rF2 Studio 397 LMP2 & GTE @ Portimao - Fri 23Nov18

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Well it’s the same :)
I just got confused with UTC as I thought it was CET
It is indeed the same thing. There was a directive for staff at RD to quote race times in UTC, as it's more modern/correct and thee hope was that it would cause less confusion - especially when changing from summer time to winter time and vice versa. :)

Sorry for the contact on lap 9 there @eryx , bad judgement on my part to try and pass on the inside :( Hopefully before next time I'll have a little more opportunity to practice with the AI so I can try to learn a little better how to deal with traffic.

Congrats as always to the quick guys, in fact congrats to all who came through unscathed! Otherwise thanks as always for hosting Denis. That track was fun, albeit a real challenge! I think I'll class that race as a 'learning experience' :whistling:

Really annoyed with myself. Got stuck on a kerb because of my low ride height on the first lap. (I was taking it easy, so I wasn't as focused and made a dumb mistake). I was able to recover after a small detour.
With a couple of minutes to go, I got some oversteer on the downhill before T1, after passing a GTE and got stuck on the outside kerb. All 4 wheels in the air with 310+ km/h and no brakes.....

It is always telling how everybody else's race went when I find myself on the podium or within reach of it ;)

As always, apologies for some not so great attempts at lapping/overtaking.

Thanks for the race!

BTW, did anyone else have issues with framerate? My framerate (solid 60 as always) dropped to low 40's as soon as the track lights turned on, and basically stayed like that until the end of the race. Plenty of CPU and GPU power left (I was at around 60 % for both I believe). It wasn't exactly great to drive like that.

I was way off the pace. Decided to drive around for a while at the back, but had an off on L2 and ended up head on to a barrier. Then I got all flustered and just sat there, alternating between stalling the engine and spinning the tyres.
Oh well - note to self - do some practice next time. :D

It is always telling how everybody else's race went when I find myself on the podium or within reach of it ;)

As always, apologies for some not so great attempts at lapping/overtaking.

Thanks for the race!

BTW, did anyone else have issues with framerate? My framerate (solid 60 as always) dropped to low 40's as soon as the track lights turned on, and basically stayed like that until the end of the race. Plenty of CPU and GPU power left (I was at around 60 % for both I believe). It wasn't exactly great to drive like that.
Yep, I had similar framerate issues in VR towards the end. Recently it's been something of an ongoing battle trying to sort this out.

Yep, I had similar framerate issues in VR towards the end. Recently it's been something of an ongoing battle trying to sort this out.
Oh no, don't say that. I bought a new GPU and was thinking of asking you for some tips on getting my VR working well enough to race with. :(

Really annoyed with myself. Got stuck on a kerb because of my low ride height on the first lap. (I was taking it easy, so I wasn't as focused and made a dumb mistake). I was able to recover after a small detour.
With a couple of minutes to go, I got some oversteer on the downhill before T1, after passing a GTE and got stuck on the outside kerb. All 4 wheels in the air with 310+ km/h and no brakes.....

Was a good hunt though. It kept my focus up to the end, so thanks for that :D

Oh no, don't say that. I bought a new GPU and was thinking of asking you for some tips on getting my VR working well enough to race with. :(
Tell me about it. Biggest issue with this title for me is the lack of native Oculus support. I'd tried the alternate openvr dll which avoids you having to use Steam VR as well as the Oculus app, but this seemed to coincide with the occasional compete system freeze lasting a few seconds. Enough to wreck a race basically (for example:
). I can't say 100% that the two are linked, but it seemed to coincide.

Tonight I tried the usual dll instead which uses Steam VR, plus a few other tweaks I've made along the way, and this time no freezes. Instead I had some stuttering (everything - screen, sound, ffb etc) and generally lower framerate.

I'm going to re-download the alternate dll to try it with the rest of my current settings, and will see what happens. Either way I'll let you know how it goes...

I'm going to re-download the alternate dll to try it with the rest of my current settings, and will see what happens. Either way I'll let you know how it goes...
OK thanks, I'm gonna back up my SSD before I start messing around, but I'll take a look in the next few days. Has all this happened since the Oculus update which forces you to run Home?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.