Split Assetto Corsa content over multiple hard drives! It can be done!

If you are struggling with disk space for your Assetto Corsa Content, you can spread your content over multiple hard drives using this simple trick!

Directory Junctions!

Step 1) Move "Tracks" or "Cars" folder to your chosen destination drive. Make sure the directory has been moved and not copied. If you copied the folder by mistake simply delete the original one.

Step 2) Run "CMD" to get a dos command prompt and execute the following command replacing the drive letters as required for your setup.

mklink /J "C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\tracks" "D:\tracks"

or

mklink /J "C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\cars" "D:\cars"

or both if feel the need!

Attachments

• Junction.png
    Junction.png
    343.2 KB · Views: 60
Interesting, the app uses junctions, same same but with a GUI. For anyone interested in trying SteamMover I have located the link for you [https://www.traynier.com/software/steammover] either method works, I personally don't like to install additional software when a command line will do the same job. I can see this application being useful though if you need to regularly move data around due to system limitations.

If I may intrude here, I would also clean up all the badly made tracks and cars you never will use or you have included a much better one. It’s just like in real life when your house is very large you also collect a lot of unnecessary stuff. As a sample I did have 4 bad made Mexico 60’s tracks that all being exchanged by one much better version. As an historical circuit racer, deleted all the hill climb, free room, fantasy and modern tracks which I will never use.

delete all the not needed skins, who is using a non red Ferrari :D or are you sure you ever need those nonhistorical fantasy 4k skins for grid filling cars?

Use the compression system in CM or @JAC (GTplanet) alternative

After that labor intensive session, it did have a lot of free space left.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea