RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

• John MacIntyre

Enjoyed racing with you guys. Great event Yves!!! Good track. Like Kyle says, it was a small grid. But, by and large good racing. Thanks again to Yves :)

Great races all. Talk about a hard track to pass at.

I qualified in 4th overall with a 1.24.5. I have done better lap times around here, but I struggled to put a decent lap together all night.

Race 1:
I got a decent start and entered T1 in second place. I stuck with first place BMW up until the right hander going up hill, when I went a bit to wide, came onto the grass and spun out. Luckily I didn't hit anyone in the process. There were several crashes on the track during the first few laps, which allowed me to regain 3rd, which also where I finished.

Race 2:
Started the race In 5th I think. Had a bad start, completely missing the green (sorry to whomever was behind me). I followed the BMW in 4th around for a lap or two trying to find a way around him and finally made my move going into turn 1. I tried to leave plenty of space and decided to take T2 wide, as I wasn't sure if I was fully past him. I ended up taking the turn a bit wider than I anticipated and went straight on into the grass. For most of the remainder of the race I was battling with the two Alfa's at the rear of the field, which was entertaining and frustrating all the same time, but I eventually dropped both of them and finished in 4th, giving me 3rd overall in point. Not that means anything. I made a lot of mistakes during this race, which I think was partially due to the fact that I really needed to used the bathroom. LOL

Anyways, I had fun. Great track and cars. I sure the second half of race 2 is worth watching for anyone that is interested.

• Kyle Evers

Yeah, everyone noticed lol :D.

I think it's funny how I could run 1'29'6XX fastest with the BMW and then switching to the Alfa I managed a 1'25'4XX in Race 2. Guess I'm more suited towards the Alfa, eh?

• Chris Rodgers

Was just about to correct the sign up yet again! It is a dry race, I thought I must have had it on changeable! At least I got that right...

Haha, didn't mean to worry you. Just commenting on rain as I put in a few laps at Melbourne in the wet recently in the GTR2 Ferrari 575 as prep for the ICONZ round, and it was plain impossible to put the power down with all those fast curves! Luckily it was dry on the day :party2:

Thanks Guys. I enjoyed my first race with the club since joining RD.

First time with the '87 cars and first time on GP-200. What a fun track.

I ran with minor tweaks to the default set up to get used to the track and the car. Had to switch in the middle of practice from the paddles to the H-shifter on my G25 as it was double down changing, not what you want with these twitchy beasts.

Anyways managed to get my time down to 1:29".xx but in your company that had me dead last so satisfied my self with a plan to keep off the green and on the hard stuff.

Race 1 - Plan worked and by t4 i think that I was running 4rd or 4th after a few of the front runners bumped or put a wheel on the grass and I managed to avoid trouble. finished 6th from 8 thanks to Gregory's clutch failure at the end of L1.

Race 2b Started third and was running third but on L2 putched it off and did some damage. Retired and went to bed, it was 2am after all.

maybe next time, I'll be more competitive. Thanks guys!

Hehe, I kept finishig 4th until yesterday then got 3 podiums on the bounce:party2:

I've only been racing online this week since my one month spell with iRacing last year, but I've had far more enjoyment racing here on the RD servers.

And now racing the Ai just doesn't cut it anymore!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back