Starting out

A

Anthony Bassey

• Anthony Bassey

Hey guys I apologise now for the newbie question and if this is the wrong place to put it. Im Tony and for many years as with most of you guys i have enjoyed watching races from many different disciplines from F3 t MotoGP. I have decided that i wanted to start to compete myself in open wheel though Pc simulators and im not really sure where to start. I Have grabbed myself a copy of Rfactor as im interested in the formula sim racing league. I am not really sure where to start (other than practising on the game obviously) so thought i would ask on here if you guys wouldn't mind giving me some tips on how to begin getting my sim racing ideals off the ground. with my goals of being able to compete in either the world series or world trophy eventually.

Thanks in advance

Tony

Hi Soulz,

this really reminds me, of how I came to the league. Becuase I also started simracing actually here. So there were no experiences much with simracing online before. I also actually only hat a copy of rFactor and was following the league on the Broadcasts and the news and forums.
The first thing would be maybe to change your username to your real name, because that´s a rule here.
Then of course you should check out the FSR -Mod.
The information for downloading and running it you will find here:
http://www.racedepartment.com/fsr-news-announcements/33132-fsr-2010-mod-download-information.html

Then of course it´s all about practice practice. When I started, I was lucky to have Dennis Hirrle living near to me, and so he came over and got me started showing how he´s actually driving and how to set up the settings for the wheel correctly and such. But then also reading the forum here and asking here and there helped a lot.
I also would try to get in touch with a team as soon as possible. So they can maybe give you a testing seat and there you can really learn a lot by watching the guys driving on the servers and also you get setups.
Other than that it is really practice practice practice and it really takes a while to get something like fast. I remember that it was almost frustrating. But when you stick to it, you should be fine.

Hope I could help you a little with that.
If you have any questions just send me a PM or continue posting here!

Greetings
Andi

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes