GT5 So guys what is the wheel of choice when playing GT5?

My choice is a G25. In the last ten months i went through four different wheels. I had a DFGT , G27 but sold both and i still have a DFPRO and my G25. The G25 was bought about a month ago, I found it new discounted for $159 so i had to have it. I sold my G27 to a friend at work that got into simracing. I didn't like the spoke design design on G27, i prefer the G25. Although i H Shift, its nice to have the sequential shift option on the G25 as well. I didnt have have a PS3 at the time i had my DFGT so i never got to play GT5 with it but i'm sure the wheel worked great with the game. DFGT worked well for me with Race07/ GTL and RFactor. Im curious about the Thrustmaster T500. Does anyone have this wheel?

Well, my wheel is more through necessity than choice. While I'd like one, I can't afford (or justify) the price of high-end wheels like the G25/27. Instead I have a Driving Force GT which I think gives a good balance between features and cost. It was also the 'official' wheel of GT5 before that Thrustmaster monstrosity came along, so it is fully compatible with the game. I actually bought it some months before GT5's release for playing Race 07, and the fact I had it was an influencing factor in buying GT5... without a PS3 compatible wheel I would not have bothered.

Anyway, it does the job perfectly for me so I have no complaints.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.4%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.4%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.4%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 14 6.6%