Sweet Lamb rally track - WIP

Discussion in 'Bob's Track Builder' started by eno72, Apr 22, 2009.

1. eno72

eno72

Ratings:
    +10
    just some shots of this Wales WRC SS I'm making for RBR (based on the December 2008 real stage).
    Consider it is still under construction: a significant portion of terrain to be modelled, many objects to be made and added, better far scenery to be built, bump maps, etc... :coffee2: ...maybe I'm globally halfway...:wink2:

14th May 09: two pics with whole map in btb and small video added (start is at top left of the map in the pic, video stops after first 180┬░ bend)
    it gives an idea of final aspect (even more objects and terrain materials will be added in the end).

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z68E0N70Y-k[/ame]

8th June 09: rivers and streams completely remade. Main terrain completed, needs refinement. Road camber/slopes adjusted for better driving experience. Started making custom objects, like the buildings and barracks in finish area. Found a satisfactory way to make far scenery. Going to prepare all extra textures for terrain. Pics are now obsolete, I will update them soon. Now I should be globally at 75% progress.

Attached Files:

2. E.Zelaieta

E.Zelaieta

Ratings:
    +44
    It's actually good looking :victory:

Keep the good work.

Have a nice day.

3. jay_p_666

jay_p_666

Ratings:
    +2
    It looks awesome mate, you did good use of elevation. Looking forward to it...

4. zaxxon

zaxxon

Ratings:
    +5
    Really good looking.
    Well done :wink2:

5. eno72

eno72

Ratings:
    +10
    thanks Jamie, now I have to reproduce the old mine close to the river (finally found actual photos in internet!).
    The point about it is: I chose this stage just looking at its lenght, that is 5Km. So I thought it would be quick to make as first track. Then I realized that, since it goes on open hills with important elevations, I have to model A LOT of terrain. But the results are encouraging.

6. AZone

AZone

Ratings:
    +0
    It already looks great! Keep going!

7. eno72

eno72

Ratings:
    +10
    small update in first post.
    Slow, but inexorable.

8. jay_p_666

jay_p_666

Ratings:
    +2
    The mesh is very good and could be use for 3dsmax mapping and wallaby. Please don't stop this project and keep working, it looks well done. :dance2:

P.S.: About far scenery limitation, I don't know...sorry

9. eno72

eno72

Ratings:
    +10
    don't worry mate, I really want to finish it. As I usually say: with utmost calm, but without wasting time :wink2:

10. eno72

eno72

Ratings:
    +10
    Just to give a sign of life.... :)

My track is shaping up nicely (imho), I hope a first release for RX plugin will come shortly, right after summer vacation.
    In the meantime, thanks to Jay_p_666 for spectators, vans and cars, wood logs and wood heaps; thanks to woodn for his "tractor" and roller; thanks to 6e66o for letting me use a couple of banner textures from his RBR France textures.
    All the rest was made from scratch.

And of course thanks to Piddy and Jharro, otherwise I would have never even imagined to start making tracks for RBR.

Attached Files:

11. liquido

liquido

Ratings:
    +33
    wow i missed that post.

look awesome eno72, i can see a lot of custom 3D objects... really hard and good work, glad to see you are working for RBR.

12. delu77

delu77

Ratings:
    +0
    Absolutely lovely :silly:
    Hope to see it asap!

13. Adam Vaughan

Adam Vaughan

Ratings:
    +9
    Wow, how did i miss this. Lovely work :good:

14. Giuseppe Curcio

Giuseppe Curcio

Ratings:
    +14
    Fantastic work!! :in-love:

15. miasmic

miasmic

Ratings:
    +0
    Looks absolutely amazing, particularly impressed with the terrain! Great work!