Resource icon

Misc Steering Wheel Alcantara Colour 1.01

Login or Register an account to download this content
Bourne23a submitted a new resource:

Steering Wheel Alcantara Colour - Steering Wheel

Now you can change the colour of the alcantara grip on the F1 22 Fom Steering Wheel. (**Not yet tried but theoretically this can be changed on team wheels too**).

I have only done a blue one at present although I'm open to requests.

C+P files can come later although at the minute you just need to replace the fom_car_steering_wheel_d.tif file with the mod.

Long term I'm trying to edit the decals file to include a decal on the top of the wheel, like McLaren with Logitech, Red Bull etc.

Read more about this resource...

Bourne23a updated Steering Wheel Alcantara Colour with a new update entry:

Steering Wheel Alcantara Colour

Now you can change the colour of the alcantara grip on the F1 22 Fom Steering Wheel. (**Not yet tried but theoretically this can be changed on team wheels too**).

I have only done a blue one at present although I'm open to requests.

C+P files can come later although at the minute you just need to replace the fom_car_steering_wheel_d.tif file with the mod.

Long term I'm trying to edit the decals file to include a decal on the top of the wheel, like McLaren with Logitech, Red Bull etc...

Read the rest of this update entry...

There’s a download link on the page, or select the updates and you’ll be able to download from there. You will need EGO ERP Archiver. Open F1 22/ assets group/ f1 22 vehicle package/ teams/ common_fom file, then you will need to import the mod over the fom_steering_wheel.d file then save and close.
If you don’t have experience with EGO then there’s better tutorials on YouTube for how to use it.

Last edited:
I’m trying to work that out still. I haven’t found there to be any area of the steering wheel file that relates to that texture and I believe I need to edit the decals file to do this, however I can’t get it to keep the transparency layer. I’ve accidentally been able to turn the whole steering wheel different colours though

Have you every done any Halo Stickers? I am wanting to add one on an F1 Team REDBULL. I just do not know where to add it?

Have you every done any Halo Stickers? I am wanting to add one on an F1 Team REDBULL. I just do not know where to add it?
No I haven't. If you use EGO ERP archiver then you would need to look for the halo sticker D.tif file you want to replace it with, you will most likely need to do that in Asset packages and fom. If you watch a video on youtube on how to make your own livery and import it, you can apply the same method to anything you want to change.

I hope this helps in some way cause I dont currently have access to my computer to give a proper idea.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.