RaceDepartment eSports (LIVE)

Steering Wheel Feel

Discussion in 'RaceRoom Racing Experience' started by burak.bilgin92, Jun 4, 2015.

1. burak.bilgin92

burak.bilgin92

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all, i have a question that i couldn't solve
    First of all i have a g27. And the problem is when the car is stationary, wheel is too loose, i cant feel any force like there is no ffb or the wheel is not even plugged in. i want to feel some force like a real car wheel, and i can feel it in assetto corsa but not in this game. i tried different ffb settings but no luck.
    Any help&idea is greatly appreciated. Thanks :)

2. Rikki88

Rikki88

Ratings:
    +6

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2015
  3. James Cook

James Cook
    Marcas fan

Ratings:
    +399
    What about the friction setting?

4. burak.bilgin92

burak.bilgin92

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes exactly, there is no resistance. Just like when the power of the wheel is off.
    @ James Cook : i tried friction setting but noticed no diffirence.

5. Rikki88

Rikki88

Ratings:
    +6

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2015
  6. Frank

Frank
    Administrator Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +943
    What he means is that the wheel should be heavy when standing still, due to the friction of the rubber. I am actually not sure if this is achievable, maybe @Kjell Eilertsen can shed some light?

7. Kjell Eilertsen

Kjell Eilertsen

Ratings:
    +1,260
    Honestly haven't thought much about it, if you're standing still on a race track after the race has started you're doing it wrong :p
    I'll have to test later today tbh, but my guess would be adding vertical load and/or dampening to get a heavier wheel .

8. Bez

Bez
    All the gear, no idea...

Ratings:
    +168
    Not only do the tyres have no weight while stationary they also move left and right on their own, its been like this since I first played the game on my t500 and to a certain extent theyre still the same on my new wheel, must be something to do with the way the engine handles low speed ffb

• Agree Agree x 1