Stock Car Extreme Mods (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ML2166

If quizzes are quizzical then what are tests?
Premium
Hey guys

Okay here are the skins created by me over the last few weeks.

38 in total, 19 Chevrolet and 19 Peugeot.

All completely fictional of course, but I hope you enjoy them.

I have given all the cars different numbers and names from the originals in game, so you should be able to run them alongside the original skins.

Pretty new to the modding aspect on the rfactor platform, and this is my first attempt.

Haven't found a way to have the game read a new RFM file hence the reason for the new numbers and names.

Hope you enjoy them........happy racing fellas!

;)

selectionpug.jpg

selectionchevvy.jpg

Chevrolet Part 1

Chevrolet Part 2

Peugeot's

Ok, I have installed this mod twice now. the first time was a week or so ago, and then the latest version... and this is what I got.

the 1st install had no selection/category screen ala superV8, and other mods... then I was randomly looking in the mini and well there it was in with minis (and still is) :(

the 2nd time I installed I placed the loose .rfm and category pic into the RFM folder hoping that now it would have its own category and be all sweet... but no. if I go into the category for this mod it has the Porsche Flat Six cars to select from???? :rolleyes:

and this is where my install is at for this mod... in a mess LOL :(

any chance it can be repackaged and released so it has its own category load screen, and doesn't have porsches in there and does not show up in the minis PLEASE :whistling::D:geek:

I usually do my best to avoid washing dirty laundry in public. It invariably reflects badly on all involved, and if ever required it´s seldom going to be when dealing with people worth being dealt with reasonably, only attracting further mudslinging.

However since we seem to have become implicated in this, and since we did have some tangential involvement with this project (thus playing a part in possibly lending it unwarranted credibility), I feel we should explain a few things.

Late last year OZV8 folks approached us with the idea of producing an Australian V8 mod for GSCE and asking if we had plans to do one or could help them put such project together as a mod. They were told to no uncertain terms we could not get involved in the production of a mod, but if they had a 3D model they wanted to share with us, we could use it to produce a car in GSCE with our sounds and physics to kickstart things, which they could then use as a base for their own project.

It was again made explicitly clear however that for various reasons we could not / would not get involved at all in its production beyond this one generic car, specially if it were to use real brands, and specially if they had plans to crowdfund for it as they suggested they would. This is well documented and our non-involvement beyond supplying them with sounds and physics was made publicly clear in this very thread when their methods already began to appear questionable.

They did supply us with a 3D model earlier on, which was the base for what is now the SuperV8. Once question marks were raised about its precedence however, we completely reformed the model to the point its final published form bares little actual resemblance with the original model besides the base shape. In any case, if someone feels their work has been misused, or if OZV8 can demonstrate they did pay for the full rights to the original model, please feel free to contact me so we can try work something out for your trouble.

Later on, as they began having trouble to complete the project, OZV8 came to us for help - which again, we never were in position to offer. All our vehicle art production is outsourced to independent contractors, and these people naturally expect to be paid for their work. There aren´t (or weren´t at the time anyway) people on Reiza clock we could assign to help develop free mods for third parties, even if that made any sense to begin with :)

We did offer them contacts to these developers so they could try work something out to finish their project. Unfortunately from what I understand the 3D models they had supposedly acquired were not up to a workable standard and would have to be redone almost from scratch, which obviously they were not budgeted for.

At this point, faced with the choice of either taking responsibility for misjudging their venture and having a honest discussion with their backers to decide the best way to rectify the situation, or running for the hills while deflecting blame to the people who actually tried to help them put it together, they unfortunately seem to have chosen the latter route.

From our side and the communication I did carry with these guys, I cannot say OZV8 appeared to be lacking in good faith when they first proposed the mod - credit where it´s due, if not for their initiative we probably wouldn't have pushed on to create the SuperV8 in GSCE. But they clearly underestimated what is involved in creating such a project, and now are not doing a very good job of handling themselves in the aftermath.

So if OZV8 want to reply to this and set the record straight with your supporters in a mature manner free to PM me, and I´ll allow you to include it in this thread so you can direct them to your own private place where you guys can talk it over. If however you prefer to continue to deflect blame for starting a crowdfunding project before you had a full grasp on what you were doing, well there are clearly other places where you can get on a soapbox about it.

Last edited:
I stumbled on this mod today and Im surprised noones talking about it. I know theres is some drama going on because EEC cancelled their project due to 4chan modifying their mod. But its actually very decent. But all of the cars are white since its technically a league mod and its up to the members to create the skins. I would love a link to some skins if anyone has. I wont link the mod but its an easy google search away. But I cant seem to find any skins
Mod was not canceled because people "modified" the mod. Please stop spreading wrong info.
The mod is posted in EEC forum, unfinished, if anyone want to have it. It was using physics for online racing (and they need setup work to run well ;) something the guys from OVG didn't understand it seems, but not surprised heh).
Also the more people spread it from the wrong side the less the chances of seeing the finished thing (that is more than 2gb) being released. ;)

Reactions: hex
There is literally skins everywhere for it....The skins for the gtr2 mod port right over

View attachment 107211

Yeap.
Mod-Edit: External links like yours are not allowed. Read our Terms of Service

On a side note, I can tell you guys that, its not hard to convert skins, its just time consuming. I looked at it like a DIY base mod. Read the genstring.txt because this mod has really good attention to detail and check the .veh file for some guidance and of you go.
I'm going to hammer the same nail but, PATR10T has put together an amazing mod. SO MUCH DETAIL!

Last edited by a moderator:
im here, yes :D but the version there is just a bad "update" from one of our beta builds... i recommend not to download or share a link to it if you want to see the final and real eec release someday ;)

If this can help to have it sooner I will wait until release killing time...and random people...:devilish:
Btw, saw the screens keep up the good work mate!!!

This maybe a bit offensive

but this thread should probably be closed
because you are giving 4chan credit for a mod which has been 100% stolen without any premissions

this is not personal but i am just saying

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play