Sports Bag Revived

Plugins Sports Bag Revived 1.1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
This plugin doesn't play well with the Railroad one from Wampa842. If the bag is open and you try to drive across the tracks, the bag will hook on to it. In the Ruscko, the bag was just pulled out the back. But in the Satsuma it was like hitting a wall. Car came to a forced stop with pieces thrown.

@pds72 Thanks for the constructive feedback!
If the bag is open and you try to drive across the tracks, the bag will hook on to it.
By design its hooking onto everything.
Closing the bag disables the hooking.
I increased the force involved in the last patch.(I forgot to make a statement on the mainpost that you should close your bag. I am sorry dude)

In the Ruscko, the bag was just pulled out the back. But in the Satsuma it was like hitting a wall. Car came to a forced stop with pieces thrown.

I can imagine, you were probably stopped by like 100tons or so. Next update will fix that, just close your bag when driving.
Alternativly you could use version 1.0.0
Btw in the current version you can get inside the bag... this is a bug which is already fixed on my internal build.

Hawk031 updated Sports Bag Revived with a new update entry:

Sports Bag Update (v1.1.0)

Changelog
  • Items inside Bag are invisible now
  • Readjusted Physics! Remember to close your bag and make sure it sits properly (no wobble when moving with about 40km/h)
  • Bag closes and opens with a delay(animation)
  • readjusted bagsize so it doesnt collide with satsuma
  • its easier to free items out the bag(coincidently that also helps with taking items off the jonnez
  • Updating now in sync with physicsengine

I could drive to teimo and back without incidents. I...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Nice mod, but it seems it's possible to accidentally consume the food/drinks inside a closed bag when trying to open it.

Very sorry to say this, but in it's current state, I feel that this mod is unwieldy, glitchy and virtually redundant. It is very difficult to position things inside the bag, it seems to randomly "eat" stuff up, and some things just ignore it's existence. Offenders I found are notepad, envelope and spark plug box. May be more. Also, I think that you might be trying to integrate code of jonnez's rear rack. If that is the case, I suggest avoid it, it is a glitchy mess as is. Lastly, ditch the "sports bag" concept and consider rebranding to a compact luggage case of sorts. Sports bag is so long that if you try to put it in Satsuma's boot, it makes the rest of the boot space nigh-unusable, and makes it impossible to carry anything bigger than a beer case, while also making the rest of the boot unusable. In that case, why not just use the boot? I understand that what I am asking is complete overhaul of the mod, and I will not pretend to understand the complexities and difficulty of coding. I did not see any mod like this, so I came to the discussion page of this mod. As such, you may take my post with a grain of salt. I will not flame you or anything of that sort, but in it's current state I simply cannot recommend this mod to anyone, or find a use case for it.

@DarthKDE
It is using the same unity mechanic as the jonnez rear rack. Which is a physics based system. That alone causes wierd behavior^^.
I know I need to do a complete rewrite, I will do so when I find enough time.
I also thought about making the bag adjustable in size when the recoding is done.
To be honest this is the mod which causes me the most headache.

p.s thanks for the constructive feedback

Hallo @Hawk031,

first i love your mod, because it´s realistic. I don´t need the Backpackmod where you keep 10items with you. That´s a good idea. And keep the Game Vanilla the best it can. But i got Problems if i zipped off and open it up the Items are not chooseable anymore it´s sticks in.

I hope you keep up the good work on this. Maybe you could copy the function of the Teimo´s Bag on this???

@DarthKDE
It is using the same unity mechanic as the jonnez rear rack. Which is a physics based system. That alone causes wierd behavior^^.
I know I need to do a complete rewrite, I will do so when I find enough time.
I also thought about making the bag adjustable in size when the recoding is done.
To be honest this is the mod which causes me the most headache.

p.s thanks for the constructive feedback
Thanks for your response. I will wait eagerly for the overhaul :)

I dunno if you already overhauled the mod, but atm it is still losing items around.. 2stroke fuel won't stay inside for instance.. love the idea but I don't feel safe going around with it on the bike, pieces randomly fall off :(

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.