rF2 Special Event: Radical RXC Turbo GT3@Phillip Island - Sun 16Sep18

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
I forgot we have my sons soccer presentation evening tonight, I hope to be back in time.
If not hope you all have a good race :)

Looks like HyperX Cloud II or Alpha it is. I'll try find a deal later on, or tomorrow. :)

Little more tinkering. If anyone needs it. :)

Attachments

• new Setup Usequal.svm
    4.3 KB · Views: 165
Steel Series Arctis 5 looks good, but again has reviews on both ends of the spectrum.
There is nothing in the world Joel that doesn’t have someone raving and someone bagging it. It’s just the way it goes. If possible best to rely on someone whose opinion you can really trust. These guys here are straight up.

Great racing everyone. Had a blast. Didn't have enough tyre pressre for the first stint so they overheated and I fell off the pace bad. Especially with my no TC strat. Second stint I upped the pressure and went softs in the rear and that worked well. Had fun battling with a few guys (sorry @alexSchmurtz if my move was a bit ambitious it T1), and got worried when I was catching @Ingemar Petersson and realised he wasn't coming in. :ninja:
Think I did a lot better than last week. Definitely enjoyed the longer race. Happy with qualifying too considering I spent half the session doing stop and goes. :laugh: Looking forward to next week. :)
GRAB_007cropresize.JPG

Last edited:
(sorry @alexSchmurtz if my move was a bit ambitious it T1)
No problem at all there Joel, I did the mistake all by myself! I was expecting your move and I went left to get the inside for the next left hander but I hadn't stop either so my tyres were gone already; I just slide a bit and touched the grass... You did well! :thumbsup:

I can't say the same about me... Sorry about clipping you @Tony I have to apologize there, I should have been more careful.

That spin dropped me behind @Ingemar Petersson , I can't help thinking I lost a good result there. Well done mate, you did an awesome race! :thumbsup:

That was really fun. I like when we have different strategies coming into play! But that was tough with worn tyres in the end. I was really glad to see the checkered! @Damien van de Velde :D
Second club race in a row that it happens to me...:cool:

No problem at all there Joel, I did the mistake all by myself! I was expecting your move and I went left to get the inside for the next left hander but I hadn't stop either so my tyres were gone already; I just slide a bit and touched the grass... You did well! :thumbsup:

Oh that puts my mind at ease. I had pitted and was on fresh tyres, when I caught you I could see that you were struggling for grip. I had a good run up the straight so I thought I'd go for it, I thought it was clean, but I checked the mirrors and you were in the grass. I was thinking "Oh crap". :)

Nice racing today lads, great fun:thumbsup:
Great start @Damien van de Velde , you had every right to have a crack there. Don’t know what I was thinking tonight !! I had thought you tagged me and turned me around. Didn’t know it was that sh*t f’*k c*#t character :D:roflmao::roflmao: @Pappa_G_27 :D
Shame about your little off Simon, would have been very interesting.

Haha!!!! Yeh I should've been keeping further wide. Don't think I realised we were 3 wide. I didn't try and squeeze on purpose.

Ended up going the 2 stop strategy due to qualifying 3rd, with a longer first stint saving the mediums. Then going softs on a shorter second stint. Nearly worked out if I hadn't touched that stupid grass on the outside of the last turn... Twice. Silly mistake, that I kept making even in practice. Tyres on both stints didn't go below 80, so my set up was spot on I think.
My plan if I qualified 5th or lower was to go hard-hard and run no stops. If I knew I'd be in 5th by corner 1 I would have. That would have made it interesting for Tony at least.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 23 25.3%
  • More leagues

Votes: 20 22.0%
  • Prizes

Votes: 19 20.9%
  • Trophies

Votes: 9 9.9%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 6 6.6%