Still targeting Q1 release?

I don't recall seeing anyone else asking this, but apologies if someone has. For a lot of us, the tech preview was a means to prove that A) the game's physics lived up to expectations, and B) our PCs could actually run it. Now both of these points are answered in the affirmative, I'm wondering if v1.0 is still scheduled for Q1? I would think that at this point we would have heard of any delays, but as the TP is only just out then I thought it worth asking. I wanna get my hands on the GTs! :-D

There's still a lot of optimizations that need to be done, and doing that might involve some trial and error work. IMO it looks like the update to the TP that's been announced might not be the last one. If all goes well, I'd say Q1 is still a possibility, but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

I am not optimistic about it coming out in Q1 2013. They seem to be waiting on steam greenlight, and I saw a post from Kunos about how he was hoping that they get accepted to steam and that steam would handle the DRM and update deployment.

Worst case scenario where they do not get into steam, they would have to develop those 2 features and they probably haven't begun that since they SHOULD be accepted to steam.

End of Q1 is end of March I believe, and you would think that a firm release date would be announced more than a month in advance. Gonna be at least until April or May, if not later, I would guess.

Yeah looking at their original timeline it was late September/October for the Tech Preview, and December for 1.0. Which would now mean late February for Tech Preview and May for 1.0. Even that is optimistic now.

Don't get me wrong, I'm also sceptical Q1 can be met, but would've perhaps have expected to have heard of about any postponement at this stage. It's not the end of the world by any means; I think Kunos have earned a bit of breathing space if they require it in fact.

wouldt be nice if they release every 2 weeks or so a new TP for us to test improving features step by step ?... next one could be AI's, then MP, and so on until they know everything is working fine for V1.0 ... that will make the waitting much less painfull:)

They said spring 2013 as seen in this video from kunos himself.

Skip to 22:19

- Feb 2013: "Tech Preview"
- Spring 2013: Release v1.0
- -2018: free updates and DLCs

Spring in Italy would be March, April and May. I am going to take a guess and say it will be released in June

Could be wrong but pretty sure I've read kunos mention the demo will be released the same time or shortly after version one point zero, need confirmation on that though.

Get the game out first, and the demo (a cut down version of the full game) to follow, I think more people will bite once they see community reviews and youtube footage of the final version with all of the current features, the remaining people can play the demo if they're still unsure. We get the game quicker this way? :roflmao: Let the uncertain people wait lol

The idea of updating the TP as they go is nice, this was a cool feature of NKP, you always knew it was the latest build.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.