AC Social Event: EU Advanced Driver Academy @ Highlands Drift - Mon 30Apr18

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
(also posted on helicorsa post):

Hello,

Since yesterday I cannot find the helicorsa icon on the right part of the screen.
I think I tried everything: reinstall it, redownload it, disabled other APPs to reduce risks of incompatibility, launching from the content manager or steam... nothing works. :cry::cry:
I don't understand what's going on. I can see it tough in the set up:

View attachment 249149

Did someone already have the same experience?

Thank you!

(also posted on helicorsa post):

Hello,

Since yesterday I cannot find the helicorsa icon on the right part of the screen.
I think I tried everything: reinstall it, redownload it, disabled other APPs to reduce risks of incompatibility, launching from the content manager or steam... nothing works. :cry::cry:
I don't understand what's going on. I can see it tough in the set up:

View attachment 249149

Did someone already have the same experience?

Thank you!
We'll get it worked out. You have to enable it in Content Mgr. if that's the launcher you are using.

Thanks again for a not only informative, but also entertaining evening. :)
Overall the concept works fine, but there are two suggestions I'd like to make.

1) The track used. Highland Drift is a bit of a weird track tbh.
I get that it's a fairly short yet challenging track, but that also means there is no room for illustrating certain maneuvers since there are no straights to set them up.
Not to mention that if you come to AC from another sim, you're unlikely to be even vaguely familiar with it.
Something like Nurburgring Sprint might fit the bill, but again just a thought.

2) And this one is highly personal, but maybe split off the set-up stuff into a lesson of its own?
We already have the Drivers Academy for the basic racing stuff.
So build on that with an Adv. Drivers Academy showing overtaking techniques. pit strategies and MP etiquette.
Then having a separate set-up class covering only that. Maybe using a slightly more advanced car than the 235i, something like an F4 perhaps.
Again, this is just a personal opinion, and it's mainly due to me having had plenty of Club races in the past.
I would simply have preferred to spend more time going through the sequence of building a set-up, and trying out the different variables in a live environment.

But that aside, it was a fun evening, and highly recommended. :)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.