Tracks Some Y-trees not loading textures automatically

Hi I'm new to track building for assetto corsa.
So this is my first time attempting to build a decent-"ish" drift themed track for AC.
I'm currently using Blender for my 3D software and exporting my track to AC sdk in .fbx file format. I have used multiple tutorials to use the right naming schemes and everything to make the track work with AC.
Now the problem I have is when I'm importing my track in the sdk. Some Y-trees do import correctly and already with the ksTree shader selected but the other half of the trees just appear with black boxes with a missing diffuse texture and the default ksPerPixel shader. And what I recently found out and find really confusing is that the missing textures seem to happen randomly each time I import the same .fbx file. So I'm really confused on how to fix this. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Here you can see different trees have textures and wrong shaders missing after I imported the same file in a new project.
1681982948231.png

1681983434416.png

Solution:
I have found the solution to my problem. Apparently if you plant your trees in blender using a particle system and then realize the instances, the objects still share some object data with each other and interfering with the AC shaders. This is a very easy fix.
You need to select all the trees (instances/meshes) and go to Object>Relations>Make Single User>Object & Data. This unlinks the trees from each other while still using the same material. After that just import into the AC sdk and the trees will appear in a single object inside BLOCKTRANSFORM. After that you can edit the shader settings for all trees. In the image below is the end result.
1682072233033.png

Last edited:
if you first load something into ksEditor thats normal, i wonder why that one kind of trees is even showing up with correct alpha...

select the black ones, set shader "ksTree" (blendmode alphatest)
goto menu -> "File" -> "Save Persistence"

... now next time you open the fbx it should load what you saved last time...

edit: in Blender make sure there is only one material per sort of tree they only have one material

Last edited:
There are a lot of tools in Blender that are not compatible with the fbx exporter. Basically anything that creates instances of a mesh. (particle system, geometry nodes, shallow copies) You need them all to be either editable meshes or modifiers. For instanced stuff it'll randomly assign materials that don't exist in the .blend file.

Last edited:
if you first load something into ksEditor thats normal, i wonder why that one kind of trees is even showing up with correct alpha...

select the black ones, set shader "ksTree" (blendmode alphatest)
goto menu -> "File" -> "Save Persistence"

... now next time you open the fbx it should load what you saved last time...

edit: in Blender make sure there is only one material per sort of tree they only have one material
Hey @Please Stop This. Since each tree is an object I need to manually change the shader and setting of it for each tree. This is a lot of work and would not be sustainable for bigger projects. I hope there is a different and faster solution for my problem. Each tree has the same material applied in blender.

There are a lot of tools in Blender that are not compatible with the fbx exporter. Basically anything that creates instances of a mesh. (particle system, geometry nodes, shallow copies) You need them all to be either editable meshes or modifiers. For instanced stuff it'll randomly assign materials that don't exist in the .blend file.
Hi Stereo. I placed the trees around the track using the blender hair particle system. But I did however realized them as instances or meshes, so I don't think that would be the problem in my case. All trees have the same material applied. I have also tested if the Windows 3D viewer showed everything right, and it did. So I think the .fbx file is exported correctly. As you can see in the image taken below from the Windows 3D viewer .
1682011338745.png

If you look at the material names on the black ones it should be obvious if it's that problem, they end up with either all caps generic names (MATERIAL0 type thing) or weird duplicates where it's the same material name but different properties.

If you look at the material names on the black ones it should be obvious if it's that problem, they end up with either all caps generic names (MATERIAL0 type thing) or weird duplicates where it's the same material name but different properties.
The material name of the trees that show up correctly is "TreeGroup01". But the trees that don't work have their own seperate material called fbx_material. Meaning that each tree's settings needs to be adjusted seperately.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.