General Suspension in AC

I missed your other question before, CM's showroom is just not using the physics files, 30 degrees is not based on anything you can set. Most of the other suspension physics is not correct either. It also doesn't implement all the shaders used in AC, and doesn't use the same hdr lighting model, so you shouldn't rely on it to be accurate for graphics in any way.

If the hub doesn't match but it's a small amount wrong (like, 90 degrees off would be a model issue, I'm talking 5-10 degrees of caster) probably your suspension geometry just isn't the same as the model's joint positions.

Last edited:
So Stereo, you mean that in game you'll have the right front wheels rotation depending from the Lock to Lock and steer ratio contained in .ini files?
No Idea if Ilja addressed the hub problem in some of his extended physic/graphic code?

Last edited:
Hi all, just an update. I'm quite satisfied and there is stil room for improvement.
I was no able to have good result putting the arms empty on the fxed point as suggested form Stereo, probably my fault missing something.
At the end, since the probelm is because we have to move a triangle, I simply splitted it and used constraints on each arm. It's a workaround that make "deformable" the triangle. Even if not really visible, also the hub joints are quite coincident, even if you change the camber value.
Sorry for the poor quality of the .gif, but I have done everything in a hurry, I hope it gives an idea. In game the effect is convincing.
Also the suspension movemnt works like a charm!
Thank you all for the suggestions.

PS the movement of the body in game is really less noticeable, and comparable to other cars, also Kunos carw. It's only because the .gif is zoomed.

Sospensione.gif

Last edited:
Hello, I've been reading all the thread but I didn't understand how to export the animations from 3Ds Max using the DIR_ script. I animated correctly the suspensions in 3Ds Max but I can't find a way to make them work in game. I would really appreciate an answer from you guys.

I made the setup for one piece with the correct hierarchy and pivots orientations but it won't work in game. I also checked the car.ini file and it is set correctly for the DIR_ script. Any suggestions?

Animation in 3D max

Pivot 1

Pivot 2

carini

Edit: I figured that out. I was missing the empty object for the object. Now it works!! Thank you guys for your help :D

Last edited:
Hi guys,

I'm here again really for a dumb topic, I have done cars modding since a while, but now it seems I can't find the clue on a really "stupid" topic like having a visual fixed camber on the wheels.
I have a normal car (NO open wheeler), no suspension animation, nothing very fancy, simply and easy compared to the full constraints suspension I managed on my FFord some post above (where camber is visually updated in game realtime according to the value in setup)

But now I'm lost in an apparently really basic thing: I want only to have VISUAL fixed camber on wheels, like seen for example in many drift cars, but it seems I can't manage it despite I tried everything that come in my mind and compared also with cars that have.
Wheel is always perfectly vertical despite I defined orientation of wheel model, wheel dummy orientation etc. etc..

I think I'm really missing something basic... is there someone that could give em suggestions? Where I have to look at to achieve it?

I repeat, I want only a fixed visual camber on the wheel instead of being it perfectly vertical, nothing to do with the real value set in setup, only aesthetic.

Thank you!

NEVER MIND... it was a very dumb question. I now checked and I totaly missed that also for non animated suspension the visual camber reflects the value in setup and not the one in the model. I'm not sure now if it's also in vanilla AC (I use since years CSP), anyway I found the solution. Sorry, stupid me.....

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back