Slowly, but surely, this is getting out of hand, RD.

Is your plan to make the worlds first website in which you can't see any content because it's all misplaced by ads and banners telling you to finally buy premium?

Because you're starting to get there.

I'm only glad you haven't started putting in video ads yet. Yet.

unknown.png

I feel your pain. As a user with a 720p monitor I'm greeted with what is essentially 90% adverts and 10% content. I understand the site needs to make money to exist but I think there becomes a point when a focus on monitisation comes at a detroment to the experince of the end user which is what I feel is currently being experienced.

1592564722548.png

Is your plan to make the worlds first website in which you can't see any content because it's all misplaced by ads and banners telling you to finally buy premium?

Because you're starting to get there.

I'm only glad you haven't started putting in video ads yet. Yet.

unknown.png
We have exactly zero in content placed ads to give the most real estate for viewing. If you all prefer in content ads in the middle of it all please let us know and we can adapt to such much higher paying ads that you see on most websites in the world: in between text, pop-ups, preroll videos, paywalls, etc.

I personally hate them hence we opted for lower paying ads that are on the far end of the screen. Four ads per page is nowadays less than what the industry standard is since Google dropped the max of three ads per page some years ago.

If there were only a way to support the future and growth of this platform and at the same time don't see any ads. Now that would be a great solution.

Any other solution to help us pay the bills without the use of ads is very much appreciated.

We have exactly zero in content placed ads to give the most real estate for viewing. If you all prefer in content ads in the middle of it all please let us know and we can adapt to such much higher paying ads that you see on most websites in the world: in between text, pop-ups, preroll videos, paywalls, etc.

I personally hate them hence we opted for lower paying ads that are on the far end of the screen. Four ads per page is nowadays less than what the industry standard is since Google dropped the max of three ads per page some years ago.

If there were only a way to support the future and growth of this platform and at the same time don't see any ads. Now that would be a great solution.

Any other solution to help us pay the bills without the use of ads is very much appreciated.

Have you even looked at the provided screenshots? Especially Samuels screenshot makes it perfectly clear that no, you do not care about "screen real estate".

This problem is only worsened on mobile devices, making your website literally unviewable at times.

I am not saying to get rid of all Ads, far from it. I am suggesting to rethink ad placement that makes the website unviewable on certain resolutions and devices.

We do mate, but sorry to say but only an absolute minority of people browse our site on a 720p monitor. Most of our users on desktop are on a minimum of 1080p and a growing minority is even way larger. One single adhesion unit at the bottom that is an acceptable industry standard is not killing the experience

The side-rail ads don't show on mobile, they actually only show on wider screen monitors which most of our desktop users seem to own so there is no issue.

The only alternative is in content ads placed in the heart of where you are actually reading and have your eyes on. If the majority of our readers are in favor for that solution I am all ears and will switch it immediately as that would help us a lot as well.

With the user experience in mind this really isn't a bad placement for the majority of our users.

I'm on a 1080p monitor. Here's an issue that makes an element of your site unusable. There's other photos to the left and right of this in the UI that you used to be able to click little arrows to navigate to. With some inspect element magic, I can see that they are still there, but they sure aren't usable anymore. I'm a UI designer myself; I understand the woes of trying to run a website as a business with the support of ads. But this is getting ridiculous.
screenshot racedepartment holy moly ads.png

There's other photos to the left and right of this in the UI that you used to be able to click little arrows to navigate to. With some inspect element magic, I can see that they are still there, but they sure aren't usable anymore.
It's not ideal that the ads are blocking part of the picture. However, there are no little arrows in my view either (without ads, because I'm Premium).
You can also see that in the top left it says "1/1" - all of the pictures in that set are only viewable one at a time (I'm not sure why that is though). The last time I found a thread with multiple pictures viewable as a set (with arrows) I seem to recall that the left and right arrows on the keyboard also worked, but that might be my imagination.

Idk what's going on because I inspect-elemented my way past one of those sidebar ads last night (US Central time) and found a gray arrow on that page. I didn't take a screenshot, but I should have. Today, after bringing this up, the ads are gone but so is the arrow functionality. I don't know what's going on behind the scenes but I am very confident in my eyes and memory of what I've seen on the page.
screenshot racedepartment holy moly ads the next day.png

This is a page with multiple images on it, not just 1 of 1.
2020-06-22 (2).png

This is a page with multiple images on it, not just 1 of 1.
Yup, I tested the same page.
Idk what's going on because I inspect-elemented my way past one of those sidebar ads last night (US Central time) and found a gray arrow on that page. I didn't take a screenshot, but I should have. Today, after bringing this up, the ads are gone but so is the arrow functionality. I don't know what's going on behind the scenes but I am very confident in my eyes and memory of what I've seen on the page.
Fair enough. It's not inconceivable that Bram has been tweaking the style settings since you last tried it...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back