Some mod cars frequently half-spin in certain types of corners. How to fix?

Hello everyone!

Some of my mod cars have a tendency to half-spin in the corners that require fast weight transition. For example, "Villeneuve" esses at Imola, "Bretelle" curve at Dijon-Prenois or "The Dipper" at Bathurst (entering esses).

I checked the Von Dutch AI tutorial and tried to raise the AITorqueStab parameter on each problematic car to improve stability, but it doesn't seem to help. All problematic cars are from GRID GT mod pack: Ferrari 488 GT3 Evo, Lambo Huracan GT3, Ford GT, McLaren 720s GT3, Porsche 911 RSR — all these cars can spin in abovementioned corners 4-10 times during a 50 laps race. What is more disappointing is that all these cars are pretty competitive and could be finishing in top-3 regularly, but due to the spin issue they are usually a lap behind me by the chequered flag, so that compromises the competition.

Is there a solid solution for the problem? Any suggestions are appreciated.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 13397

try to change brake balance or/and brake pressure
just a gues

AITorqueStab controls how much impact force it takes to move the car, no effect on handling. (Too high and the car is a tank, too low and the slightest contact will bump it off track.)

If the AI are spinning the cars but you can drive them fine, the issue is in the talent files, the AI are taking those turns too fast; try tweaking:

// Increase attempted low-speed cornering by adding a minimum onto calculated speed.
// Reduce attempted high-speed cornering by multiplying speed by a number less than 1.0.
// <adjusted speed> = CorneringAdd + (CorneringMult * <original speed>)
CorneringAdd = 1.524 // Higher number increases low speed cornering
CorneringMult = 0.972 // Higher number increases high speed cornering

AITorqueStab controls how much impact force it takes to move the car, no effect on handling. (Too high and the car is a tank, too low and the slightest contact will bump it off track.)

If the AI are spinning the cars but you can drive them fine, the issue is in the talent files, the AI are taking those turns too fast; try tweaking:

// Increase attempted low-speed cornering by adding a minimum onto calculated speed.
// Reduce attempted high-speed cornering by multiplying speed by a number less than 1.0.
// <adjusted speed> = CorneringAdd + (CorneringMult * <original speed>)
CorneringAdd = 1.524 // Higher number increases low speed cornering
CorneringMult = 0.972 // Higher number increases high speed cornering
I haven't tried this yet! Thank you, I'll make some testing.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 17 24.3%
  • More leagues

Votes: 16 22.9%
  • Prizes

Votes: 15 21.4%
  • Trophies

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 5 7.1%