rF2 Studio 397 GT3 @ Oulton Park - Sat 15 Sep18

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Man, I don't really like GT3 cars and only bought this pack on release to support the game but....the Bentley might have converted me. Great car.

As for the race, another self-inflicted disappointment. Hadn't sim-raced a RHD car is so long my brain was having trouble figuring it out (despite me only ever having driven RHD cars in real life, go figure) and I wasn't making use of all the road surface. Definitely time left on the table in qualy. Dumped myself out of 3rd by getting a wheel on the grass at the hairpin. Then ran out of talent at the penultimate corner and had Rik collect me, really sorry about that, no excuse other than not being good enough, although I imagine you rage quit rather than killed the car as I barely had a scratch.

After that, I was trying to hunt down Alex for 6th, but a couple of small mistakes plus weird graphical stuttering that lost me several seconds near the end meant I didn't catch him until the final lap. I'll get you next time, Schmurtz!

Looking forward to next week, Watkins should be better racing.

Well I finally finished my first rfactor 2 race without any technical difficulties or other shenanigans. :whistling: And I bloody well enjoyed it. But I guess I shouldn't have gone into a pits. Running 5th at the time came out the pits in about 15 position ended up 9th. Chasing @ionONE1 for the second half of the race and had to work extremely hard to keep up with him. Great stuff.
Well done to the podium finishes and well done all.:unsure:

Thank you @Stephan Gibb for hosting this excellent event.:thumbsup:
See you on the next ish one.:)

Awesome race!
2nd corner, cold tires (medium!!!) I woke in middle of grass :D Wheel were to left 5-8deg whole race...wasn't funny :whistling:
Anyway I had a good race, no boring :laugh:
But I think what @Calvyn White done behind the leader that was a bit unfair and disappointing. He used the blue flag for pass the cars in line...not nice in my view!
Thanks the race for everyone! See You next time!
Cheers!

Awesome race!
2nd corner, cold tires (medium!!!) I woke in middle of grass :D Wheel were to left 5-8deg whole race...wasn't funny :whistling:
Anyway I had a good race, no boring :laugh:
But I think what @Calvyn White done behind the leader that was a bit unfair and disappointing. He used the blue flag for pass the cars in line...not nice in my view!
Thanks the race for everyone! See You next time!
Cheers!
I'm not sure what you mean and I'm not sure if you've got the right person because far as I know I was nowhere near the leader of this race at anytime. But I will check my replay if I can figure that out and if a apology is warranted I will be sure to give it.
Maybe you would be so kind to offer up a little more information, when and where.
And as far as I know blue flags means, pedal to the metal or get out of the way. I would understand it a little more if the flag was yellow.

Last edited:
I'm not sure what you mean and I'm not sure if you've got the right person because far as I know I was nowhere near the leader of this race at anytime. But I will check my replay if I can figure that out and if a apology is warranted I will be sure to give it.
I've got "Blue flag" because leader came, You've been behind the leader and also passed me and few other cars in the same situation (used the blue flag) .
But really no problem, no need to apologize, maybe it's unusual only for me!
Just look forward and waiting for the next competition! :thumbsup:

It was nice to finish a race for a change :whistling:

Had a close call in the opening laps after @Steve Le Gallez spun in front of me going into Shell Oils Corner, no harm done though. I would've finished further down the order had people not crashed out; half a dozen laps into the race my laptimes increased by nearly a second, I suppose due to the tyre problem some people talked about after Suzuka last week.

Apologies to @avenger82 for the contact :redface: It was a stupid move from me, trying to get past in Cascades, as I was under no threat to lose a position. 100% my fault :poop:

Sorry to be a pain but can anybody point me in the right direction that explains how to view replays. Yeah I know I'm an idiot.:D but it'd be much appreciated to explain to the simpleton.:O_o:

Sorry to be a pain but can anybody point me in the right direction that explains how to view replays. Yeah I know I'm an idiot.:D but it'd be much appreciated to explain to the simpleton.:O_o:
Go to single player, then OPTIONS, then replay is on top towards the middle.
It's not you, having replay buried in the option is loosing so many people…:rolleyes:

Edit: ninja'd :ninja: You're the fastest on forum too Shawn...:D

A quiet and clean race for me, probably the cleanest I ever did. Avoided the grass or any trouble all race long. I tried to keep calm in the end, pushing but staying on the black stuff… I was happy to see the finish line of course @Valrys ! :D

Thanks for the race @Stephen Gibb That was a great combo!

Well I've had a quick look at the TV replay and all I'm getting is the TV camera view. Which I can tell you is not a good view for what I'm looking for, blue flags.
So in conclusion if I've taken advantage of a blue flag situation that I'm not aware of, that you can have my word. I apologise. Sorry.

I'll just say that should you ever consider streaming your races, don't. Because even if you do well for a change, you'll feel the obligation to at least occassionally say something to your viewers, and once you do, at least on a track like Oulton with 30 GT3 cars flying around at ridiculous speeds, there's a wall or two in your immediate future.

Was fun while it lasted, though. Thanks for the race :thumbsup:

Thank you very much Florian for sharing your setting and for that particular class to draw in Oulton, without your help I would not even finish the race. Well, after having Luka behind the last part, I give thanks that my heart keeps working, what pressure! Thanks to the ADM, it is a pleasure to be able to participate in your events. Let's go for another beer !!! :);)

@Valrys I did not "rage" quit, i just quit. I was in second but caugt the grass on the outside before the hairpin witch caused me to park the car in the same place you did. Afterwards i spun in the same place, witch put me behind you. And your spin was probably caused by me following way to close. I lost too much time, poisitions and my car was damaged because of earlier accidents and thats why i quit.

So was this single file or double file start, i understood single file during the warm up lap?!
Maybe i didn't hear it right, that was definitely not my try to **** up the start. I just acted on what i thought was right and lined up on the far left.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 25 23.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 22 20.6%
  • Prizes

Votes: 20 18.7%
  • Trophies

Votes: 10 9.3%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 6 5.6%