Sorting cars in the folder by brand

I am new to Assetto Corsa. It is not easy to find the folder with a car I want to open, because the folder names begin with a prefix such as aaa_brand_model.
I would like the cars to be sorted alphabetically by brand. If I remove these prefixes, may the game become unstable or cars not drivable?
sort cars by name.png

Last edited:
Do NOT change the folder names. The cars will stop working. If you for example change ks_alfa_giulia_qv to anything else then anything that refers to ks_alfa_giulia_qv (car files, special events with that car, any server that uses the car etc) will stop working for you. Because the folder names have to match, like if a server is using the Giulia, you need to have a folder named ks_alfa_giulia_qv with all the correct car files in that folder, if you change the name then the server will consider you don't have the car so you can't join. Which is a moot point since the car won't work anyway but maybe it helps you understand why it won't.

The cars can be sorted alphabetically in Content Manager. I mean not the folders but they will appear alphabetically in the launcher UI if you want. And you can access a car folder with one click instead of having to go through the whole folder path. CM is basically an entirely different, modder-made launcher for AC that is an enormous improvement over the vanilla launcher, and the more you get familiar with playing and modding AC the more you will appreciate things it does that vanilla launcher doesn't.

dsgsdg.png

TL;DR do not change folder names and get CM.

Last edited:
Could you tell me why are some cars downloaded from RD not drivable? (for example BMW E46, Alfa Romeo GTAM, Peugeot 306 kitcar).
It means the game resets when loading these cars
or
I can drive but the game resets when I select the cars as opponents.

I think they can be unfinished cars or with errors, just like BMW E46 had a Subaru logo.

I always add the proper folders, not the whole .zip content, just the car folders xxx_car_aaa with subfolders animations, sfx, skins, ui...

Could you tell me why are some cars downloaded from RD not drivable? (for example BMW E46, Alfa Romeo GTAM, Peugeot 306 kitcar).
It means the game resets when loading these cars
or
I can drive but the game resets when I select the cars as opponents.

I think they can be unfinished cars or with errors, just like BMW E46 had a Subaru logo.

I always add the proper folders, not the whole .zip content, just the car folders xxx_car_aaa with subfolders animations, sfx, skins, ui...

AFAIK you should be adding the entire 'content' folder if one exists for the mod, I do and it often includes extension/font/etc files that are required.

Yes, if there are other folders and files, I add them.

I mean for example when there is an unzipped folder with cars:
xxx_skoda_130rs

and it contains two subfolders
xxx_skoda_130rs and xxx_skoda_130rs_rally
(variants of the same car, some folders contain more variants, for example Ford Sierra)

then I add only the subfolders to content\cars, not the whole main folder. Is it right or wrong?

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • More leagues

• Prizes

• Trophies

• Forum trophies