F1 2016 So much understeer

F1 2016 The Game (Codemasters)

Brent Mills

Brent Mills
Just got the game on the current sale and getting a feel for the handling and the first thing that strikes me is how extremely understeery it is. I've made an extreme setup with low front susp and arb and high rear which helps a bit but then coming out of corners is too twitchy. I'm at 90 minutes play time so need to make a decision whether to get a refund or not. I dunno maybe I'm expecting too much after playing AC and rf2 but do you guys find the same or is there any other settings that help with the understeer? At the moment its hard to enjoy.

I'm with you on that . Got a G29 and even with assists on I struggle to keep the car on the track and when I turn the corners , even though the steering looks pretty much 1 : 1 with the physical wheel it doesnt behave at all . With my Steam Controller I won a GP but with this wheel I struggle to do a lap of the track without going all over the grass and / or hitting barriers :laugh: At the end of the day Im not too concerned because my wheel works fine with the driving sims I have so if I have to keep with the Steam Controller with this Im not too bothered but yeah youre right the handling seems terrible ( I have F12016 set to 360 rotation in case you want to know ) .

PS The odd thing is that on the straights it feels oversteery and fidgety whereas on a sharp corner its massively understeery and youre on the grass ( or into a wall ) .

yeh , it's hard to see myself opting to play this over AC or Rf2 when wanting to play offline, so I guess I'll get a refund unless someone has some magic setting they know of. When you say you set rotation to 360, I searched for different lock settings but couldn't find anything. I have a T300 and all i did is set it at 360 in the windows profile.

I think your problem is that you are used play AC and RF where cars behavior is much different.
My setups are almost always completely stiff on front and as much as possible soft to the rear, to have more traction out of corners. But keep in your mind tha setup in F1 is not so important as in AC or Rf. I never had understeer issue just because I play only F1 and I know how to drive in this game.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.