Steering Lock AMS2

Jim Carvalho

Premium
I hope this is helpful to someone. I have yet to feel ASM2 is worth the effort. One issue has been the steering lock range, especially in the F1 Vintage Gen 1 and 2 cars. I'm used to having very quick steering in open wheel formula cars, and I hadn't been able to change it in AMS2. I'm still using my old G25 because it's still working just fine. I'm also using Windows 10 Pro.

Here's what works for me.
I started AMS2 and Calibrated the steering, following the instructions in-game. I tested the steering lock range in the F1 Vintage Gen 1 car and it was 900 degrees, lock-to-lock. I then quit/closed AMS2.
I then went to "Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Devices and Printers", right-clicked on G25 Racing Wheel, and chose "Game Controller Settings". From there I clicked on Properties and then Settings. At the bottom of that screen is a check box for "Allow Game To Adjust Settings". For every other sim, I keep that box checked. I removed the check from that box, set the "Degrees of Rotation" to 290, and started AMS2. I went directly to the same car again and found the steering lock range was 290 degrees.

I now need to remember to uncheck that box before I start AMS2 and to check that box when I quit so that it's set appropriately for other sims.

Now I can move on to my other issues with AMS2.

As I understand your description you have actually cramped/compressed the 900 degrees movement to 290 degrees.
And this will probably give you the "very quick steering" you want.:)

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: Personally I do something similiar with my SRW-S1 wheel by first setting the movement to maximum degrees (360) inside Windows Control Panel and then calibrate in AMS2.
But then return to Windows Control Panel and reduce the movement to about 240 degrees.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 454 69.8%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 279 42.9%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 299 46.0%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 134 20.6%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 174 26.8%
Back