rF2 Skip Barber @ Limerock Park - Tue 30 Apr 2019

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
However, when trying to practice offline, starting from the pits, the car is on auto-pilot and steers itself into other cars, trees, etc, so I can't get it out onto the track to try! Really weird! Any idea on what's going on with this?
Isn't there some kind of autopit assist in rF2? So you might have that turned on, and it might be getting confused with this track. The way out of pits is kinda complicated ;)
Finally, what time is practice, warm-up and race in Eastern Time Zone time (US), please?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastern_Time_Zone
Eastern Daylight Savings time is UTC-4 hours.

Would love to try and join you guysfor this. I've been participating in the Wednesday night US AC races most weeks. I've always been a backmarker and have no reason to belive that will change any time soon. :redface: I'd like to join you guys but have a number of problems/questions to sort out first:

1. The car you link to is the Skip Barber Formula 2013, Correct? (Your announcement refers to the Skip Barber 2000, hence my confusion.) 've got the 2013 installed in RF2.

2. However, when trying to practice offline, starting from the pits, the car is on auto-pilot and steers itself into other cars, trees, etc, so I can't get it out onto the track to try! Really weird! Any idea on what's going on with this? (FWIW....Other cars are also on auto-pilot but automatically drive themselves onto the track successfully, when control automatically reverts to me...) I haven't run RF2 in quite sometime, so suspect that I have a setting or two wrong... Any help with this?

3. Finally, what time is practice, warm-up and race in Eastern Time Zone time (US), please?

If I can get these things sorted out (and timing works out), I'm definitely interested in joining you!

Thanks!
Hello again.
Yes the car is called the Skip Barber Formula 2000 and this is what differentiates it from other Skip Barber cars. 2013 is just the year of this particular car - I guess they differ slightly by year? I didn't want to call it F2000 (2013) and the put Steam in another set of brackets as I thought it looked scruffy and might cause confusion. :roflmao:

As Martin says, check your function keys - F1, F2 etc. you may have steering help or auto pit lane or something enabled. There is a way to show which of these are enabled in the bottom right of your screen (HUD) but I forget what the default command is.

It looks to me like practice will begin at 15:00 on the Eastern seaboard, but maybe you should check that.

Let me know if you wanna sign up, you'd be made to feel very welcome. :)

I got things sorted out now, Denis. Thanks to you and Martin!

A few more questions if you don't mind:

1. When is the server up and available for practice? I can't find it at the moment. And,

2. What aids are and aren't allowed (ie - traction control, ABS, steering/braking help, etc)? If the server isn't available yet for practice, I'd like to match the aids allowed when practicing offline.

3. Are there any downloadable setups available? Or set up tips?

Thanks again!

Bert

SERVER IS UP!

NOTE: The GetMod service is available once again, so any missing component files that are required for this event (except for paid DLC, if applicable) will be automatically downloaded and installed when joining the server.

I got things sorted out now, Denis. Thanks to you and Martin!

A few more questions if you don't mind:

1. When is the server up and available for practice? I can't find it at the moment. And,

2. What aids are and aren't allowed (ie - traction control, ABS, steering/braking help, etc)? If the server isn't available yet for practice, I'd like to match the aids allowed when practicing offline.

3. Are there any downloadable setups available? Or set up tips?

Thanks again!

Bert
Hi Bert

1.Server is up. Thanks to @Daiman Patel. In future I'll try to get it up on the day I post the event.

2. The only aid we allow is auto gears - unless the RL car has TC, ABS, SC, etc.

3. I don't think so. The guys on the server will help with setup on the night (daytime for you). Setup options are very limited anyway. You are asking the wrong guy for tips, I'm afraid. However, I do think that this car has a lot to teach us about weight transfer. There are lots of videos online, but we are not meant to post links to external sites. Google Driver 61, tutorial 5 - Understanding Weight Transfer - or take a look at this thread on RD. https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/go-faster-with-aris-weight-transfer-video-released.134868/

Please remember, I'm starting this event, with an eye to helping people (and myself) improve their racing technique (and maybe race craft). There is really not much point in spending hours practicing for the event. Just turn up, with low expectations and high spirits and (hopefully) try to learn something. Get yourself on TeamSpeak, have a big mug of tea ready to go. Let's all get to know each other a little better and have some laughs whilst we learn something in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. :)

PS So Bert, are you gonna sign up?

Last edited:
Hi Bert....

......2. The only aid we allow is auto gears - unless the RL car has TC, ABS, SC, etc.

...... There is really not much point in spending hours practicing for the event. Just turn up, with low expectations and high spirits and (hopefully) try to learn something. Get yourself on TeamSpeak, have a big mug of tea ready to go. Let's all get to know each other a little better and have some laughs whilst we learn something in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. :)

PS So Bert, are you gonna sign up?

Yes, Please sign me up ... with a caveat. I have some major repair work scheduled for tomorrow (Tuesday) in front of my house. There's a chance of power being cut and/or the need to keep my eye on things. In that case, I won't be able to race. But, if things go smoothly, I plan on participating.

WRT #2 above - So in the case of the Skippy, does it have TC, ABS, SC etc? If so, should we activate any of them? I wouldn't know what a RL car has available....

Thanks, Denis!

So in the case of the Skippy, does it have TC, ABS, SC etc?
It has four wheels and an engine... ;)

But, to answer more seriously, no, it doesn't have any of those things. It's a very barebones trainer car that's designed to teach you the fundamentals of driving race cars to the point where it kinda exaggerates certain things to "point out" your mistakes to you. So having TC or ABS would not really make sense, as you're supposed to learn about proper throttle and brake control, and both of these would go contrary to what the car is trying to teach you.

So even if they were available in-game, I would suggest not activating them anyway. The best tip I can give (as someone who's mostly average at best himself) is to go about it slowly and smoothly, try not to get frustrated and really think about what you are doing and why this or that happened to try and learn from it. And, obviously, if needed, ask either here (before the race) or on TS. It's a challenging car to drive, but it's also a really fun car and quite rewarding when you get it right.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 30 24.2%
  • More leagues

Votes: 25 20.2%
  • Prizes

Votes: 22 17.7%
  • Trophies

Votes: 13 10.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 7 5.6%