rF2 *Special Event* V8 Supercars Season Opener - Sydney Motorsport Park Sun 06 Mar 2022

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
EYfqQ5F.png
To mark the end of my time as furloughed, and the start of the 2022 Repco Supercars Championship - no connection between the two. The 2022 Repco Supercars Championship starts off with a double header the first weekend of March, with one 300km night race on Saturday and one 300km night race on Sunday. We will not emulate that. However, we will do a 150km night race on Sunday.
Header picture and race-idea is from @Yves Larose

Eligibility: You must be a PREMIUM member. You must also use your REAL NAME on all RD servers and Discord, and include this in your forum profile. It is the only way of identifying who you are during an event.

[Server Password: esports]
[RaceDepartment Discord]

[Racing Club Rules]
[Incident Reporting]

Server Name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM V8S

Car(s):

• Supercars 2021 (Australian Series) [STEAM]
Track: Sydney Motorsport Park (Eastern Creek) [STEAM]
Layout:
Track Temperature
: 23
Fixed Setups: No (setups can be shared)
Start Type: Formation Lap & Rolling Start
Driving Assists: Auto Clutch, Auto Shifting
Time: Night - In-Game start time: 19:30.
Weather: Forecast
ABS/TC: Factory Defaults

Schedule: (EU) Sunday 06 March 2022
Practice: 20:00 UTC (20 minutes)
Qualifying: 20:20 UTC (15 minutes)
Warm Up: 20:35 UTC
(5 minutes)
Race: 20:40 UTC (38 Laps) *Formation Lap & Standing Start!*

SuzukaGP2009.eb685cbd12f2aaf4740e0294174ba80c.png
INFORMATION & BASIC RULES

• All of the standard Racing Club Rules still apply to this event.
  • While our race is only half distance from the real one. It will last 55-60 minutes. Depending on tyre usage and strategy, you will need to stop one or two times.

Big thanks to @Ole Marius Myrvold for granting my special event request :thumbsup: :D Thanks to everyone who join the event :thumbsup: and thanks to RD for hosting the event :)

Qualy:
It was an interesting qualy session as we had changing condition. It was all about being on the right tyres at the right time and getting the most of it which i was unable to do. Each time i made a mistake and spun ruining my lap. At then end i came in 4th place.

Race:
With the chance of rain i've decided to change my race strategy, i fill the car right up and used the soft tyres to start the race. Ihad a decent start and was able to keep 4th place but i ran width at turn 3 and lost a place. Then i got lucky, @Ole Marius Myrvold who was in the lead ran very width at turn 4 and then at turn 5 he got hit by @Michael Rudolf that resulted of giving me 3rd place on a silver platter :D From there i started managing my tyres so they could last as long as possible in case the rain came. I was unable to keep up with Hartmut and Edward but i was pulling away from the rest of the field so i thought that the race would come to me later in the race. By lap 10 i began to think that the 2 guy's infront were on a 2 stops strategy so i decided to run on the soft as long as i can dare and make only one stop and use the soft again. On that same lap something happenned with Hartmut, i disappeared from the track for mayde 2 seconds and at the same time Edward spun coming out of turn 6 which put me right back in the race. At the end of lap 12 Edward was pitting so i knew i was a 2 stop strategy or a one stop using the hard tyres which meant that i was in a good position to finish ahead of him. Hartmut was another story tho, he was very consistent and fast and he managed to make his tyres last longer then me. I've pitted at the end of lap 19th, took some fuel and 4 brand spanking new soft tyres, after that it was a lonely race as i was too far from Hartmut and not making any ground on him while pulling away from third place. Ended up finishing the race in second place which i'm pretty happy with that result :)

Thanks again to everybody for this great event :thumbsup: :D :inlove:

Most frustrating race in a while for me. Did quali on wets which was obviously not the right decision putting me somewhere in the mid field. Start was a mess, first had a car on my right trying to pass on the grass which scared me a lot thinking he would take me out but luckily nothing happened. Got passed by Colin on the outside in T1, then he pulled to the left and hit me on the front sending him off. Next thing I saw Ole in front going off and rejoining right in front of me. He appeared to slow down mid corner which made me hit his back slightly sending him into a spin (sorry mate). Was already steaming at that point but kept on feeling better with the soft tyres I took for the race. Had settled for P4 after a few spins and decided to go for a one stopper as the tyres felt ok. Came in around lap 17 or so and had trouble enabling the pit limiter. Fiddling around with the buttons I missed the spot and had to reverse two times to finally hit it. Switched to hards which I did not get along with at all, felt worse than the softs with 9% left when I pitted. Found myself around Ole and Colin again after around lap 21 or so but struggled with the tyres and couldn't see the dry line at some corners at all. Spun again and finally rage quitted. :mad: One to forget

Yeah Hard tyres appeared to be either perfect or absolute murder. For me it was murder, as my middle stint on them was so bad I had to ditch them after my 5th spin and go for Softs which weren't going to make the end

@Ole Marius Myrvold : thank you for this special event.
Had a lot of fun driving these cars.

Qualifiying: i was ... shocked after it was over and i was the fastest. :)
Race: it was all about managing the tyres and it paid off. Trying to be consistent and fast( not "overdriving" the car) - that was my aim for the race.

Was a nice evening! Thank you all!

Most frustrating race in a while for me. Did quali on wets which was obviously not the right decision putting me somewhere in the mid field.

It felt a bit like Motorsport Manager with no inters. The slick being the best tyre choice even with a slightly wet racing line.

Next thing I saw Ole in front going off and rejoining right in front of me. He appeared to slow down mid corner which made me hit his back slightly sending him into a spin (sorry mate).

No worries! Didn't even know you did that. I was on the wet, with hard tyres. A lost cause.

Yeah Hard tyres appeared to be either perfect or absolute murder. For me it was murder, as my middle stint on them was so bad I had to ditch them after my 5th spin and go for Softs which weren't going to make the end

Hard was murder. Easy as :p

@Ole Marius Myrvold : thank you for this special event.
Had a lot of fun driving these cars.

Qualifiying: i was ... shocked after it was over and i was the fastest. :)
Race: it was all about managing the tyres and it paid off. Trying to be consistent and fast( not "overdriving" the car) - that was my aim for the race.

Was a nice evening! Thank you all!

It was a fun race, too bad there was quite a few people who wasn't able to make it!

You seemed like you had it all under control the whole race (and qual)! :)

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 467 70.2%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 283 42.6%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 306 46.0%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 135 20.3%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 180 27.1%
Back