SRS vs Simtools

I use Simtools for a couple of years now, and I'm quite happy with how I've dialed it in. Mainly lowered accelleration, heave and surge values from the default plugins a bit while increasing smoothness to make the motion feel more clear, and get rid of unnecessary noise. I love how customizable Simtools is, but with so much settings available it also hightens the risk of making things worse.

I've read that SRS isn't that customisable than Simtools, but that it isn't a problem because the default settings per game are that good so the couple of sliders you get in SRS should be sufficient.

Is that true? Should I be better of with SRS because it is more fault proof, or should I stick with Simtools?

IMG_20210330_150908.jpg

Upvote 0
haha ok, I'll give it a shot! I feel like I have simtools dialed in pretty good, but I'll give SRS a shot. If it helps improve the road feel/vibrations that would be a win for me.

I have an arduino based wind sim (not SRS) which I think I will still need to use simhub to power from what I've read. Is there any benefit to moving my transducers to use SRS also? I have 4 corners (chassis mode) and a larger one under my seat for engine rumble.

I think I will probably need to upgrade my firmware though.. I've not upgraded it since I got the unit (maybe about a year ago?)

Upvote 0
MC I assume is motion compensation.. on my current setup I use the pimax5k+ but I don't use the lighthouses. I had mixed results using them with my sfx100, it was blacking out way too often. Once in a while it would work, but I've since gone with using simply the 9-axis internal tracking with a button mapped on my wheel to "recenter" which I have to do often, unfortunately.

Is there any advantage I'd see with this MC feature on SRS in this context? Seems like no, but figured I'd ask.

Upvote 0
MC I assume is motion compensation.. on my current setup I use the pimax5k+ but I don't use the lighthouses. I had mixed results using them with my sfx100, it was blacking out way too often. Once in a while it would work, but I've since gone with using simply the 9-axis internal tracking with a button mapped on my wheel to "recenter" which I have to do often, unfortunately.

Is there any advantage I'd see with this MC feature on SRS in this context? Seems like no, but figured I'd ask.

No, MC on SRS is done via a very inexpensive Gyro sensor that you mount on your rig and it compensate in real time. Our members can't seem to be able to stop talking about it :p

IMG_20210401_113459.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I personally tried MC with OVRMC, using a vive wand, back when i was using simtools and i could never get it dialed in correctly.

Then i decided to give this new way a try with a Gyroscopic sensor that costs $30 all in (you can even find it on amazon prime) and since using it with Sim Racing Studio, I wouldnt go back.

It finally makes a difference when you're racing on tracks like Daytona or Laguna Seca, where you have these massive banked turns or hills. On Daytona, i would either have to tune down the roll DOF so it didnt skew my view and force me to recenter on every lap, but now with SRS, your view is just perfectly synced at all times and I cranked the roll DOF back up.

Definitely worth it. SRS Premium subscription has a 30-day money back guarantee. And also the witmotion sensor can be purchased through amazon prime with the cable, and that also has a 30-day return policy... You can't lose.

Upvote 0
I don't know why ProSimu refuses to fully support SRS for their T7 motion rigs. They claim the rotations are not calculate accurately but never provided detailed reasons. Gilbert from SRS says they support their 5 DOF but not their 7 DOF since Prosimu won't allow them to do it.

Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea