Support for wheelcheck

Hey Leon I hope you have saved a restore point before this install mess.
Because as a spectator it looks like you maybe are installing something that you dont really need.
Thanks for taking the time to read all this. Yes its a mess, however thankfully I did make a save which im reverting back too. I guess I have to live without FFB till I get another wheel!

Thanks for taking the time to read all this. Yes its a mess, however thankfully I did make a save which im reverting back too. I guess I have to live without FFB till I get another wheel!
OK. I can see that you have come to some of the same conclusion as me that its something in your wheel.
And after reading back your former posts I can see that the FFB doesnt work in other games too.
So if Im correct then it has nothing to do with software but probably some HW thing excluding the SW recognising the wheel corectly.
Be aware I dont have a FFB wheel so Im absolutely not an expert.

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: My wheel is a SRW-S1

OK. I can see that you have come to some of the same conclusion as me that its something in your wheel.
And after reading back your former posts I can see that the FFB doesnt work in other games too.
So if Im correct then it has nothing to do with software but probably some HW thing excluding the SW recognising the wheel corectly.
Be aware I dont have a FFB wheel so Im absolutely not an expert.

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: My wheel is a SRW-S1
Looks like I wont be having FFB either for a long time, however yes im lead to believe that theres some kind of problem, not sure if its hardware considering ive seen it work on playstation however it might just be..

not sure if its hardware considering ive seen it work on playstation however it might just be..
As I understand Playstation then the driver relation/linkage as a go-between HW and SW is completely different than the way a driver does work in Windows. So the difference in the FFB is (working/not working) could be an indication that the Playstation driver reach the HW while the Windows driver dont.
Sorry just guessing :)

As I understand Playstation then the driver relation/linkage as a go-between HW and SW is completely different than the way a driver does work in Windows. So the difference in the FFB is (working/not working) could be an indication that the Playstation driver reach the HW while the Windows driver dont.
Sorry just guessing :)
I will look into that, thank you!

the driver relation/linkage as a go-between HW and SW is completely different than the way a driver does work in Windows
Bingo. Windows has generic USB enumeration, based on querying the device
and also on whatever driver gets associated with device's USB vendor and product ID.
In other words, if some USB device does not return e.g. force feedback capability
exactly compatible with Windows' expectation,
along with a matching driver for that VID and PID,
then functions won't happen.
On the other hand, having licensed a relatively small number of devices,
Sony probably simply keys off little other than VID and PID.

On the other hand, having licensed a relatively small number of devices,
Sony probably simply keys off little other than VID and PID.
That makes sense - even for me.
And thanks for elaboration.
Just of curiosity then I dont understand why Sony/Playstation dont just adapt to the normal USB connection.
Because that would mean that most devices (wheels/pedals) became automagically supported.

agree in the word automagically
To me, that word applies more to e.g. Playstation and macOS,
where some things work effortlessly, others don't
but neither are well-documented.
There is tons of documentation about Windows,
where the challenge is more about sorting which has value.

Hello, I can't calibrate my steering wheel (logitec g29) I have absolutely no idea why.
Here's what it gets me.
my steering wheel does not turn as soon as I click on ''Spiring force''. I'm on windows 11 anyone have a solution?

Attachments

• Capture d’écran (4).png
    Capture d’écran (4).png
    388.6 KB · Views: 176
I just had this issue as well, wheel check wasn't running the test and so there was no csv being saved. I went to Control Panel<Hardware and Sound<Devices and Printers, and then right clicked on the G29, hit Game controller settings, and then properties. From here I tried to calibrate the wheel but saw that the calibrate button was greyed out, so I deleted the device from Devices and Printers and then unplugged and plugged the wheel in allowing me to calibrate and then also making Wheel Check work again. Hope this helps!

I just had this issue as well, wheel check wasn't running the test and so there was no csv being saved. I went to Control Panel<Hardware and Sound<Devices and Printers, and then right clicked on the G29, hit Game controller settings, and then properties. From here I tried to calibrate the wheel but saw that the calibrate button was greyed out, so I deleted the device from Devices and Printers and then unplugged and plugged the wheel in allowing me to calibrate and then also making Wheel Check work again. Hope this helps!
That worked for me too.
Thanks alot :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back