Slower isn't the most boring

I've been away from simracing for a few years and, getting back in the game, I remember how good some slow paced cars / tracks combos are good. As a simracer, I've always prefered the good old high downforce cars, the insanely powerful GT1s cars or the Protoype C ones, but some slow combos made me rethink about the racing.

GT Legends at first, WTCC in Race07, NSU TTS and F Junior cars in Raceroom, these are amazingly fun when used in the right tracks. Most recently I've discovered some slow cars in AMS2 (Formula Vee and Formula Training) and it was exciting.

So, as being primarly not a fan of slow cars, I would like to know what are you best slow car / track combos .

I must pay homage to a rarely mentioned mod, the Estonia-20 1600, a perfect car (I remember the modder got harsh critics about the shaders, it was too severe, thanksfully he kept working on his mods), in a driving point of view, with wings and low power and manual H shifter. It is huge and uniquely fun, on the right track, and I'm mentioning Baskerville, an unsignificant track in fast cars, but absolutely fun with this car. For sure, there are plenty of other short tracks to enjoy with this car. The legend cars are also a good choince.

As I'm sure we ignore many mods because they are underrated slow cars, let me/us, know about your fav' slow combos!

A 75hp Spitfire can be as much fun as an 800hp McLaren; the challenge is to get best performance from a car, whatever it is.

In GTR2 I enjoy taking the 2CV mod to Roskilde Ring.

Fun with 45hp?...

IMO Slower cars are more fun and rewarding than racing anything faster than GT3.. This includes F1(which I haven't gotten used to racing yet and am struggling to find the point of it) The faster cars don't let you wrestle with the tyres and aren't good to train on, when you lose the rear, it's just gone.

Last edited:
The slower the cars the better the online races often are. More time for close combat racing. Big fan here of MINI's, classic Abarth, F3's, any touringcar or other cars with low powered engines.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.