Stuttering issues

I just installed the latest drivers for my gpu(R7 250X a.k.a. 7770) and did a quick test of the game.
The game ran smooth as butter for 10 minutes, then all of a sudden it began to stutter randomly ?
What can cause/trigger this ?

This was a test day V12@Montreal. Ultra preset, 4x AF, VSync on with stable 60fps (even when stutters occur), supersampling and 4xAA in Catalyst.

Thanks

these are me exadt settings feel free to paste them in.

Record Replays="1" // whether to record replays or not
Save All Replay Sessions="0" // whether to save the replay from each session
Record To Memory="1" // record replays to memory rather than disk (may possibly reduce stuttering, but at your own risk because memory usage will be significant for long races)
Compress Replay="1" // whether to compress VCR file (uses less disk space but takes more time to write)
Replay Wraparound="0" // whether replays wraparound in the fridge
Auto Monitor Replay="0" // whether to automatically start a replay when returning to monitor
Record Hotlaps="0" // whether to record hotlaps or not (must have replay recording on)
Instant Replay Length="10"
Replay Fidelity="1"
Super Player Replay="1" // record player at higher frequency
Number Track Replays="0" // how many replays to store for each track (using default naming convention only!)

Last edited:
I was just watching a multiplayer replay and the fps hovers around 15-20 (ultra, 8xAF, 4xAA) and in resource monitor i see CPU0: 80+, CPU1: 20-35.

Is this normal ? Shouldn't the game suck all the juice it can get from all available CPU cores ?

You just add it at the end of the line in your shortcut:
beztytuudkuac.jpg

OR if you're using Steam version:

Properties -> General -> Set Launch Options -> simply add it
2hfpsl.jpg

Still struggling with this. :(
Turned off vsync to see what kind of fps do i actually get and i get 95-140 on Ultra preset on the 3 tracks i've tried now :
Interlagos, Johannesburg, Goiania

It is almost unplayable with vsync off , though. I get screen tearing, stuttering and twitching all over the place.
Now if i turn vsync on the game becomes playable and smooth for the majority of the lap, but still random occasional twitching/stuttering appears. This is what i would like to eliminate completely, but i don't know what else to try.
Like i said, the stuttering is present even on basic graphics preset. But it shouldn't be, right ?

It should be completely smooth, shouldn't it ? CPU is unloaded and no other apps are taking up the power. Also, as vsync off shows, i get 95+ frames average on ultra preset, which should be enough to lock it at solid 60fps. Or am i missing something ? :O_o:

In your *.plr file find this line. It is in [graphic option]

Max Framerate="0" // 0 to disable, for regular exe only, see multiplayer.ini for dedicated server framerate, new: use negative values for alternate timing

Make sure to use a negative number. I use "-120" and Vsync off.
Some people report no lag with vsync on if you combine it with Max Framerate="-monitor frame rate" -60 for a monitor with 60hz frame rate.
Play around with a figure that works for you.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 25 23.8%
  • More leagues

Votes: 22 21.0%
  • Prizes

Votes: 20 19.0%
  • Trophies

Votes: 10 9.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 6 5.7%