Stock Car Extreme v1.33 Released!

Renato Simioni

Reiza Studios

Videos using SweetFX - grab it with our settings here.

First a small note to let you all know we have some big news coming up shortly which should make june a very important month for GSCE - watch this space!

In the meantime we thought you might enjoy some cool new toys to play with for this last weekend of may :)

V1.33 Info below:

INSTALLATION (Non-Steam users):

Update to v1.33 by running GSC Sync.

If you are having any trouble updating via GSC Sync, you may download all the update packages from the links below:

v1.25
v1.252
v1.27
v1.30
v1.31
v1.33

NOTE: If you are manually updating from a v1.21 base install, you will need to install all the above packages in succession.

Main changelog for v1.33:

Content

Cars:
  • Added 250cc Superkart series (make sure to set steering rotation between 180º-220º for accurate steering ratio)
Track:
  • Added Kansai (2 layouts)
Features & fixes:
  • Improved AI paths for Interlagos (all layouts);
  • Fixed fuel estimates for Guaporé;
  • Updated curb sounds for Marcas;
  • Various minor physics & AI updates;
  • Minor optimization for Buenos Aires.

Please direct your bug reports to this thread.

For issues installing / running / setting up GSCE, please refer to our FAQ , and our GUIDES first before posting.

I'm guessing that rather than just using the ISI engine, you're now able to do what Sector3 (Simbin, Blimey) and I believe SMS ..

ISI continues to license isiMotor2 to other companies such as 2PEZ Games Development, Reiza Studios, Ignite Game Technologies, Blimey! Games, Slightly Mad Studios and The Sim Factory. Some of these companies went on to produce very successful software titles. ISI, meanwhile, used isiMotor2 in Superleague Formula: The Game and began to further develop the software engine.

isiMotor2 became the software engine used by most of the Formula One grid when various advancements and a further opened architecture led to rFactor Pro. This product, which continues to evolve, has become the leading software solution for racing teams and automotive manufacturers.”

http://imagespaceinc.com/software.php

==============================

“Developers such as SIMBIN , SMS, SRW, SimFactory use(d) a pre-patch-1150 ISIMotor2 engine. The platform, therefore, is basically the same. [Note that some devs radically altered the platform or simply ended up dropping it later on.]

ISI developed more advanced versions of the ISIMotor2 (still not 2.5 yet), and only ISI know which developers paid for those developments.

ISI charges a very much relevant amount of money for partial-code licenses, and even more for full code licenses – though there’s doubt if ISI still license the full code.

Regarding the engine AS IS, some modifications are possible:

- use the plugins system
- force code injection (by far the more complex and problem prone approach)
- modify the game “blocks” (libs) if the license allows for that.”

Frustrating how? They are meant to be accurate yes...
i was spinning out a lot from them in the formula extreme (some of them are sloped, which i think was the problem) however after posting that i had a better experience. i think at least some of it was my simply taking bad lines & abusing them, will try a slower car today. ive just had never had so much trouble & went to iR & the fw31 & it was indeed much easier, but as i said the actual fault could all be driver + car (although the curbs from the iR version are also so flat as to be incapable of spinning anything)

The gMotor engine (both 1 and 2) is not ISI property, .....

Actually ISIMotor2/gMotor2 is.

I would also confirm David's comments above concerning Simbin and others licensing the ISIMotor2 engine rather than "an old pre rFactor engine" suggested by Spinelli. Of course there are differences - rF has features not in Simbin titles and Simbin has features not in rF but they are essentially the same graphics engine and physics engine.

The gMotor engine (both 1 and 2) is not ISI property, they do not decide who gets it or not. So, whether they like it or not, they are not entitled to decide if Reiza can buy it.
Image Space Incorporated doesn't own the engine? That's the first I ever heard of that in 10 or so years of following ISI. I'm pretty sure that ISI are the creators and owners of the engine they use (call it gmotor, pmotor, gmotor 2, whatever). Please correct me if I'm wrong as I've never heard anything contrary to this in my 10 or so years of being introduced to ISI and their/it's products.

The base engine of Raceroom (AKA "R3E"), GTR, GTL, GTR 2, Race 07, GTR Evo, etc. is, from what I understand, a pre-RF1 ISI engine (e.g., the ISI engine from F1 Ch 99-02, or maybe very close to the later iteration of the engine used in Nascar SimRacing [2005]). Then, from that "base," Simbin, Blimey, etc. had/has the rights to develop/edit/change/customize-addon it themselves. In essence, basically using the ISI engine as the starting point to for "their own" engine.

The engine of Stock Car Extreme, Formula Truck, ARCA Simracing, Superleague Formula and maybe others (Turismo Carretera?) are much more modern versions of the ISI engine. Based on the RF1 engine. Then, from there, there may even be some more differences/updates that ISI implemented in their game-engine. For eg. there are some updates in the Stock Car Extreme and Superleague Formula ISI engine relative to RF1. It's by-and-large a slightly updated RF1 engine. However, unlike Simbin, Blimey, etc. Rieza (well at-least until recently) weren't allowed to actually make changes to the core ISI engine in order to use it as a base of "their own" engine.

Multiview was introduced into an rFactor 1 patch in late 2006 or early 2007. The fact that Project Cars, Raceroom, GTR Evo, Race 07, GTR 2, GTL, GTR 1, etc. aren't yet, and have never been, capable of this from their engine, tells me that the version of the ISI engine that those games use is a pre-RF1 engine.

Last edited:
Strangest issues that only surface in SCE.
First: Triple screen doesn't work with the Superkart.
Second: I come out of a session and try to go to a new one, SCE completely loses all my controllers (T500rs and pedals, TH8rs, G27 shifter).
I can't get them to work unless I close the game, go to drivers and just press some button, then restart the game.

Hello Reiza

Not a bug report, more of a question. It seems to me no matter how hard I crash out in the FVee I never damage the car. That can't be right. I have confirmed that I am setup for 100 % damage with invulnerability off... but I have yet to see it.

This car by the way is very appreciated. It reminds me of my GPL days of long past. If you have not had the pleasure of a 4 wheel drift while powering thru a long bend in this car then now is the time. It is not easy to pilot on the limit for sure but the reward is great. You can find a lot of time on the brakes when you get it figure out.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • More leagues

Votes: 25 20.8%
  • Prizes

Votes: 22 18.3%
  • Trophies

Votes: 13 10.8%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 6 5.0%