Upcoming Events

Weekly BMW races on Simracing.GP Other regular AC events on Simracing.GP Weekly GT3 Sprint Races on Simracing.GP Weekly GT4 Sprint Races on Simracing.GP Daily WTCR races on Simracing.GP

Steering loss (p2)

stigs2cousin

Premium
Hy there, it happened again :poop:

AC has "forgotten" the steering for the Mazda Cup car ( and my favorite Porsche)

I had this problem once before when I was on a different steering wheel and the wheel is recognized in controll settings.
All mods and other Kunos cars work fine.

So I think there must be something wrong with the car folders.

This time around the "vanilla AC launcher" even denies to start a race, last time it did and the car wouldn´t recognize the steering.

Last time I deleted the striken car folder and ran Steam Integrity Check which DID NOT fix the problem.
It just fixed itself over time.

Now i want to participate in a community race with the Mazda ( which went fine 2 weeks ago) and bamm, the f.... car is on strike again.

Is there any way to fix single cars other than to reinstall AC alltogether?
I´d like to avoid that as i have a lot of Mods and i am not to digital guy:cautious:

Every help appreciated

MFG Carsten

stigs2cousin

Premium
Got the solution from a hero member of a german Sim Forum:

it was nothing wrong with the car files, but the error definetely wasn´t in the drivers seat either :cautious:

It seems that when you use "carspecific controls" and change the controls preset just a little bit things go pear shaped.

The car is working now, I´m very happy

MFG Carsten