AC Social Event: GT4's @ Red Bull Ring GP - Tue 18Sep18

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I'm never gonna disrespect a Porsche again. Those jokes burnt my computer. :cry:
After trying a lot I could power it up and even get in the server (2 hours or more later the race).

But then after left the game I've tried to open the Fanatec Settings, the computer got slow a bit, and then the screen got black, the power light started blinking as it was trying to power up but has no current enough to start.

I haven't make an analysis yet, but the symptoms aren't encouraging.
Well, your first post made me laugh............that was until I read the second one. I'm sorry Dirk has put a curse on your pc. He's normally a helpful guy, but he has obviously sent his electronic gremlins to stay with you for a while.

On a serious note, it may be something as simple as a power supply. The symptoms sound like it to me, but I'm no expert. You might try sharing your issues in this section of the website. Lot's of really intelligent guys here plus one blonde stooge from the US:(

Good luck and let us know if we can be of any help Douglas. It's been really nice having join this merry band of Hooligans:thumbsup::)

Well, your first post made me laugh............that was until I read the second one. I'm sorry Dirk has put a curse on your pc. He's normally a helpful guy, but he has obviously sent his electronic gremlins to stay with you for a while.

On a serious note, it may be something as simple as a power supply. The symptoms sound like it to me, but I'm no expert. You might try sharing your issues in this section of the website. Lot's of really intelligent guys here plus one blonde stooge from the US:(

Good luck and let us know if we can be of any help Douglas. It's been really nice having join this merry band of Hooligans:thumbsup::)

Hahahah
Dirk would never do that! But if he did, the gremlins got stuck on the previous power supply, which was switched, and the engine is roaring again.

Thank you Bobby! Let's race!

Actually, it's the fronts that melt away on the Porsche. They figured hey, a Porsche that has the engine in the rear eats rear tires and this one isn't a rear engine.........it's mid engine, but a Porsche has to eat tires so they fed them the fronts:p

If you are looking to go a level or two up from the Mazda Cup, the Porsche Cayman ain't bad. I like this car and have been learning it lately. It is VERY hard on the left front (runs hot) and pushes like hell. But it has a very nice power oversteer coming off corners. Remembering that driving style plays as big a role in these things as "set ups", I'm doing my part by going into a corner a little softer.

I was going to fire off a PM to @Dirk Steffen about this. As the Porsche guru I hoped that maybe he has a cure for the fronts.

So far, I've put a little air in the L/F and a little stiffness out of the rear sway bar and find that helps a little.

I can out run the AI on both Road America and Riverside (long tracks) and will be starting short tracks (Road Atlanta) this week.

There are about 8 cars, including an open Lotus, that sorta can pass for GT4. Makes a real nice grid for doing this on your own. I'm guessing these would be IMSA Continental Ti(y)re GT cars here in the states.

Ted, I am no guru, just a guy who likes Porsche cars ;-)

The Cayman GT4 CS really is a very, very balanced and easy to drive car when setup properly. Its only two flaws in the way it is represented in Assetto Corsa are:
- differential balance (a little too tight off throttle + too loose on throttle)
- aero (front splitter is just at the border of efficiency at its legal ride hight of 79mm and it has no diffusor and adjustable rear wing)

The differential you just have to get used too (once you know that the car pushes off throttle and is very sensitive on throttle exiting corners - remember T2 @red bull Ring Bobby ? - you can make use of this behavior).
It can be difficult though for some as of subjective preference (I like my off thottle diff rather loose and prefer a tight diff on corner exit from running 911 based cars mostly as that usually is the natural behavior of the rear engined 911).

I don’t remember having any issues of any kind re. tires with the Cayman.
The key in setup with the Cayman GT4 CS is to get it as low as legal in front, run as soft spring rates as you can away with (to keep the front low and the splitter efficient) and still be able to deal with weight transfer - remember, no damper settings available.

Set proper camber and toe (Kunos defaults come much too often with very high camber values and a very strong tendency of understeer, eating away front tires an producing shifty rear ends).

Have a brake balance that just about is neutral (too much to the front and your ABS will be busy with front lockups and you will fight an understeering car on entry in combination with a tight diff off throttle).

Be VERY gentle and fade in throttle as early as you can but SMOOTHLY as of the pretty open diff on throttle.

Focus on very, very smooth cornering with a perfect, even line through corners, carrying speed rather than driving abruptly and changing lines mid corner (camber + toe balance is the key for this, so setup the car neutral).
You don’t make time with the Cayman GT4 CS with power (it is not THAT powerful) you make it mainly with smooth cornering and carrying higher corner speeds - it is also (as most Porsche) amazing on the brakes, so learn to set optimal brake balance and brake later than the competition.

Ted, I am no guru, just a guy who likes Porsche cars ;-)

The Cayman GT4 CS really is a very, very balanced and easy to drive car when setup properly.
That is the main thing. It comes out of the box in a nice state. I get a little to a little more push than I'd like going in and a little over steer coming out naturally, or as much as I'd like. But it is all very controllable.

I haven't gotten to adjusting camber yet ... that could be my hot left front. Just gave it a try at Road Atlanta ... first short track ... and didn't really push the car, but still got a hotter left front.

Kunos cars also all seem to have a LOT of negative toe settings, which I don't like. I like it just barely positive in the front ... just a smidge negative at the rear ... just a little itty bit.

I don't want to change much, I like it where it is and can control it nicely. But I would like to stop heating up the left front to the point the front washes out unless I'm real careful.
When the tire gets hot the car will float right off the road on entrance to a corner.

The differential you just have to get used too (once you know that the car pushes off throttle and is very sensitive on throttle exiting corners - remember T2 @red bull Ring Bobby ? - you can make use of this behavior).
Yes I do. So are you saying maybe I should coast a little more through there and then patiently apply throttle? I'm afraid my foot just catches me out sometimes:( Thanks for the tip.

Yes I do. So are you saying maybe I should coast a little more through there and then patiently apply throttle? I'm afraid my foot just catches me out sometimes:( Thanks for the tip.

Don't forget the left foot braking.

I had a couple spare pedals and can't move my pedal assemblies.

Like they say: Necessity, its a mutha!

DIY Brake pedals.jpg

If ya can't fix it ... Duck It!

So, this AM I was replacing a light switch in a 2 switch line and didn't turn off the power. I like working live because it has all the thrills of shark fishing in a real small boat. Which my wife pointed out about the time I burned a new "skinning notch" in my wire dikes.:confused:

Jist call me Sparky!

I just happened to notice the sponge for a windshield wiper.:roflmao: Hell, it's on the passenger side anyoldways ... she don't need to see anything.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 42 26.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 31 19.5%
  • Prizes

Votes: 29 18.2%
  • Trophies

Votes: 17 10.7%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 10 6.3%