Stock Car Extreme Mods (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ML2166

If quizzes are quizzical then what are tests?
Premium
Hey guys

Okay here are the skins created by me over the last few weeks.

38 in total, 19 Chevrolet and 19 Peugeot.

All completely fictional of course, but I hope you enjoy them.

I have given all the cars different numbers and names from the originals in game, so you should be able to run them alongside the original skins.

Pretty new to the modding aspect on the rfactor platform, and this is my first attempt.

Haven't found a way to have the game read a new RFM file hence the reason for the new numbers and names.

Hope you enjoy them........happy racing fellas!

;)

selectionpug.jpg

selectionchevvy.jpg

Chevrolet Part 1

Chevrolet Part 2

Peugeot's

Because I have time on my hands I am going through the process of testing tracks on GSCE so that I can have a good line-up of well made tracks at the level of GSCE original tracks. So I will give add-on tracks score out of 10 - using the original GSCE tracks as the benchmark - in terms of graphics, physics, drivability, look and feel.
This version of Le Mans is not good. The graphics are bad, very jagged and some areas the grass is white! Having walked Le Mans track several times I can also say that the elevations are wrong,anangles of some corners are way out. Not reccomended.
PV Rating: 3/10

Last edited:
I got to know virtual Sebring in iRacing quite well and this add-on version for GSCE is imo better - it is superb. It looks good, feels good and is challenging to drive. Also is the kind of track where you know exactly where you are making good time or alternatively losing out on time - as a result one can get very immersed into the whole thing because it really makes you think and be precise to pump out good laps. AI are pretty decent too.
This is as good and even better than some of the GSCE original tracks.
Only one small thing which prevents full marks: on the first lap the dark 'rubber' racing line flashes on and off as you drive towards it, but by the second lap all goes back to normal.
Neverthelss highly reccommended
PV Rating: 9/10

I thought he was employed, since he started coming out with so much content all of a sudden and so frequently. Apparently this was never the case and the guy just loves to mod/contribute and help enrich his favourite sim. His work is definitely worthy of some type of payment/ gift / special status. I see he is a beta tester, so that may be the thanks from Reiza... :)

Anyway, none of my business. We're lucky to have such a skilled and productive modder around. You are the man, Patrick. ;)

I thought he was employed, since he started coming out with so much content all of a sudden and so frequently. Apparently this was never the case and the guy just loves to mod/contribute and help enrich his favourite sim. His work is definitely worthy of some type of payment/ gift / special status. I see he is a beta tester, so that may be the thanks from Reiza... :)

Anyway, none of my business. We're lucky to have such a skilled and productive modder around. You are the man, Patrick. ;)
Not employed, you are right. For me GSC is THE step in my 20 years old sim personal history. I thought having more tracks would be a solution to gather poeple around this brasil-centered sim and help Reiza. Dont know If I succeded but I hope :) . I am far from Alex's skills but he learnt me a lot a things (and i bothered him so often with my questions :roflmao:). I dont forget original modders. Without them, I think It would take 6 months for one track, starting from zero.
And to precise things, my first help to Reiza was the full french translation of the game, and then I asked to be beta tester. After that, I was not satisfied at all to see only straight conversions from rf1. Not interesting at all. Adding shaders, then bumps, then grass, etc. It was a long way... Perhaps not finished ;-)
But I think I will takes 2 or 3 weeks of holidays. All this work killed me.

Great job, Reuti. When do you expect your cars to be ready for ingame use ? Have you experimented with the physics yet ?

well, I hope to finish it in a month ... maybe 2 ....
March & McLaren are almost ready. Hesketh is also close, but I have to model some things yet ...

The cars, will be retro cars addons, so that the physics, will be the same as the current models.

I also want to make some changes in the current retro, (airboxs, noses, real helmets....)

well, I hope to finish it in a month ... maybe 2 ....
March & McLaren are almost ready. Hesketh is also close, but I have to model some things yet ...

The cars, will be retro cars addons, so that the physics, will be the same as the current models.

I also want to make some changes in the current retro, (airboxs, noses, real helmets....)
Well it looks great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play