Stains on my Sprint pedals

Is this rust on my Sprint pedals? Should I try to clean it? Any recommended product?

sprint-stains.jpg

I have not e-mailed them because I have no problems with my pedals from a funcional point of view. Should I worry? I live in the southeast of Spain, the dryest place in Europe, and my cockpit is on a second floor, so I am sure it is not a problem of humidity. Do your pedals look like new after some years installed?

Last edited:
Do your pedals look like new after some years installed?

No. I've had my Sprints for a few years now and there are no signs of the rust that we see in your pictures. Have you taken a look at the circuit board underneath the brake pedal to see if that has also suffered from corrosion?

As suggested, I would contact Heusinkveld and get their opinion on what could be done to fix things up. I'm sure they will offer to help you out.

This connection piece looks (zinc?) plated and that layer seems to have partially deteriorated.
I personally would not take it to be a problem for the function, but this is for HSV to decide.

So mail them and you´ll be helped ;).

MFG Carsten

I have noticed this kind of aging or rusty coloration also on the nuts used in several parts of my rim, so it might have to do with the kind of material used, as you has pointed out.

My sprints are about 1 year old and are just starting to produce the issue you highlight. I think this is sad. Nobody wants to see this type of deterioration in such a short time.

• Deleted member 197115

My HE Pro from 2016 are spot free, still looking shiny new like on day one, guess because of full stainless construction.
Too bad they are discontinued, but at least Ultimate+ are still built to the old standards.

Last edited by a moderator:
My HE Pro from 2016 are spot free, still looking shiny new like on day one, guess because of full stainless construction.
Too bad they are discontinued, but at least Ultimate+ are still built to the old standards.
Interesting. Obviously, this is only cosmetic however it still does not provide the feeling on quality.

I have used the Aladdin "magic" cottom for cleaning metals and now my pedals look better. I have also applied WD40.

cleaning-sprint-pedals.jpg
Great thinking for excellent results!

I have similar pitting on some Fanatec V1 CSP pedal bushings and will try a similar solution.

BTW, the subject title sounds like the name lyrics of a song!

Something do with tear-stained flower pedsls . . .

Teardrops on my pillow . . .

There's a Tear in My Beer

The above train of mixed and distorted thoughts led to this that I didn't know existed:

Sorry, my brain is a bit foggy this morning!

Maybe this will atone for the dreadful tune above and wreckless derailing of this post!:

Great thinking for excellent results!

I have similar pitting on some Fanatec V1 CSP pedal bushings and will try a similar solution.

BTW, the subject title sounds like the name lyrics of a song!

Something do with tear-stained flower pedsls . . .

Teardrops on my pillow . . .

There's a Tear in My Beer

The above train of mixed and distorted thoughts led to this that I didn't know existed:

Sorry, my brain is a bit foggy this morning!

Maybe this will atone for the dreadful tune above and wreckless derailing of this post!:

I was thinking more in that song by Whitesnake:

Is this rust, that I'm seeing?
Is this the rust, that I've been afraid of?
XD

Mine are coming up on 3 years of age and they are definitely showing signs of corrosion. Lots of white where they used to be shiny. It hasn't impacted their performance. I could replace all the bolts with SS at some point and polish/paint the other parts if it mattered to me.

I'd consider the Ultimate+ pedals if you wanted all SS construction.

One could also argue that given the outrageous price of Sprints to mortal humans that one shouldn't have to pay even more outrageous money for Ultimate+ to ensure that the standard of plating wouldn't be so poor

I beleive the Sprints are the least expensive pedals that allow for measurablly consistent track times.

So they still sit on that "theshold".

They are noticeable more consistent than the Fanatec V3's.

There used to be another set of pedals about halfway between the v3's and Sprints in price that were held in high regard, but they were low production, always out of inventory and had to be preordered. Finally they closed down.

Anyway, I'm not going to change your feelings on this. The Sprints are in high demand and have been for over 3 years now because of how well they work and HE's excellent support.

I will say that they replaced the main control board on my pedals that were well out of warranty and did so very quickly and happily.

Is this rust on my Sprint pedals? Should I try to clean it? Any recommended product?

sprint-stains.jpg
Yes, this has also happened to me I am very disappointed with the product, my load cell also failed on the brake pedal they said they would send me a new one which is great but I am still upset because I thought these pedals were AMAZING quality and BULLETPROOF, but they look rusted and the load cell has failed and I have only owned them for just over a year.

I definitely will not be buying from them again I do not think, and I will not recommend these pedals to anybody else. It is weird though because I had the ones that came before the sprints and they were amazing, with no rust and no failures I had them for 3 years but I thought I'd sell them and get the new ''upgraded'' sprints. But the ''upgraded'' version seems to be way worse.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea