Stock Car Extreme Mods (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ML2166

If quizzes are quizzical then what are tests?
Premium
Hey guys

Okay here are the skins created by me over the last few weeks.

38 in total, 19 Chevrolet and 19 Peugeot.

All completely fictional of course, but I hope you enjoy them.

I have given all the cars different numbers and names from the originals in game, so you should be able to run them alongside the original skins.

Pretty new to the modding aspect on the rfactor platform, and this is my first attempt.

Haven't found a way to have the game read a new RFM file hence the reason for the new numbers and names.

Hope you enjoy them........happy racing fellas!

;)

selectionpug.jpg

selectionchevvy.jpg

Chevrolet Part 1

Chevrolet Part 2

Peugeot's

It depends on the track. But tweaking the tdf. file and with a little of time doing tests, you can get the same feeling that Reiza tracks. I have participated in a league with Reiza & converted tracks and no one notice any difference. But you need tweaking the tracks one by one.

The grip of the cars partly comes from the track

It depends on the track. But tweaking the tdf. file and with a little of time doing tests,

So, Bram was right indeed :). It depends on the track a lot, as the grip levels are indeed defined mostly there.
However, that doesnt mean that "only" Reiza can do it. If you know how to, its certainly doable yourself.
Statement from Bram still stands, which is that MOST tracks lack grip levels.

Hence my original remark, I have to test this one first. Havent been online (on my gaming pc) since the weekend, so havent gotten to it yet. Got some free days coming up, so will do so in the coming. If indeed grip levels are ok, we can surely consider them.

For some some reason no matter how many times i try i cant download this file, tried at my home, work, 3g, every time i get to about 20meg then it stops........:(
Ive manged to download the SpotterPlugin V2.17 from another site though and my question is, is there anything different that i should change in the files, ini etc thats in this version ?

So i tried it but when i launch the game, i get a black screen. In my task manger it sais GSC 1.7 not responding ?. After uninstalled the plugin, everything works ok.
Maby this does not work for GSC2012 1.2 or am i doing something wrong ?

Is it maby i only have Microsoft.Net Framework 4 installed and not 3.5 ?

Sound like it's for the original GSC, not GSC 2012.

Net Framework should be backwards compatible in most case I think. I know that I haven't had to install any old versions under Windows 8.

I am afraid I know nothing about this file, and what it does. I just happened to come across your post when I was looking for something to add to GSC 2012 myself. :)

Perhaps someone else who hangs around here more often than me will know ........ with luck.

....... retreats back to his F1 2012 corner of the website :cautious:

I feel huge difference between Jacarepagua 2005 and Interlagos and those are original tracks from Reiza.
Now up first I have to say that i have neither driven Interlagos or Jacarepaqua for real, so I cant judge from experience, but I can imagine the grip not being the same in real life as well :).

I am not saying there is no difference in between tracks, and neither am I saying that there are no custom tracks around that are good, but the fact is that the grip tweak Reiza did, is what makes this game so good. Without it, it's actually rfactor1, with a different look. As rfactor for sure has had its glory, and its amazing mods, it's not the same as GSC or FTruck. One off the main differences is that grip thing.

In the case of the FReiza, almost the only car I have been racing on the last times, a good setup is even more important than the track in therms of feeling the car.
The whole feeling of a car is determined by all factors, not a single one. So a setup, good track with good traction, and a good steering wheel all contribute to that.

I wasn't comparing user tracks as I don't have much experience with them. But those two feel strangely different to me. I was driving Interlagos in F3 and noticed that I wasn't feeling grip loss the way I wanted. Started to tweak FFB, but when I fired up Jaca05 and suddenly it got some NetKarish feel. I liked that. I even ran those tracks with the same setup for comparison.

Hmmm Looks like the HD Mini DL don't work anymore and it also looks like we are never gonna see these V8 skins... Thx for the tease :mad:

Man dead links to mods and tracks just really pisses me off... I mean, is it so hard to upload files to a secure DATABASE where the file will not be deleted after 3 months? or perhaps even give them to some one who can keep them ONLINE, SAFE, and AVAILABLE at a DATABASE run by sim racers for sim racers?.

Hmmm Looks like the HD Mini DL don't work anymore and it also looks like we are never gonna see these V8 skins... Thx for the tease :mad:

Man dead links to mods and tracks just really pisses me off... I mean, is it so hard to upload files to a secure DATABASE where the file will not be deleted after 3 months? or perhaps even give them to some one who can keep them ONLINE, SAFE, and AVAILABLE at a DATABASE run by sim racers for sim racers?.
Hi Phill, sent you a PM.
Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering