SRS vs Simtools

I use Simtools for a couple of years now, and I'm quite happy with how I've dialed it in. Mainly lowered accelleration, heave and surge values from the default plugins a bit while increasing smoothness to make the motion feel more clear, and get rid of unnecessary noise. I love how customizable Simtools is, but with so much settings available it also hightens the risk of making things worse.

I've read that SRS isn't that customisable than Simtools, but that it isn't a problem because the default settings per game are that good so the couple of sliders you get in SRS should be sufficient.

Is that true? Should I be better of with SRS because it is more fault proof, or should I stick with Simtools?

I use Simtools for a couple of years now, and I'm quite happy with how I've dialed it in. Mainly lowered accelleration, heave and surge values from the default plugins a bit while increasing smoothness to make the motion feel more clear, and get rid of unnecessary noise. I love how customizable Simtools is, but with so much settings available it also hightens the risk of making things worse.

I've read that SRS isn't that customisable than Simtools, but that it isn't a problem because the default settings per game are that good so the couple of sliders you get in SRS should be sufficient.

Is that true? Should I be better of with SRS because it is more fault proof, or should I stick with Simtools?

Anyone that tried SRS was saying they never felt driving so realistic before. The grin on their face running over bumps and rumble strips could be seen through on their messages back to us... Even Barry's grin could be seen from the back of his head on his latest review video :p

IMG_20210314_081324.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I was using Simtools for 3 years and had some trouble getting it to work with my new PC last year. Even when I had it working, the feeling was not the same as before. So I tried SRS and I am happy with it.
If I got the feeling same as before in Sim Tools, I wouldn't have switched to SRS. So if you are satisfied, I don't see any reason to switch. You can take good notes on your settings, so if you worsen your setup, you can go back to the old one. If you have too much money, you can try SRS and feel for yourself which one you like better. :)

I am driving AC and ACC in VR+ 3DOF ProSimu. Still using simtools in parallel with a self build seat belt tensioner.

Upvote 0
I've moved from Simtools, to SRS.

Painless - free test period is available, and you can leave simtools installed, but stop it loading at startup.

I did have to change some of the 25way connectors on the Thanos, but it literally took 30 seconds.

Love SRS, give it a go !

Upvote 0
I switched from SimFeedback to SimTools, and now SRS. Hands down down for SRS!

Saves profile on per car basis and loads the profile for the car automatically; Tight integration with Thanos AMC-AASD15A controller so you can save spike filter value under each car profile; Live tuning; keyboard / button box mapping; saves screen position;

and very soon, motion compensation for VR.

Upvote 0
I switched from SimFeedback to SimTools, and now SRS. Hands down down for SRS!

Saves profile on per car basis and loads the profile for the car automatically; Tight integration with Thanos AMC-AASD15A controller so you can save spike filter value under each car profile; Live tuning; keyboard / button box mapping; saves screen position;

That's all good news! VR compensation too! Great! It looks like everything is coming together nicely.

Upvote 0
I used SimTools for 2 years and in the last 3 months I’m using SRS and it’s head and shoulders above SimTools.
It’s more easy to setting and the motion feels more natural.
Another thing, now I run motion, Wind sim and my buttkickers with one app, SRS.

Upvote 0
I used SimTools for 2 years and in the last 3 months I’m using SRS and it’s head and shoulders above SimTools.
It’s more easy to setting and the motion feels more natural.
Another thing, now I run motion, Wind sim and my buttkickers with one app, SRS.

Is SRS as fully featured as SimHub for tactile? My current NLR software supports motion and tactile, but it's tactile implementation is weak. I've been very happy with how SimHub feels.

Upvote 0
Is SRS as fully featured as SimHub for tactile? My current NLR software supports motion and tactile, but it's tactile implementation is weak. I've been very happy with how SimHub feels.
Yes and and I prefer SRS over Simcommander4 for tactile. I used SimHub and I liked it but it’s to much invasive software. It erased SRS firmware and blocked SimTools COM ports when I was using SimTools so I simply deinstalled it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm considering trying SRS. I've considered it since Barrys comments about it in his latest reviews.

I use Simhub for tactile, but the developer seems determined not to offer flight sim support. I happen to have a unused Thanos controller that would allow me to make the switch. I hesitate , as everything is currently tuned and working well with Simfeedback / Simhub with the exception of no tactile for flight sims..

One possible hiccup is my currently functioning Sea Flow blower setup for wind?

Is it possible to run Sea flow blowers with SRS? I see there is a "blower" selection in the wind setup area, but the interface board they sell is limited to 1.5 amps?

Also, is there a forum for SRS? If so, I sure can't find it!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm considering trying SRS. I've considered it since Barrys comments about it in his latest reviews.

I use Simhub for tactile, but the developer seems determined not to offer flight sim support. I happen to have a unused Thanos controller that would allow me to make the switch. I hesitate , as everything is currently tuned and working well with Simfeedback / Simhub with the exception of no tactile for flight sims..

One possible hiccup is my currently functioning Sea Flow blower setup for wind?

Is it possible to run Sea flow blowers with SRS? I see there is a "blower" selection in the wind setup area, but the interface board they sell is limited to 1.5 amps?

Also, is there a forum for SRS? If so, I sure can't find it!

They have Discord:

Upvote 0

The NLR software works for flight, but it just has engine rpm and impacts when you are shot.

I purchased an other tactile package for flight a long time ago and never set it up.

Upvote 0
I Heard back from SRS, and running my DIY blower setup won't work with their software. That means still having to run extra software. It may be easier to keep what I have and forget SRS. I could try to utilize the very basic tactile from Simfeedback just for flight sims, but that means turning it's tactile on for some profiles, and off for others. Not sure how that will work out or if even possible ....

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I Heard back from SRS, and running my DIY blower setup won't work with their software. That means still having to run extra software. It may be easier to keep what I have and forget SRS. I could try to utilize the very basic tactile from Simfeedback just for flight sims, but that means turning it's tactile on for some profiles, and off for others. Not sure how that will work out or if even possible ....

If it's anything like the NLR software, you would have go in and disable and re-enable the tactile on it when you wanted to use it.

That said, I think the SRS software looks like a good step forward for ease of setup especially allowing per car setup. That is a great feature. Like Barry showed with the settings for a track car vs. a dirt truck going airborne. You want them configured differently.

As it is I manage because I have settings for Dirt Rally 2.0 separate from iRacing and I don't run the rally cars in iRacing ( currently ).

I could see running SRS and SimHub at the same time. I've mixed together some settings I really like in SimHub and have no problem running separate software for them.

Think about this for a minute.

When I go into iRacing I have all of the following spun up.

Starts up at boot
1. NLR motion software
2. SimHub
3. VRS logger
4. iRacing Manager

5. SteamVR
6. Simcore SC 2 software

Started by iRacing Manager when iRacing starts
7. a Crew Chief
8. b Trading Paints

9. Sometimes Discord

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Been using SRS for a few months now. Really like it. Nice UI, and very user friendly, and as has been said having everything in the same app is fantastic. I never used Simtools, but TBH I'm glad I didn't have to. It looks powerful, but unintuitive.

Oooh, I didn't know that was in development. Just keeps getting better.

Upvote 0
Out of curiosity I bought SRS last week and tbh I find it harder to get it working than Simtools on my setup, namely a Prosimu T1000 3M. In AMS2 I can't even get it to work at all. Keeps telling me I need to set shared memory to PC2, which is already selected since I needed that setting for Simtools too.

In the other two sims I play, ACC and RF2, I can get it to work and feel the traction loss, but bumps and kerbs are hardly noticable. Like I can drive straight over a sausage kerb and feel nothing. By increasing boost setting in the tuning menu I can get them to be more pronounced in ACC, but RF2 with boost set to max I will not have heave it seems and only traction loss.

I haven't touched the individual values yet, believe they are set to 20 standard.

Upvote 0
Didn't realize there was a "new" software to replace simtools. Thanos mentioned the road feel in his first reply, that is one area I have always felt was lacking in my sfx100 build. I had to supplement with a lot of "speed" and "engine vibration" signals with transducers in simhub. SRS works with sfx100 and thanos controller? I would be interested to try it out. I feel like all my transducers do now is shake to give me the road feel, I've lost the more important cues like wheel lock/slip due to this.

Upvote 0
Didn't realize there was a "new" software to replace simtools. Thanos mentioned the road feel in his first reply, that is one area I have always felt was lacking in my sfx100 build. I had to supplement with a lot of "speed" and "engine vibration" signals with transducers in simhub. SRS works with sfx100 and thanos controller? I would be interested to try it out. I feel like all my transducers do now is shake to give me the road feel, I've lost the more important cues like wheel lock/slip due to this.
Yep. SRS works with SFX100 and Thanos. Probably the best combo now.
Give it a try. It's 30 days full refund if you don't like it!

Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea