Some Do's and Dont's of Simracing!

Well I have been bored today and since I forget how to do stuff so quick I decided to mess around with Movie Player - the end result is a bit crap really but I thought why not upload it and share it - so here goes - Some DO's and Don't of Simracing from my first (and only) full length Offline Practice Race for the final Race of the RDHCS Season 10 League at Piddy - why I did this even I don't know - why I did it using camera phone footage is another mystery, why we are here in the Universe is another - but the last one is more likely to be answered than the others!!

I found this a while back and this is also very good..
http://wiki.grandprixlegends.info/index.php?title=GPL_Recommended_Driver_Behaviour

To recap race clean,
If you take the inside line hold the inside line
no sitting on the inside rear quarter of a car going into a corner (your front wheel inline with his rear wheel) side by side into a corner is side by side, not a partial overlap..
No divie bombing into corners.
no aggressive driving or retaliation, mistakes happen, 99%of the time it was a accident.
No reversing out on to the track after a crash .
ALWAY enter the track in a forward motion USE YOUR MIRRORS to check it clear behind you
Do not pull back onto the racing line until your up to race speed.
If you think you hit somebody you probably have, so maybe time to wait for them to get back on track before you start racing again. (If you run wide in a corner and leave no were for the driver on the outside to go and he goes off ) this is your fault you must wait for him to rejoin.

Different cars carry different speed through corners and brake at different point be aware of this.
study the car in front for a couple of corners before you pounce.

If your about to be lapped hold your line let the car behind make his move and then you can ease of the gas to assist him.. if you are the overtaking car pull up behind and pull out and drive around the car not through it. do not push the car you overtake around.
Do not look to take advantage over fellow racers whilst overtaking back markers,
they are also in there race so be nice and it will be returned.

The main thing to remember is we do this for fun, there are no trophies to win or prize money.
and should be driven in that spirit. WE DO THIS FOR FUN

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back