ACC Sprint race @ Silverstone Monday 4th September

Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event
Yea great race, seemed pretty clean for all although not seen the replay yet!

First lap I just wanted to maintain first place after T1, I was glad to see Schroder taking it a bit easier than myself to have some breathing space, then after 20 mins my grip was fading so I had to be less aggressive on the fast corners. At that point I just tried to keep a 5 second gap to Robert.

Had a few oversteer moments but nothing major, kept it pretty consistent.

Glad I checked between the sofa! ;)

Last edited:
Congrats to all podium player , awesome pace from all of you.
Big thank to admins for all the fun.
Did a new PB and still nr 9 " wtf" :confused: ;)
First part just try to hold on to that 9th and try to keep up for as long as possible,
then there where two car in front off me in trouble , knew they where hungry wolfs , had a bit off trouble find a god spot to let car 292 pass so it was a bit stressed ,sorry to Johann ,but that is how slow I pass that first chicane :redface: think I scared you to over brake :( . Thank you all for the race.
See you all
Nah, you did nothing wrong, I just completely forgot how to race :roflmao:

Loved the race last night, needed a fun night back on the sim as most of my mates are selling their rigs. Showed my why I need to keep mine even if I don't use it that often.

So much fun racing close with Schröder at the start and Brooks behind me all race. Chased Will as best I could and the gap closed a bit from 5.5 seconds to 4 at one point. Took 6 or so laps to close that amount so I stopped pushing too much as I knew I couldnt catch him by the end of the race, backed off and lost 2 seconds in the last 5 laps as I focused on getting to the finish line in second.

Had a great race. Qualifying was crazy tight. Well done all :) had a nice clean start and a good fight with Robert and Johann for a good while. Then was panic stations when I saw Chris was 5 seconds behind me. Had the last 10 mins of very squeaky bum time and just managed to hold on. Very respectful racing from Chris as ever.

Well done to Will. Super pace and good consistency, league of your own. Robert didn’t have you pace either well deserved p2. And frankly Chris would have got me dinner rather than later. All around great race! Thanks to Chris as always for organising.

Side note Sim race Gp are doing a 24 hour race on 17-19 November and I would like to enter with any one who is game :)

Had a great race. Qualifying was crazy tight. Well done all :) had a nice clean start and a good fight with Robert and Johann for a good while. Then was panic stations when I saw Chris was 5 seconds behind me. Had the last 10 mins of very squeaky bum time and just managed to hold on. Very respectful racing from Chris as ever.

Well done to Will. Super pace and good consistency, league of your own. Robert didn’t have you pace either well deserved p2. And frankly Chris would have got me dinner rather than later. All around great race! Thanks to Chris as always for organising.

Side note Sim race Gp are doing a 24 hour race on 17-19 November and I would like to enter with any one who is game :)
Would love to do a 24hr as a team sometime, Im busy that weekend :(

Well done everyone, your consistency is as impressive as ever, and the qualifying times were something else, I had better practice success than the actual race, little to comment on tbh, regardless of sucking at sim racing i really enjoy being on the grid and racing, and am as hopeful as ever each time i start. Will try some other cars too, I mean a few spins can be put down to errors etc, but every time I drive it? That’s a pattern I do not enjoy, love the 720 Evo though ngl, but pointless using if I can’t control it for 40mins. Onwards

Last edited:
Well done everyone, your consistency is as impressive as ever, and the qualifying times were something else, I had better practice success than the actual race, little to comment on tbh, regardless of sucking at sim racing i really enjoy being on the grid and racing, and am as hopeful as ever each time i start. Will try some other cars too, I mean a few spins can be put down to errors etc, but every time I drive it? That’s a pattern I do not enjoy, love the 720 Evo though ngl, but pointless using if I can’t control it for 40mins. Onwards
She is a tricky beast, rotation on slow speed corners can increase rapidly. Maybe give the new Lambo a try?

She is a tricky beast, rotation on slow speed corners can increase rapidly. Maybe give the new Lambo a try?
I did give the Lambo a go, but not extensively so yes worth a few more sessions in it for sure, so frustrating tbh because it’s the kerbs! Always the kerbs, and you know the Aston doesn’t even flinch with them unless you go in way too hard, so its about changing driving style to suit that issue, which slows me even more, it’s faster for sure. Experience is against me I know, if I can get some speed out the Lambo and it forgives me with the kerbs I’ll stick with that.

W
I did give the Lambo a go, but not extensively so yes worth a few more sessions in it for sure, so frustrating tbh because it’s the kerbs! Always the kerbs, and you know the Aston doesn’t even flinch with them unless you go in way too hard, so its about changing driving style to suit that issue, which slows me even more, it’s faster for sure. Experience is against me I know, if I can get some speed out the Lambo and it forgives me with the kerbs I’ll stick with that.
With the right setup the992 can be nice and safe to drive

Sadly can't race on Mondays currently but I enjoy reading your race reports and checking my lap times against your result links :)
Always the kerbs, and you know the Aston doesn’t even flinch with them unless you go in way too hard, so its about changing driving style
I'd say it's the setup. Sure, some cars can go flat over sausage kerbs (Bentley at Imola Chicane), but riding the Silverstone kerbs is down to setup.
ACC still prefers a super soft setup. A bit tricky to drive with the weight shifting around like a container ship, but a lot calmer over kerbs.
You then "simply" raise the bump damper settings, shorten the bumpstop range and stiffen the ARBs a little bit until the wobbling becomes controllable.
Also tire pressures make a big difference. At 27.2 psi, the tire will bounce a lot harder over kerbs, while at 26.0, it rolls straight across them.
I can send you my current, super soft Valencia setup for the Ferrari 296. Should behave quite similar to the McLaren und should work for Silverstone.
I'll just post it here when I get home :)

And if you want, upload your McLaren setup you used on Monday and I'll check it out.
Jay, check this guy out: https://www.youtube.com/@Fri3d0lf
He has some awesome setups for the 992 (and other cars) :thumbsup:
Indeed, great dude!!
I'm racing in a league now with a team of 10 Ferraris across 3 grids so we've got Coach Dave, GO and 3 people who are really good with setups.
The Fri3d0lf setups always add a different flavour, often times a great one!
Coach Dave are basically "real" setups. A bit stiff, very well engineered. They drive well but they are too stiff for "eSports", where you just want to abuse the physics of the sim.
GO do exactly that. They don't care for anything, just make the car the fastest possible. And it works, but sometimes a lot of people really can't drive well with them. When you don't have great consistency and the line nailed down, they will just wobble until you fly off track.

Fri3d0lf always has a great mix of abusing the physics a little bit, while keeping it very driver friendly.
Just not engineered that well so you sometimes see really wild settings from him.

Sadly can't race on Mondays currently but I enjoy reading your race reports and checking my lap times against your result links :)

I'd say it's the setup. Sure, some cars can go flat over sausage kerbs (Bentley at Imola Chicane), but riding the Silverstone kerbs is down to setup.
ACC still prefers a super soft setup. A bit tricky to drive with the weight shifting around like a container ship, but a lot calmer over kerbs.
You then "simply" raise the bump damper settings, shorten the bumpstop range and stiffen the ARBs a little bit until the wobbling becomes controllable.
Also tire pressures make a big difference. At 27.2 psi, the tire will bounce a lot harder over kerbs, while at 26.0, it rolls straight across them.
I can send you my current, super soft Valencia setup for the Ferrari 296. Should behave quite similar to the McLaren und should work for Silverstone.
I'll just post it here when I get home :)

And if you want, upload your McLaren setup you used on Monday and I'll check it out.

Indeed, great dude!!
I'm racing in a league now with a team of 10 Ferraris across 3 grids so we've got Coach Dave, GO and 3 people who are really good with setups.
The Fri3d0lf setups always add a different flavour, often times a great one!
Coach Dave are basically "real" setups. A bit stiff, very well engineered. They drive well but they are too stiff for "eSports", where you just want to abuse the physics of the sim.
GO do exactly that. They don't care for anything, just make the car the fastest possible. And it works, but sometimes a lot of people really can't drive well with them. When you don't have great consistency and the line nailed down, they will just wobble until you fly off track.

Fri3d0lf always has a great mix of abusing the physics a little bit, while keeping it very driver friendly.
Just not engineered that well so you sometimes see really wild settings from him.
You are correct I think, set up may not be helping, inexperienced in the Evo plus dodgy set up. I load aggressive set up as usual, then work on tyre temps and suspension, I do normally soften as you say, but then I get either under or oversteer, so I just adjust until there is some sort of balance at least, but over rotation in slower corners on exit is where i lose the rear end, so that in itself costs a lot of time while hesitating to put the power down. Frustrating

You are correct I think, set up may not be helping, inexperienced in the Evo plus dodgy set up. I load aggressive set up as usual, then work on tyre temps and suspension, I do normally soften as you say, but then I get either under or oversteer, so I just adjust until there is some sort of balance at least, but over rotation in slower corners on exit is where i lose the rear end, so that in itself costs a lot of time while hesitating to put the power down. Frustrating
The aggressive setups are usually quite stiff and slidey with not enough wing and low TC.
Compared to that most "professional" setups often have maximum wing, high TC, soft springs and lots of front end grip.
So your car grips and over rotates on the brakes or while rolling and calms down a bit on the throttle.
Completely different!

I totally understand the criticism against buying setups but it's not only about the setups!
You also get Motec data of great laps in the packs and they also all have a video of the fastest lap online for free.
A setup alone doesn't make you fast. You also need to drive them for how they're built. With Motec and the videos, you get the full package and in theory can "just copy" every input and be as fast.

With just the setup, you have no idea how to drive with it. With just the video, you have no setup that makes it possible.
With just the telemetry, you don't know the setup and don't know the line.
And with the setup and the video, it's painstakingly difficult to compare you exact inputs to the video.

It's really the combination that makes them worth it for me!
You also only really need one setup that suits your style the best. Then learn one track with the video and telemetry and you can figure out the other tracks.
I used the Coach Dave Indianapolis Setup with the BMW M4 on basically all tracks last year. Apart from PRC.

If you don't want to pay, just use the Fri3d0lf content. It's the same and for free. Just without a full team behind it and not as massive lap times. But as long as he's quicker than you and has your combination covered, it's awesome what he does!

I think I just adapt to it, I do the same as you just load the default aggro setup but don't really change much other than BB TC ABS and get the tyres in the right window. @Trox might have a better idea on the setup for that car. Maybe the diff settings will help on the rotation on corner exit.

What I find with the McLaren is that if you just carry too much speed into a slow corner it’ll just over rotate the moment you apply the accelerator on the apex. You really need to slow the car down consistently to a speed that will probably feel VERY slow then get the power down on exit smoothly.

If the over rotation is from putting the accelerator down instantly to 100% then increase the TC2 to help control it until you get used to the power build

I’m no expert but It’s just what I’ve seen. Also, I wouldnt dismiss the Safe preset…

I’ve not got Misano setup sorted but if I do I’ll pass on what I done

What I find with the McLaren is that if you just carry too much speed into a slow corner it’ll just over rotate the moment you apply the accelerator on the apex. You really need to slow the car down consistently to a speed that will probably feel VERY slow then get the power down on exit smoothly.

If the over rotation is from putting the accelerator down instantly to 100% then increase the TC2 to help control it until you get used to the power build

I’m no expert but It’s just what I’ve seen. Also, I wouldnt dismiss the Safe preset…

I’ve not got Misano setup sorted but if I do I’ll pass on what I done
I was going to mention TC and TC2

I have TC1 around 4 and TC2 around 5 or 6 just to control the power out of the slow stuff

This is my setup. It's a mix of my latest few. Managed to do a 1:58.4xx with the server settings and the Ferrari 296.
Feel free to check it out and compare to the default setups :)

There's a bit of time still at hand but I'm not the best at Silverstone and you really have to push like a complete lunatic in Sector 1 or you'll go with +0.7s onto the hangar straight..
Maybe the diff settings will help on the rotation on corner exit.
Just picking only this out, since I completely agree with everything else, but had loooong issues to understand the preload, so maybe helpful for others too:
The diff, sadly, is not adjustable for coast and acceleration and the preload we have available is only active when "rolling".
On full throttle, the accel. diff setting will lock the axle if the wheels spin too differently. Same for braking, then the coast setting will lock the axle.
But when you come off the brakes and have that short moment between brake and throttle, then the preload will lock the axle too.
Coloured boxes = locked diff.
1694123182568.png

So a more forward brake bias will have basically the same effect as higher preload. But you can combine brake bias + preload to shape the behaviour when trail braking. Low BB + high preload = agile while braking but stable when coming off the brakes. High BB + low preload = stable when braking but very agile when coming off the brakes.

Oh and about brake bias: I can recommend to do this test:
Set ABS to 0, go on a straight and brake harder and harder until either the fronts or the rears lock up.
Then dial in the brake bias until they lock up at the same time. This is the car's "neutral" brake bias.
For the BMW M4, it's below the minimum! So you can easily run the lowest BB and maintain a great braking distance.
With the Ferrari 296, that point is around 58.4%, while you can lower it to 50.0!
So you can make the car more agile under braking but you'll sacrifice braking distance. I prefer to be around the neutral brake bias for the shortest braking distance and rather adjust the setup to balance the car.

Attachments

• 0_Ras_Silv_58.4xx_20_23.json
    8.1 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering