Stock Car Extreme Mods (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ML2166

If quizzes are quizzical then what are tests?
Premium
Hey guys

Okay here are the skins created by me over the last few weeks.

38 in total, 19 Chevrolet and 19 Peugeot.

All completely fictional of course, but I hope you enjoy them.

I have given all the cars different numbers and names from the originals in game, so you should be able to run them alongside the original skins.

Pretty new to the modding aspect on the rfactor platform, and this is my first attempt.

Haven't found a way to have the game read a new RFM file hence the reason for the new numbers and names.

Hope you enjoy them........happy racing fellas!

;)

selectionpug.jpg

selectionchevvy.jpg

Chevrolet Part 1

Chevrolet Part 2

Peugeot's

Patrick
sorry to note this, but there seems to be a nasty bump as you drive over the line onto the chicane section of the track. I don't recall it being there in the previous version. I will test further to be sure. Is anyone else feeling this?

OK the bad news is, I went back to the previous version (2.1) and the bump is gone.
It seems to be caused by the white line or the chicane track section itself. I hope there is a solution, but at least the non-chicane version is ok.

(I deleted the hat file thanks Gringo, but no change)

http://www.filefactory.com/file/3at54yc05bjt/JerezC_Roadlines fix.zip
Edit: No need for this link since the planned update

Give these a try. You can place the mod mesh in two optional locations

If you want to make this change to both layouts put the files in "\Jerez de la Frontera\"... if you only want to affect the chicane layout then put the files in "\Jerez de la Frontera\JerezC\"

Remember to delete your HAT file.

The issue is the material name (ROADLINES) and the fact that road lines are polys on this track. If the material name was LINEROAD then no problem.

:roflmao::ninja:

Last edited:
Yes, Keith, I mention it in my reply. It seems Patrick has overlooked it, though, so thanks for reminding him again. :)

Sorry Jan, I did not realise you had mentioned the same bump. It is definitely an error in the files, not an intended bump.
As for formula 1 use, I can't remember for sure, but I did think that F1 used the chicane at some time, maybe in the 70s.

EDIT - no I am wrong - the chicane was added in the 90s after F1 had stopped using it. Martin Donnelly had his massive crash on that bend in '90, the last time it was used by F1, and before the chicane was built. I remember the crash but I had forgotten where it happened. (I bet Martin has not forgotten).

Last edited:

Give these a try. You can place the mod mesh in two optional locations

If you want to make this change to both layouts put the files in "\Jerez de la Frontera\"... if you only want to affect the chicane layout then put the files in "\Jerez de la Frontera\JerezC\"

Remember to delete your HAT file.

The issue is the material name (ROADLINES) and the fact that road lines are polys on this track. If the material name was LINEROAD then no problem.

:roflmao::ninja:
That Will be quicker yes. good idea. Greg, can you pack me a version with all corrections please?

I'm also in favour of the lines, as they also cover the join in the track surface. BTW there are also some bumps in the road on the exit of the chicane - are they original/ supposed to be there, or are they part of the problem?

Sorry Jan, I did not realise you had mentioned the same bump. It is definitely an error in the files, not an intended bump.
As for formula 1 use, I can't remember for sure, but I did think that F1 used the chicane at some time, maybe in the 70s.

EDIT - no I am wrong - the chicane was added in the 90s after F1 had stopped using it. Martin Donnelly had his massive crash on that bend in '90, the last time it was used by F1, and before the chicane was built. I remember the crash but I had forgotten where it happened. (I bet Martin has not forgotten).
You're still wrong. The chicane was built in 1994 and was used in that year's GP. It was also used in 1997 in that famous GP where Schumacher tried to bump his championship rival Villeneuve out of the track.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes