T500RS FFB Problem

any updates and fixes on this annoying issue?
I am in the same boat with my T500 RS which is unpredictably restarting itself!
after the self-centering process the in-game FFB is lost and needs a restart of the Sim.
destroyed me several races already and I would love to finally fix this!
did already de&reinstall all Thrustmaster related drivers and software, tried all available USB-ports and added an active USB repeater cable ... but nothing helped so far : (
seems to be a common problem and I sincerely hope that somebody has a solution?!?

That is quite annoying, I can't see what would make a TM wheel behave differently than other wheels.

Does it happen when you set FFB effects to 'low' in game? My guess would lean towards use of medium/high/full, which may enable some effects which might confuse the wheel. I have not had Logitechs or my Bodnar wheel to skip a beat with GSC!

I have never used the Low ffb profile . I will use this and see what happens .
You may be onto something as when i ride over the kerbs when using the F3 car, It seems to give me mixed ffb signals through the wheel .Not all the time but sometimes.

But it does seem to effect all TM users :(

Thanks for responding Niels .

THX Niels for sharing a possible solution with us! but I believe it is not Sim related.
on the internet I found many driver's with the same problem on different Sim's.

I contacted Thrustmaster customer service and got a reply already with a couple of questions and to do some testing of all the FFB effects in the Game Controllers panel to check if the problem reappears. nope ... so waiting for another mail from TM.

on the net I read that the circuit-board might be the trouble-maker and that customers got a replacement from TM for it (seems to be a challenging task to change it though).
or a problem with the power supply is mentioned several times because the T500 draws a lot of it!
and finally the easiest solution could be a loose USB connection that needs just a little squeezing.
so it could have many reasons!!! I 'll keep posting any news here in case someone else runs into the same problem.

Just FYI with the F1 thrustmaster T500RS. After the update to 1.2 my FFB was all messed up and couldn't drive any of the cars. Reading thu this thread I saw i already had the power supplies separate so i went in game and put the FFB from Full to low and left the strength slider bar on 100 % and that did the trick. Nice and strong the way it should be...go figure.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.