Something I would like to understand

Hi.

My favorite cars ever since GPLegends is the Lotus 49. In Pcars 2 I'm able to put the opponent skill to 100 to 120% and I can win a race. I've always been able to accelerate faster then the opponent giving me a chance to win. In AMS 2 now I'm using the new V12 which look better, but what ever I try, I'm forced to reduce their skill to 75% what make them much too slow in the turns but they still accelerate much faster than me. WHY ? Why I can't accelerate faster then them ? I used the top record track setups and still no difference, they still accelerate faster. It's quite frustrating.

André

Last edited:
AI strength varies from track to track.....to be honest AI in general need alot of work still as there are tons of issue.
Each update seems to slowly improve things.
Talking about updates, how I can know which version I have. I bought it after the release of patch 1.45 so I imagine I have this version ?

Hi.

My favorite cars ever since GPLegends is the Lotus 49. In Pcars 2 I'm able to put the opponent skill to 100 to 120% and I can win a race. I've always been able to accelerate faster then the opponent giving me a chance to win. In AMS 2 now I'm using the new V12 which look better, but what ever I try, I'm forced to reduce their skill to 75% what make them much too slow in the turns but they still accelerate much faster than me. WHY ? Why I can't accelerate faster then them ? I used the top record track setups and still no difference, they still accelerate faster. It's quite frustrating.

André
75% is incredibly slow. Are your pedals properly calibrated? Is the brake dragging?

75% is incredibly slow. Are your pedals properly calibrated? Is the brake dragging?
No for sure. My top speed is 310, no slow at all. I can follow them but even at 75% I can't accelerate faster. Like I said, in Pcars 2 they were at 100 to 120% and I was winning races. I doubt my controller is the problem. I can check if I can calibrate the pedals. Honnestly Ididn't go in this section to verify as my G25 was working just as any other racing game.

André

I tweaked a little more my F1 Vintage Gen1 setups and gained a little more speed. Now I can increase the AI skill to 95% and I can get a 10th best time at Monza historic no oval. I can slightly accelerate faster than the AI so I'm satisfied. I closed the brakes trap from 50 to 20% and gained 5 km/h faster. Also inflated a bit more the tires up to 1.45 and tweaked more the gears. I'm progressing.

What I find very strange, the world record for this track and car is 1:29.... as in the game the AI at 100% are doing 1:28...

André

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 450 69.7%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 279 43.2%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 297 46.0%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 133 20.6%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 174 26.9%
Back