- Jan 6, 2010
GSC Extreme v1.25 is out - now also on Steam!
Steam Release Info
If you already own it you may now switch your Serial Number for a Steam key from the official GSC Extreme website:
This is valid for purchases made from release until February 9th 2015. New non-Steam purchases will NO LONGER warrant Steam keys.
Existing NonSteam installs will continue to work even if you do switch your Serial Number for a Steam key, but you will not be able to use the Serial Number again for an install in a fresh system.
Moving to Steam is recommended, but not required. Just like in this release, the plan is to continue updating both versions simultaneously. If you do prefer to keep multiple installs of the game for mods, be advised that for now is not possible with Steam.
INSTALLATION (Non-Steam users):
Update to v1.25 by running GSC Sync.
If you are having any trouble updating via GSC Sync, you may download v1.21 to v1.25 update package from this link, and then add the v1.251 & v1.252 update package from this link to bring your game up to date.
Main changelog for v1.25:
- Added Metalmoro MR18 Prototype series
- Added GX390 rental karts to KARTS series
- Added Johannesburg Historic
- Added Ortona kart track (4 layouts)
- Updated Goiânia to post-2014 reform
- Extensive audio revision from new onboard & trackside recordings bring updated sounds to all cars;
- Tyre physics updates for all cars further improving lateral / longitudinal force combining;
- LOD optimization to F-Vee, F-V12 & F-Retro in attempt to minimize stuttering, plus other LOD adjustments for all cars for consistency;
- Adjusted terrain properties (road, curbs, grass & gravel);
- The hard compound for the F-Extreme & F-Reiza now has its proper orange Pirelli sidewall label;
- Corrected bug with corrupted textures in the F-Vee cockpit when running graphics detail lower than max;
- Corrected bug with Spielberg & Buenos Aires corrupted textures when running graphics detail lower than max;
- Fixed garage placements at Spielberg Historic;
- Removed exit sausage curbs at Londrina & Cascavel as per their 2014 updates;
- Texture updates for Santa Cruz do Sul;
- Advertising adjustments in various tracks..
Several code-related issues reported from v1.21 are still present in this build, as the code is going through a rewrite which has not been completed in time for v1.25. For that reason v1.25 has the following known issues:
- Bug in the scoring in championship mode for all series;
- F-Extreme can occasionally disappear when hitting 8th gear in multiplayer;
- F-Extreme & F-Reiza tyre restrictions are not applying in pitstops.
Among other minor issues which are known and will be addressed in the coming weeks, along with the adittion of other features previously expected for v1.25.
Update v1.251 added, changelog:
- Fixed pit entry / exit at Johannesburg Historic where the AI could have some difficulties;
- Adjusted idle speed & low range torque on the Metalmoro MR18 engine so it doesn´t stall as easily;
- Minor tyre update to Metalmoro MR18;
- Updated crowd, starting lights sound effects.
Update v1.252 added, changelog:
- Further optimization for F-Vee, F-V12, F-Retro (hopefully addressing stuttering issues);
- Optimization to offline dust effects;
- Increased resistance of gravel traps;
- Tuned F-Extreme rear wing aero performance;
- Minor Metalmoro MR18 physics adjustments;
- Fixed Metalmoro MR18 parc ferme rules being mistakenly enabled;
- Corrected kart rental crash with vehicle detail under high setting.
Please direct your bug reports on v1.25 to this thread.
If you already own and enjoy GSC Extreme, help us share the word by posting your review on Steam!
For issues installing / running / setting up GSCE, please refer to our FAQ first before posting.