a good investment for my time and when some people want the effects but refuse to buy the recommended hardware the effects were intended to be used on. This defeats the purpose or goals with testing the approach I was offering.

What I do know is those that applied the correct hardware and suitable installation in general praised them for being quite good but above what they could manage to achieve themselves. So I know the principle of recommending tested units, and making effects specifically for such an installation. Indeed this can work quite well on different peoples seats and users preferences. The effects were even built in such a way users can adapt how the effects feel.

These effects are now a bit obsolete, with improvements and continued work I have been doing. Offering better results but also with fewer layers. Also that GT7 required some differences but did not have all effects available.

After the death of my (biological father) and later towards Autumn 2023 I wanted to focus back on PC again. Partially as I was building a new system and then more recently encouraged again with a desire to try and test the newest hardware options that have come out in the last few months/year.

As highlighted in the 2024 thread, while I do not share everything I am working with or doing. I certainly at least do go out and spend my own money on buying hardware I do not typically need but just have an interest to test it for myself.

With having that hardware, then I can experience how my own effects adapt to it, what it fails to deliver but also experience other users effects or concepts they share with what they offer in the community.

The Discord channel was Peters idea, he pushed for it, he also pushed the release for production of RB products to be made available. He was the one that came up with highend price points, against my own intersts but persuaded by him to go with. It was him that made posterwork and FB posts. It was him, that was the one making decisions with the company he convinced me was a good idea to go with. Yet they did nothing to help with testing effect ideas and developing effects which was part of the agreement we had.

What I got was a lot of BS from Peter, that appeard to be a friend but often based on stories/ideas to suit his own agenda. When things started going south, he then tried to claim he had nothing to do with things.

Who do you think came up with and pushed the idea of some form of paywall for the orignal effects I had. Do you think it was me? Who do you think handled and sent me the donations people offered? I made it clear that at that time I was on a lower income and donations if people wanted were appreciated but not my motivation for making effects or my time.

Yes indeed some people did contribute and what was the first thing I did. If you can recall I purchased additional audio plugins for my DAW to further help my own work/ideas.

When I made the decision with Peter and with Mark that my effects would be made available for everyone. How many people do you think then donated to the effects or work I was doing? Peter had a vision for a tiered structure, that is what again he wanted and pushed for. Some effects at level one, then access to newer effects at higher levels etc.

As you bring up the subject of money....
To this day, so we are 100% clear I never made a penny from RB sales. I did get told often by Peter that I had approx £1500 in supposed commission based on early high-end system sales. None of this is confidential, but you seem to not be aware of the real situation and want to paint me as being the bad guy....

Also any decisions regards stocks for parts for the RB. I was not consulted about or responsible for. Who again took it upon themselves to be involved with that yet then apparently had nothing to do with the whole thing and was just someone apparently just trying to help me.

I have emails to prove points I am saying and that he himself admitted he was getting commission from the company. He certainly would have profited from it all. I may also still have recordings of various conversations we had, including ones with Mark stating quite clearly he wanted ZERO money from the whole thing. It was always Peter that setup, handled and managed things. Yet people want to state it was me that started the Discord and I was the one that got all the hate based on the pricing and selling out an idea I had to a company.

Basically I got used, simple as that and was given a vision for something that was never in my control and persuaded to go with things that he wanted to do or bring about. The whole episode caused me grief and that is why I left and never once did I seek from him or that company a single penny. All I got, and it even took several requests was a seat plate and spring/bracket kit sent to me, which you would think I should of had from the beginning to conduct tests or new effects on.

Its all in the past, what is done is done but that does not stop me from still wanting to bring my own ideas or concept for others to experience...

Last edited:
Lets confirm some points you raise...

Does the GV discord ask members not to share effects or material shared there?
The discord is no different than a number of discords or forums that people go to to get specific content. For example, RD does not host various mods as some content creators want to have control of the distribution of the content and say please get the content from their site and don't go posting it everywhere.
That is common courtesy to do so when asked and many people here are using content that is not hosted by RD. There is no restriction on who can join and no $ asked.

You should not be worried that it is somewhere else, there is a lot of content in other places where you choose not to be.

I know what you are saying, I was very vocal here about you and the closed discord, but this is very different because none of what I was saying before, and none of what you are saying now applies.

To bring potentially a place where people can follow my approach/ideas or work.

There was a group of people happy to try out and test your ideas. They had a history of implementing your ideas and liked your effects. You had a dedicated area to share your work and new effects you were testing with people interested in helping. They didn't leave you...

I'm sorry that you have rarely been happy with any of the help that people have offered you, but I think you might want to learn how to encourage people with positive energy rather than being dismissive. Is it possible that you may be expecting too much of people, or not making them feel that you value their feedback so they lose interest in helping?

If you want followers, then you need to help foster a community and that isn't always an easy thing to do.

As well as any others that share what they do. Giving people free access to new and creative effects being shared to compare with other approaches or effects creators ideas. Even to combine ideas with these newly released hardware options and the benefits they bring to achieving better tactile on a low to mid price budget.

This is where I like what you are saying and I would love to see this happen. However, I think that this will require change on your part and it won't be easy based on your history.

About the time we started giving other talented tactile people dedicated spaces of their own, you abandoned those who were following your work, deleted all your work and left.

You are definitely a serious talent in the tactile space, and I would argue the very first person to tap into what is possible which set a chain reaction in motion. I think it is something to be proud of. Years ago, you wanted tactile to be taken seriously and now it is by many people who are also passionate and talented.

I'm just concerned that you are attempting a do over to create a new flock of followers, but unless you learn how to do some things differently you may have the exact same outcome where you are not happy and there is a parting of ways.

I hope you can sense the spirit in which this was written.

Last edited:
The discord is no different than a number of discords or forums that people go to to get specific content. For example, RD does not host various mods as some content creators want to have control of the distribution of the content and say please get the content from their site and don't go posting it everywhere.
That is common courtesy to do so when asked and many people here are using content that is not hosted by RD. There is no restriction on who can join and no $ asked.

You should not be worried that it is somewhere else, there is a lot of content in other places where you choose not to be.

I know what you are saying, I was very vocal here about you and the closed discord, but this is very different because none of what I was saying before, and none of what you are saying now applies.

What is in other places, people are welcome to go and use.
I dont know how many times or more clear to you I need to make it, that this does not bother me.

I did not recall saying, their was a restriction on who can join or that money was asked to join GV.

Peaceful ?
I think you will find it is others that have been with intent insulting towards me, including you.
Don't like my posts or content feel free then to ignore them. Like recently your beef, if you only want basic effects on pedals, again that is your choice but others are asking for effects that offer more immersion and its interesting to explore the possibilities....

Last edited:
Any links to your effects mr Latte?
So that I may try and compare them myself?
I appreciate that you've put immense effort into them

The idea would be to have a new thread to share the effects but to look at each effect individually. Seeking to get others involved and help to share their own input about them.

Their seems to be an issue or debate start, when I raise the idea that other effects people already use. Could be compared to this new approach I want to share. Yet really I do not have a problem for what I have been working on to be put to the test against other approaches. What I do want though is for them to be properly experienced on the hardware they are made to be used on. The simple reason that this is part of the concept I have went with and that is quite different to making a range of effects for various makes/models of units.

I would like, to have discussion with other members here, to go over how each effect operates, how it feels and what settings in Simhub or why certain settings are used with the effects I share. One of the differences I believe I have worked on is how certain effects are being made to work with others and again this BDS unit seems to be able to handle quite well.

Based on tests, the BDS unit does seem to have several advantages.
So really these effects would be built around working on that unit. My goal is to find and utilise the best performing hardware for the lower to mid price point. Then focus on building and tuning with feedback from others those effects...

Also other units can be covered for lower bass extension but the primary unit I see as the best choice at this time, for pedal and seat installations is the BDS model.

I am seeing if we have anyone here interested in getting involved with that?
Already I have several people in DM that want to experience these effects and have purchased the BDS units. That is why I offered to discuss my plans with others in DM prior to such a thread possibly being made available.

Last edited:
Crown vs. Behringer Regional pricing decision?

so where i live....

Crown
XLi 800 : $ 250. 300 watts
XLi 1500 : $ 390. 450 watts
XLi 2500 : $ 410 750 watts
XLS 1002 : $ 340. 350 watts
XLS 1502 : $ 400 525 watts
XLS 2002 : $ 440 650 watts
XLS 2502 : $ 460 775 watts

Behringer

NX1000D : $ 520 300 watts
NX3000D : $ 670 900 watts

So what will be the suggestion from the group to buy ? i believe i'll also have to get a DSP separately if i go the Crown route. i guess the tracks mini DSP is another $100.
If i get one of the Crowns, at 4 ohms which will be decent enough or the best to run a LFE+TST 239 ?
Thanks

Last edited:
Hey everyone, been following this and other threads a bit when making my first step into tractile world, got myself a Nobsound NS-01G Pro, running it with one BST-1 for now. It works fine as initial entry, but lately it becomes unresponsive after certain period of time (visible in windows, doesn't react to `Test` in Simhub).
Can anyone please suggest what issue might be? Maybe faulty unit ? Is there better "quality" alternatives maybe, in range of 50/100W. The power output and channel count (2x50) is enough for me as for right now, the only issue is reliability.
Thank you

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back