Some effects like MSAA will not work. Please check resolution in the video settings.

When the cars and track are loading I get the message Warning. Running in safe mode with desktop resolution. Some effects like MSAA will not work. Please check resolution in the video settings.
What should I be checking and/or setting it to?

Last edited:
Good news, I found a fix! Thanks to icee on the SRP discord server for this!

Go into Assetto Corsa -> settings -> video and change the resolution to something other than "Custom" (I changed mine to match my monitor)
2Screenshot 2022-03-12 204218.png

Been seeing this one myself lately, no idea why (seem to happened since CM update), but in my case my resolution was always set correctly (5700x1080x75h). I noticed that opening resolution list and choosing the same resolution AGAIN made it working no problem. Think its a bug of some sort but had similar issue with key mapping on steering wheel with the same solution.

Been seeing this one myself lately, no idea why (seem to happened since CM update), but in my case my resolution was always set correctly (5700x1080x75h). I noticed that opening resolution list and choosing the same resolution AGAIN made it working no problem. Think its a bug of some sort but had similar issue with key mapping on steering wheel with the same solution.

Have you tried to reset everything and start fresh again?

Have you tried to reset everything and start fresh again?

no, after I figured out what the problem was it doesnt happen again (its like CM update caused some of settings revert to odd values even though it correctly show them in menu). Re-choosing them values and saving video/button mappingh setting sorts it out for good.

My monitor size is 5760 x 1080. CM does not give me the option to select it. Using custom it displays the safe mode warning. running out of solutions and need help. This started happening after I re-setup my sim from moving houses

Last edited:
My monitor size is 5760 x 1080. CM does not give me the option to select it. Using custom it displays the safe mode warning. running out of solutions and need help. This started happening after I re-setup my sim from moving houses
is that ultra-wide monitor or 3xFHD ? If the latter option, are you using surround desktop?
is the custom-display value on CM the same as you would have on desktop in nvidia/radeon control panel? (resolution AND refresh rate?)

Hello,

After going through plenty of threads I am still struggling wit an issue.

I still get warning regarding running in safe mode so no MSAA for me.

Trouble is that despite my monitor having a resolution of 2560x1440 it is not available to choose such resolution from the AC CM dropdown menu?

I'd appreciate any help/ideas.

Cheers!

Attachments

• 1670663097979.png
    1670663097979.png
    571.3 KB · Views: 811
  • 1670663173296.png
    1670663173296.png
    343.4 KB · Views: 595
Hello,

After going through plenty of threads I am still struggling wit an issue.

I still get warning regarding running in safe mode so no MSAA for me.

Trouble is that despite my monitor having a resolution of 2560x1440 it is not available to choose such resolution from the AC CM dropdown menu?

I'd appreciate any help/ideas.

Cheers!
Wow I posted this in February and today I only just got notified of a reply. :o

Yay, this worked for me, deselecting and reselecting the same setting.
It also got rid of the having to verify video message too...double good job. :D

Thanks for confirming that this solves the issue for you.

It seems that my problem is not only with assetto - other games have the same issue with not detecting higher resolution.

Thanks for confirming that this solves the issue for you.

It seems that my problem is not only with assetto - other games have the same issue with not detecting higher resolution.
Oh, it's only been Assetto Corsa for me. But then again I don't have many games installed now. Only Assetto, Dead Frontier and DCU Online. Used to have F1 2018, 2020, 2021 and old Carmageddon games and they worked fine.

When the cars and track are loading I get the message Warning. Running in safe mode with desktop resolution. Some effects like MSAA will not work. Please check resolution in the video settings.
What should I be ch
What should I be checking and/or setting it to?

I am having the same issue but can anyone tell me a fix for this situation. Call me an idiot, but even though I have a 1920-1080p monitor i run the res at 1920-2160 because I like the way the start and the ui look when in a race (The start menu side hud look too big). I use alt enter to get it fullscreen. After the update I get the same message. Does anyone know how to do the sizing a different way or fix the message. Thx

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.