Strange VR audio issue (Samsung Odyssey)

I think I may have finally found what was causing the problem...

X99A Krait Rear USB Controllers.png

I had my HMD plugged into Intel port 18.
My USB3 hub (with 5 devices) plugged into Intel port 19.

I wondered if that might be too much for the Intel controller to handle and so moved the hub onto an ASMedia port.

So far, so good. No more loud hissing blowouts for over a week.

I'm not very knowledgeable with the USB bandwidth stuff so for those in the know, does my thinking and the change I have made make sense?

I think I may have finally found what was causing the problem...

View attachment 325784

I had my HMD plugged into Intel port 18.
My USB3 hub (with 5 devices) plugged into Intel port 19.

I wondered if that might be too much for the Intel controller to handle and so moved the hub onto an ASMedia port.

So far, so good. No more loud hissing blowouts for over a week.

I'm not very knowledgeable with the USB bandwidth stuff so for those in the know, does my thinking and the change I have made make sense?

Are you still having those audio issues? I've been having the exact same problem, but I've tried everything imaginable but it wont go away.

Are you still having those audio issues? I've been having the exact same problem, but I've tried everything imaginable but it wont go away.

Luckily I've had no issues since keeping the HMD plugged into it's own dedicated USB controller and making sure nothing else is using it.

I'm assuming you've been able to try that and it didn't help?

I had similar issues but much more common when I used extension cables for USB, would produce a loud hiss noise. I think it is very much a USB bandwidth issue and if the connection isn't stable you get that noise. It is good you worked it out with the Intel USB interface being the ones to use instead of Asmedia and VIA, it has been my experience that the Intel ones work better as well. I haven't yet managed to get a passive repeater cable so my next attempt will have to be active.

Mine works fine normally just not extended.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.