Still no rain drops and wet track effect with CSP 1.69

I just installed CSP 1.69 but still cannot see any rain drops both interior and exterior.

As see in the attached pics, in the weather app, I selected heavy rain, no matter in manual mode or auto mode, there is no digits appear in the digit cell. I pressed "+", then it appears numbers but disappear instantly.

Thank you so much for your help in advance!

BR

Attachments

• No rain drops_1.jpg
    No rain drops_1.jpg
    923.5 KB · Views: 907
  • No rain drops_2.jpg
    No rain drops_2.jpg
    923.5 KB · Views: 776
And have you noticed a big performance drop? The game was running fine 90% of the time, but since I upgraded CSP and Sol my fps drop from 80 to 40 (using Oculus Rift S) I would say that 50% of the time. I have spent all day reducing detail and switching off several options. This is depressing.

Huge fps drop here as well (about half fps) when I switch to CSP 0.1.69, on a single screen, no VR. When I switch back to CSP 0.1.68 performance is much better.
So my guess it has nothing to do with SOL but is clearly CSP related.

It would be great if they focused on improving performance and fixing issues rather than adding more and more options that nobody understands and knows what they are for and just make everything too confusing, complicated and create more problems.

Thing is, you don't need to constantly update. Ive gone back to CSP 0.1.60 and Sol 1.57 from 0.1.68 and 2.01 respectively, the latter worked fine but was costing me on average a 2ms frametime penalty in VR. This on occasion would take me over the threshold for 90fps. My game still looks fantastic of course and runs much better. When new releases come out I'll try those, at no cost. Can't complain with that.

Last edited:
Sounds like a Sol issue, I'd try uninstalling Sol by using the uninstall batch file and then reinstalling it and resetting sol settings. Oh and certain versions of Sol require certain versions of CSP. Like I'm pretty sure Sol 2.0 onward needs CSP 0.1.66 or later.

Last edited:
It would be great if they focused on improving performance and fixing issues rather than adding more and more options that nobody understands and knows what they are for and just make everything too confusing, complicated and create more problems.
You can always use vanilla AC...

It’s only confusing and complicated because no one cares to read any instructions... no one cares to venture into the settings page, or even a simple search in the forums or the discord channel is expecting too much.

And have you noticed a big performance drop? The game was running fine 90% of the time, but since I upgraded CSP and Sol my fps drop from 80 to 40 (using Oculus Rift S) I would say that 50% of the time. I have spent all day reducing detail and switching off several options. This is depressing.

Have you selected SOL to Medium or High using the in game app setting? Ultra is quite heavy on the FPS.

I have no rain drops too.
I gave it up.

Very annoying to f ck up my time with CSP. I'm getting hate AC because of this

There was Rain drops for free for anyone for a while...
Then i became a patron of Ilja, then there was Rain drops and Puddles on tracks.

Now there's no rain drops, no puddles, nothing ...

I have no rain drops too.
I gave it up.

Very annoying to f ck up my time with CSP. I'm getting hate AC because of this

There was Rain drops for free for anyone for a while...
Then i became a patron of Ilja, then there was Rain drops and Puddles on tracks.

Now there's no rain drops, no puddles, nothing ...
There is actual rain, soaking surfaces, puddles, drying line, and of course, rain physics...

You can turn it on by togging the rain debug option in the weather fx app, or through SOL 2.1 beta

You can always use vanilla AC...

It’s only confusing and complicated because no one cares to read any instructions... no one cares to venture into the settings page, or even a simple search in the forums or the discord channel is expecting too much.
I've been trying to read some "instructions" for the past 3 days, give or take about 3-4 hours each day. Perhaps I'm just stupid. But for such a person, I would really appreciate some concrete instructions on how to get some raindrops on my windshield.

I've been trying to read some "instructions" for the past 3 days, give or take about 3-4 hours each day. Perhaps I'm just stupid. But for such a person, I would really appreciate some concrete instructions on how to get some raindrops on my windshield.
You can no longer get just the raindrops... That was something from the much older CSP and SOL versions... Now you get actual rain. So you need to pay for access to x4fab's patreon, then download a "preview" version from there.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.